Tools

OLD White Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Got shower in and working, got the tool box and workbench in.
Going to try to do air conditioning in next few days.
Got a four post car lift for the shop.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You've been busy, thanks for posting up the progress; looking good!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Still have a lot to go, have to do a bunch of trim, mount some cabinets, paint those nasty looking brown ones. Make my fuel jug holders and do all of my tie downs and winch etc. The trim and jug holders may be very time consuming.

I do plan on taking a few days to set up my new four post car lift and clean shop. Main reason I bought the car lift is to store my cars on saving floor space. Then get back to work on trailer. Wow! I have made a huge mess working on the trailer and all these race cars. Going to try to pull everything out scrub floors and then start putting stuff back in and hopefully more in order.

Also doing some work on my Toter Home.

This old trailer is coming along and I am working on a tight budget on it, in this economy I did not want to put much money in this not knowing the future. At this point I am not putting any more money into racing operation than I can afford to throw away if it gets worse.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Like to see pictures when there is something to share. As bad as the political discourse is out there, I think the country is going to go on for 90% of life, just as it always has. Drag racing will continue a slow slide downward participation wise. People will continue to spend money on some things. And a goodseneck trailer will always pull nicely!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Like to see pictures when there is something to share. As bad as the political discourse is out there, I think the country is going to go on for 90% of life, just as it always has. Drag racing will continue a slow slide downward participation wise. People will continue to spend money on some things. And a goodseneck trailer will always pull nicely!

I think dragracing is coming up on a cliff and it will go downhill quickly. Has been on a slow decline for years. It is a direct result of higher gas prices and them trying to force new green deal up us. What I see is car counts dropping and it costs WAY more to race. As car counts drop so does payout. Car counts drop we start losing more tracks. That means you may have to travel further to race (Costing way more). Another thing it is more fun with more racers. Up until this year I have made money racing last 12 years. Becoming harder and harder to do. I do not race to make money but I sure do not want to throw away money. I guess if I wanted to I could buy anything I wanted to but I will not as economy is right now. I am going to ride that pony until it quits but I am not throwing much money at it.

Look at what is happening in California, gas is so high, car counts dropping, tracks closing, racers selling cars, trucks and trailers. There is still some racing there but it is not the same as it was just 4 years ago. I suspect that will be the same Nationwide in another 4 years.

Hope I am wrong but just same I choose to stay on a low budget here.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

I think dragracing is coming up on a cliff and it will go downhill quickly. Has been on a slow decline for years. It is a direct result of higher gas prices and them trying to force new green deal up us. What I see is car counts dropping and it costs WAY more to race. As car counts drop so does payout. Car counts drop we start losing more tracks. That means you may have to travel further to race (Costing way more). Another thing it is more fun with more racers. Up until this year I have made money racing last 12 years. Becoming harder and harder to do. I do not race to make money but I sure do not want to throw away money. I guess if I wanted to I could buy anything I wanted to but I will not as economy is right now. I am going to ride that pony until it quits but I am not throwing much money at it.

Look at what is happening in California, gas is so high, car counts dropping, tracks closing, racers selling cars, trucks and trailers. There is still some racing there but it is not the same as it was just 4 years ago. I suspect that will be the same Nationwide in another 4 years.

Hope I am wrong but just same I choose to stay on a low budget here.

Bingo Curly

I’d like to get out of here but moms here and kids/ grandkids…
Ca is no place to race. Sonoma Raceway has priced the NHRA Divisional out of reach! Premier Facility and we can’t have a double there. What’s wrong with that picture? Very limited bracket schedule.
Unfortunately Sacramento has closed. Thank you Dave Smith for all the years racing and memories there.
Yes we can travel to Bakersfield and I’m ok with that but the next close race is Pomona, then Phoenix , Vegas and Woodburn Oregon..
Cha ching!
Yes I’ve built a bracket motor but the travel doesn’t change.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We should start another good places for racers to live thread.
In the midwest, I'm not actually positioned poorly. I'm 50 minutes or so from Byron. 40 from Cordova. 1.5 hours from Tri State. Eddyville is more. Slipping over the river and living in Iowa could be even better really. Oh great lakes I think still races. Cordova keeps me busy enough right now that we don't really travel anymore.

