DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Time for Discussion, Debating, Keyboarding or Whatever on DRR. Talk about racing!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I'm working on one of my '40 Fords right now with the thought of making it a street/strip car. Actually, this one is a truck. Being a truck makes backhalf'n it a breeze. I'm thinking long ladder bars would be good for hooking up anywhere AND very streetable. Coil-overs w/ light springs with no real weight in the rear. Have a complete fab'b 9" rear end for it already. 4.10 gears but I plan on some really tall street tires on it so I can drive it some distance. And put shorter/normal slicks on at the track. I'm probably going to put at least a bolt in rollbar now. Better check to see whats required for a 10-11 (?) second car. I was going to put a blown small block in but I think an n/a motor (maybe a small/plate nos) would be more driveable.

I think the current requirement for a roll bar is still 11.35 / 7.35 and quicker to 10.00 / 6.40
8-point is what they really want, and it must attach to the frame, on a full frame vehicle. Bolt in is only accepted for uni-body vehicles.

With all that said, WHO knows what you'd be allowed at your local facilities, and they seem to be fine letting Teslas run 8.90's at 151+ with nothing but a helmet, Cadillacs, Corvettes, Challengers, SRT Durangos, etc. all run sub 10's nearly stock, with no roll bars..... Roll Eyes

Build what you want and let them throw you out when you find the line, I guess? Big Grin

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Testing on Fri. went pretty good except, the new tire woke up the wheelie monster again. Thought we had it calmed down, had to peddle on a couple runs during the 100' plus wheelies.

Today the 1st time run was another big wheelie. The second time run we got it calmed down for the rest of the day.

I made it down to six cars today & got into the money.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great job Brian! Happy to hear they work. Where’s the wheelie bars? Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4512 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
Atta boy!! Took out ol' CW in the final!

Had to run CW in the 3rd round this past weekend. I ended up with the round win. You have to be on your game when racing him, he's one tough competitor.

I screwed up in the 4th round & mistakenly gave my opponent the stripe by .0004 while backing into him. I wasn't too happy with myself!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be coming at you so soon. It's time for the rubber to meet the track again, no resting on my keyboard laurels here!

Today is getting the car out of the shop & into the trailer. Then get the truck hooked up & hit the road for the track (72 miles) late tomorrow morning.

TnT Fri. the plan is for a couple hits short of the 1/8 mile. Mainly to check the wheelie barometer, but also to check some spot drops for possible upcoming 1/8th mile racing.

Points races Sat. & Sun. the only plan here is to win rounds one at a time with no 1st round losses. With the main goal of winning the race(s), Duh!

Hope to update with some daily track news good or bad, hopefully not the later; if I find/make time.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wasn't planning on running for points, I might need to re-evaluate. Who knows I certainly don't. The plan was to start on the body work on the car & maybe run some sporadic races.

This was posted today.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Looking good. I say, the heck with body & paint for now. Keep going rounds/winning and try not to change things unless there's a breakdown. I'm not necessarily superstitious, but with my luck, as soon as I make it nice n pretty, I'd lose 1st round for the next dozen races. LOL...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nice start to the season!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would run for points if you can. Winning a Championship is harder than winning a race and more rewarding if you do. Go for it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4032 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words/encouragement guys. I've won championships before & my priorities are elsewhere with my racing. We'll see what does or doesn't happen.

Testing went good yesterday with the car, but my lights were shyt. Today is a new day with racing, We'll see how it goes!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Wasn't planning on running for points, I might need to re-evaluate. Who knows I certainly don't. The plan was to start on the body work on the car & maybe run some sporadic races.

This was posted today.

2BKING
Relaxing

Tough customers on that list!
Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4512 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1st round loss, along with a broken intake rocker arm. I had spares, it's fixed for tomorrow. Have to get with T&D Mon.to order a complete set.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sounds about right for racing. Win few bucks give it to someone else for parts to hopefully win a few more. Hey if win some to pay for the new stuff you are winning on both ends.

Looks like off to good start keep knocking them out.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
1st round loss, along with a broken intake rocker arm. I had spares, it's fixed for tomorrow. Have to get with T&D Mon.to order a complete set.

2BKING
Relaxing

It was a good weekend, I qualified #1 on both Sat. & Sun. with .002 & .001 lights.

Sat. provisional bye got me a race with a tough customer. Even though I broke around the 1000' mark, I had the reaction time advantage, but screwed up & took too much stripe. There was no way I could have got it fixed for 2nd round.

Today I ended up with the provisional 1st round bye & made it to the semi's (3 cars).

I'm really happy with the set-up on the car now & the driver is still doing very well. I had 2 screw ups; one was mentioned & the other was a red light -.010. today in the semi's.

I'm living on borrowed time with the rocker arms. When one breaks, others will follow. I have 1500+ runs on this rocker shaft set-up. Hopefully I can get a complete set ordered & delivered in a timely matter from T&D.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, most everything out of T&D is 10-12 weeks out

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

I had heard the same thing.

When I talked with my engine builder this weekend at the track about it. He stated the had got a set, in short order. Maybe it's engine specific.

Regardless, I'll order them. I still have a new spare intake/exhaust rocker arm & 1 used exhaust.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Nice to see a DRR faithful turning on win lights. Make sure to thank all the little people Mr. King

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Called T&D & the complete kit for my heads was 4-5 weeks out.

I ordered 6 sets to go with my 2 new spare sets & they're 3-4 weeks projected delivery.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
Nice to see a DRR faithful turning on win lights. Make sure to thank all the little people Mr. King

NimboNoRod,

My goal is no 1st round loses & Sat. loss didn't sit well. Especially when I had the reaction time advantage & I was a stripe hog.

As for the little people that's what I'm. I have learned from the nobody's, the little's, the in-betweener's, the Wanna-Be somebody's & the somebody's!

I've had great support from many different people over my 30+ years of racing. I'm very thankful/grateful to all!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was out there and on a roll in Sportsman and went to the semis on Saturday. I had found a charging issue on the car and ran a bit slow with the alternator on full charge and lost being .007 behind.
Sunday I felt great .004 first round, and .001 red round 2 Mad
I ran a team member that round and he ended up with the race win so it was a fun weekend with friends.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post