DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I'm still hoping others will use this thread to escape from the normal keyboarding & do some racing.

quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
I was out there and on a roll in Sportsman and went to the semis on Saturday. I had found a charging issue on the car and ran a bit slow with the alternator on full charge and lost being .007 behind.
Sunday I felt great .004 first round, and .001 red round 2 Mad
I ran a team member that round and he ended up with the race win so it was a fun weekend with friends.

Finally got someone to talk about their racing & give a race report, good or bad. Wink

We can't be the only one's racing, or can we?

2BKING thanks Dan/double trouble!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Is that what this thread was for? I thought we were here to blow on B KING'S balls.

I will report come Sunday on the DRR faithfuls best I can from the bby gators.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is the updated points from this past weekend points races. The 1st round loss really hurt. I'll post up the slip with my screw up. Red Face

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

2BKING was not the King on this pass. Eek
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
One too many womps

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was in the right lane, I was a stripe hog!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did the same against Chad Webber first round at race 1 in Phoenix. It happens. Although I actually thought I was dialed closer the track got way better and I was sunk. Good job to Chad for getting behind FTW.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
Is that what this thread was for? I thought we were here to blow on B KING'S balls.

I will report come Sunday on the DRR faithfuls best I can from the bby gators.

It's time for the rubber to meet the track again, no resting on my keyboard laurels here!

Heading for the track bright & early Sat. morning for a single points race. This race is more for refining the Camaro, myself & working more 1/8th mile strategy to hopefully compete at the Spring Fling Million race(s).

Regardless of Sat. outcome good, bad or in-between results. I'll share what happens with the race & my experience(s).

"Is that what this thread was for?" Do what you keyboard, it's not hard to do unless you have a fragile ego.

2BKING is not here for anyone to "blow" on any part of me.
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Kick som a zz!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4506 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My mind was a mental mess yesterday for racing! Eek

1st time hit; I was staged & didn't realize it. I was in deep I'm assuming, but it didn't knock out the top light. Anyway, I had to go with it & went -.091, along with a big wheelie. I was so flustered I forgot to practice my 1/8th mile spot drop. Mad

2nd time hit; got my staging right & was rewarded with a .130 reaction! Red Face The plan was to cut the throttle at the 1,000' mark. I went past the mark some & went 9.076, the run completer estimated a 9.011.

1st round; I was trying to clear my mind of the previous time hits. The time slip explains most of the run. I made a last millisecond(s) decision in the run to tag the brakes to give him the stripe. Of course, in hindsight that was the wrong decision.

What did I learn? I could pull my head out of my butt. Plus, I need to tighten the extension on the front shocks more.

2BKING was not King yesterday. Frown
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be ashamed of that run. He treed you .006 then went dead .009 and you lost by .009. Your package would win a lot of races

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I wouldn't be ashamed of that run. He treed you .006 then went dead .009 and you lost by .009. Your package would win a lot of races

Fern,

I was happy with the run, even though I made the wrong decision. My opponent put down a great package! I was happy to finally have my head pulled out of my butt.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
From what I understand, most everything out of T&D is 10-12 weeks out

Called T&D & the complete kit for my heads was 4-5 weeks out.

I ordered 6 sets to go with my 2 new spare sets & they're 3-4 weeks projected delivery.

2BKING
Relaxing

T & D for the WIN!

They charged my debit card today & delivery notice for tomorrow on the rockers; 2 working weeks & 3 days. Plus, $1500 later. LOL!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I ordered 6 sets to go with my 2 new spare sets & they're 3-4 weeks projected delivery.

Seeing as how you use a ProCharger, could have upgrading to steel rockers been a better choice? Just asking.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Seeing as how you use a ProCharger, could have upgrading to steel rockers been a better choice? Just asking.

Due to time constraints the quickest way to put fresh rockers was the way I did it. We will eventually go to the steel rockers at least on the exhaust side. The extra stresses are on the exhaust side from the ProCharger.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TnT this Fri. I'll be working on 1/8-mile strategy. Points race on Sat. if it doesn't rain. The plan is to double Pro & S/Pro off the bottom bulb. Pro is 1/4 & S/Pro is 1/8th mile. Trying to get some last minute fine tuning in before the Spring Fling.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lots of racing for you guys and gals . We are mostly lucky to run once a month .
In saying that Im back on the road again next week to run the River Bend Nationals . 14hr haul and looking for a better result than last month @ Sunset Strip out 2nd rnd . Be good back on the long track , helps my car IMO .
Will be going to try tbrake again after a couple yrs back footbraking , just to tighten the tree up . At least weather will be cooler was 108F both days, high 80s at night , @ Sunset Strip .
Need to go a few more rounds and grab more points in my conference and not forgetting want another tree. After this only 2 events to go .

Tex

Posts: 62 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Due to time constraints the quickest way to put fresh rockers was the way I did it. We will eventually go to the steel rockers at least on the exhaust side. The extra stresses are on the exhaust side from the ProCharger.

2BKING
Relaxing

when you get to that point reach out to Trevor Manton and look at there rockers...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex013:
lots of racing for you guys and gals . We are mostly lucky to run once a month .
In saying that Im back on the road again next week to run the River Bend Nationals . 14hr haul and looking for a better result than last month @ Sunset Strip out 2nd rnd . Be good back on the long track , helps my car IMO .
Will be going to try tbrake again after a couple yrs back footbraking , just to tighten the tree up . At least weather will be cooler was 108F both days, high 80s at night , @ Sunset Strip .
Need to go a few more rounds and grab more points in my conference and not forgetting want another tree. After this only 2 events to go .

Tex

Lots of racing can be a blessing, but sometimes it's a pain.

I'm grateful for our lower temps for racing in Las Vegas, than your temps.

Good Luck with your racing!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
when you get to that point reach out to Trevor Manton and look at there rockers...

I'm very happy with our T & D rocker shafts, but open to looking at other options.

What do think the advantage(s) are by making a brand switch?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436