I hear northern TN is pretty good for racing choices although I have not raced any there.

Sorry to hear that you are a non racer currently HP. As the announcer at the big bucks races around here says..."No Good"

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We should start another good places for racers to live thread.
In the midwest, I'm not actually positioned poorly. I'm 50 minutes or so from Byron. 40 from Cordova. 1.5 hours from Tri State. Eddyville is more. Slipping over the river and living in Iowa could be even better really. Cordova keeps me busy enough right now that we don't really travel anymore

I race all of this and more from late May to mid October. Early spring and late fall I’ve attended an East coast/ FL race. 2024 I’m hoping promoters will offer 2 -3 higher paying SE events in late Nov early Dec that follow consecutive weekends.

What’s the best location to do all of this ($5k and larger et events only) and more?

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I live in central NC. Not much interest in NHRA around here, BUT,
Piedmont 50
Rockingham 48
farmington 70
Galot 70
Kinston
710 70
Moresvillle
North East
Coastal Plains
Z Max
Sure I am missing a few and in that case we have nearby VA, SC, and TN tracks less than 200mi away. If you WANT to race you can every weekend. SFG has 3 weekends at Rockingham, Flings at Gallot and Loose Rocker at both Galot and Piedmont. It may be better elsewhere but its not bad here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was spoiled, lived One Mile from Atco. Purposely moved here in 2000.
Englishtown was about an hour.
Cecil around 1:45 but tolls.
Maple Grove would probably be 2 hours+ and tolls.

Anyway,back to the trailer. Looks good. It took me a while to figure out the layout.
I think walk into lounge with couch on the right, shower and cabinets/fridge in front of you and bed to the right on front on the goose.
Other pic is in the garage.

Did I win? Lol

You'll be money ahead doing yourself as the trailer is in decent shape. Not everyone needs Goldrush.
Best of luck with it.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I was spoiled, lived One Mile from Atco. Purposely moved here in 2000.
Englishtown was about an hour.
Cecil around 1:45 but tolls.
Maple Grove would probably be 2 hours+ and tolls.

Anyway,back to the trailer. Looks good. It took me a while to figure out the layout.
I think walk into lounge with couch on the right, shower and cabinets/fridge in front of you and bed to the right on front on the goose.
Other pic is in the garage.

Did I win? Lol

You'll be money ahead doing yourself as the trailer is in decent shape. Not everyone needs Goldrush.
Best of luck with it.

Yes that is only way I could lay it out and get results I wanted. I tried to make shop space as big as possible to make it easy to work in. I like to have lots of room there so I can work on car in there if needed and not have to worry about anything getting damaged. And make it easy to load.

For the living quarters I wanted it very small so less area to cool in the Texas heat. It is rather strange and unconventional but it will serve the purpose. It is turning out good for my needs.

As I move into the shop I will build a fuel jug rack 3 rows of 3 jugs stacked on top of each other to save floor space.

Will mount my 2 trailer spare tires up on wall out of way.

As mentioned earlier it is not that I could not afford a brand new top of line trailer it is just in this economy with future of racing looking like it is I refuse to spend much money on my racing program. Right now if bottom fell out I could lose my truck, trailer and race cars and survive just fine. I would be pissed but be okay. Years ago I would spend more money on racing than maybe I should have. (We all do / did) Now I will not spend a penny more than I can afford to throw away.

My hope on this thread is that some get the idea that they can make improvements on their trailer to make it work better for them.

Like the couch there. I bought it brand new from a guy who took it out of his RV. Did not pay much for it and it is perfect. It gives me a good couch and can fold out into a bed if needed. Got the idea from the other white trailer thread and found this one on Fakebook marketplace.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Knowing how heavy the 16" heavy duty tires are....how are you mounting your spares on the wall?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I live in central NC. Not much interest in NHRA around here, BUT,
Piedmont 50
Rockingham 48
farmington 70
Galot 70
Kinston
710 70
Moresvillle
North East
Coastal Plains
Z Max
Sure I am missing a few and in that case we have nearby VA, SC, and TN tracks less than 200mi away. If you WANT to race you can every weekend. SFG has 3 weekends at Rockingham, Flings at Gallot and Loose Rocker at both Galot and Piedmont. It may be better elsewhere but its not bad here.

That's really an impressive selection!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo