DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the win, great start to the season!
Hope the truck gets sorted out for you.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the win. Sounds like you have that car working well.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your WIN!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4024 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Man, you must have been busy! I never saw you but I did make it to 4 cars saturday then spun the tires hard in the Mustang Sunday r#1

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 992 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well done!!!!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good job!! Cool

Posts: 716 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys for all the compliments!

I started this thread hopefully as a fun deal. You know when we STFU on the keyboard BS & actually go bracket racing.

BTR, I wish the car was working well! In the past our/my car has always been better than the drivers. Since building this new combo the driver has to be better than the car. I'm working hard to get it back to where it was. Needless to say, I've had to rely on some pretty creative driving to get into the money with this combo.

Double Trouble/Dan, below is proof. Wink

2BKING's certified Shytbox hoping to get painted this year, but racing seems to be the priority! Big Grin
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Sick! Congrats, man. Really impressive for a boosted car swapping feet. I see you have S/ST on the side too, do you do any class racing anymore or is that for something else?

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NimboNoRod,

We haven't swapped feet since the early 90's. Then started top bulb racing until about 2014. We have been bottom bulb/no-box on the transbrake ever since. I have considered going back to top bulb/box again; I'm probably a little better driver on the top.

I did run some S/ST when the car was N/A. I have also ran Super Comp with a truck. I'm glad I've been there & done it, but the Divisionals/Nationals is not my thing. Too much time doing nothing & seemed more like a social event than racing.

This past weekend the car was set-up to run 9.0s, a little quicker than what we like for the local brackets.

Nimbo: No Hot Rod, No Super Rod, No Quick Rod, but the one & lonely NimboNoRod.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Cool, was just curious. Saw it on the side of the car but never heard you talk about it in the few months of been patronizing the site. Transbrake off the bottom also helps make sense with the wheelie issue as I couldn't make a footswap boosted car make sense having that issue

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's a video of the finals this past Sun. We have the wheelies calmed down pretty good now. I have an issue with the car going slightly left when the wheels come down. Alignment issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_vbcT8I1s

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Atta boy!! Took out ol' CW in the final!

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 992 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
congrats on the win Brian, good job at a cool track!!!!!!

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildman:

Thanks, Wild!

I'm still hoping others will use this thread to escape from the normal keyboarding & do some racing. Somebody beat me to the next finish line. I'm heading for the track on Feb 16th.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Wildman:

Thanks, Wild!

I'm still hoping others will use this thread to escape from the normal keyboarding & do some racing. Somebody beat me to the next finish line. I'm heading for the track on Feb 16th.

2BKING
Relaxing

I think I'll come up there and race also Bryan.......OH wait....I don't have a race car anymore.. Shake head

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You better shyt one soon, I miss you buddy!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm working on one of my '40 Fords right now with the thought of making it a street/strip car. Actually, this one is a truck. Being a truck makes backhalf'n it a breeze. I'm thinking long ladder bars would be good for hooking up anywhere AND very streetable. Coil-overs w/ light springs with no real weight in the rear. Have a complete fab'b 9" rear end for it already. 4.10 gears but I plan on some really tall street tires on it so I can drive it some distance. And put shorter/normal slicks on at the track. I'm probably going to put at least a bolt in rollbar now. Better check to see whats required for a 10-11 (?) second car. I was going to put a blown small block in but I think an n/a motor (maybe a small/plate nos) would be more driveable.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Dave!

I have couple thoughts:

Small block needs to be 400"s minimum & use a ProCharger. You are going to need 600hp to go mid-10s, with a big/heavy truck. 600hp is not really street able N/A & I don't think you want the pain racing with nitrous.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We will be racing at GALOT Feb 23--25 it looks like. We don't do much prep as at this age, 83, we are just glad to be there. This is a better than average track.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Wink

Where rubber meets the track for two days, starting tomorrow. No time for BS'ing about new slicks, electric cooler/freezer or about Bob Tasca. It's all about Bracket Racing & getting it done; win or lose!

I was hoping others would be racing, sounds like Fern is close.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436