Tools

OLD White Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Two dragsters and a golf cart fill up a 44’ pretty well. No room left for real living quarters. One of the being a shorty would buy a good amount of room particularly if we hung the nose of one. But the two long cars fit fine.

Absolutely, just like a shop it will fill up fast. I do not like it too crowded but sometimes you have no other choice. Never thought I would have 6 cars, 2 gooseneck trailers and a truck and golfcart in my shop. It is temporary but wow it fills up fast.
My trailer I am setting up to carry one car and one golf cart and have room around the car to work on it if needed. Also enough room to run car up in there strap it down and go. When you start packing things in too tight it becomes a pain to load and unload. Doing best I can to set this up where it works good for me.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4217 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You ever take time for yourself?. I hope you do.
I use to be like you... Go... Go... Go. Age caught with me. I just got burned out.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
You ever take time for yourself?. I hope you do.
I use to be like you... Go... Go... Go. Age caught with me. I just got burned out.

Age and health can snuff the fire as well. It stinks when we can't rely on our good health daily or do things we love without constant pain.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have toyed with adding a shower and toilet room in my goose. Which would mean hanging the front of one car to get it moved toward the rear. A longer trailer would work much better for it. But there are drawbacks to that as well. Hard to find examples online of bathrooms with just the toilet and shower in the room. Sink for hand washing could be outside the room.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Is that a Chaparral trailer.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I have toyed with adding a shower and toilet room in my goose. Which would mean hanging the front of one car to get it moved toward the rear. A longer trailer would work much better for it. But there are drawbacks to that as well. Hard to find examples online of bathrooms with just the toilet and shower in the room. Sink for hand washing could be outside the room.

Look into a Marine toilet. takes very little space as you sit on the toilet to shower..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3338 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Here is an article to DIY one.. Wet Bath

I bought my Haulmark back in 2004 I ordered it with a lounge and it came with a Marine bathroom. I researching it I decided that I didn't like the idea as it is small. So I had them delete it and add a closet and built my own.
Mine is much larger.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3338 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Can't help myself.

Here is a link to a Milltrailer floor plan showing a wet bath for an idea. Link.

Dave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well, it seems I am working harder since I retired than ever before. But I enjoy it. Nothing unusual there I think most everyone here works hard to support our families and hobby. And to be good at racing you have to work hard at it and maybe sometimes a little luck to.
My white trailer is not a Chaparral, I think mine is a Trailers LTD? The black one Dan has is a Chaparral and his looks like new. Mine needs a lot of work. Lol. I am not building mine for a show trailer it will never be that nice but it will be a good working trailer.

Thanks for the ideas on the bathroom etc. This trailer is going to take a lot of work. After I finish the living quarters part then I will have to strip and reseal roof, cabinets in shop, winch, tie downs etc.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4217 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
Can't help myself.

Here is a link to a Milltrailer floor plan showing a wet bath for an idea. Link.

Dave

Great stuff thank you. I can't do the toilet in the shower. Wife can't stand it and I'm 6'3 plus and no longer slim. I'd be like Chris Farley in one of those...tommy boy.

Water heaters are a space sucker too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have toyed with adding a shower and toilet room in my goose.

How Much room you dealing with ?? We recently built a LQ for ourselves and added a large 36x36 shower, separate rv crapper, 50 gl fresh water tank and sink/vanity with hot water heater mounted underneath. Separated it from the sleeping area with a wall/pocket door. Only took 38" of width.
It's a little tight with the door shut but not bad at all, perfect for what we need.

I'll try and snap some pics later

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Curly1:
Well, it seems I am working harder since I retired than ever before. But I enjoy it. Nothing unusual there I think most everyone here works hard to support our families and hobby. And to be good at racing you have to work hard at it and maybe sometimes a little luck to.
My white trailer is not a Chaparral, I think mine is a Trailers LTD? The black one Dan has is a Chaparral and his looks like new. Mine needs a lot of work. Lol. I am not building mine for a show trailer it will never be that nice but it will be a good working trailer.

Thanks for the ideas on the bathroom etc. This trailer is going to take a lot of work. After I finish the living quarters part then I will have to strip and reseal roof, cabinets in shop, winch, tie downs etc.[/QUOT

Quote;

“ Well, it seems I am working harder since I retired than ever before”
That’s an understatement! We do work harder and for less money!
Lmao!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4618 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Saw this today online. Looks like a nice setup. If I was going through the process, I'd add a bathroom w a shower.

Scroll down to the second trailer in the article.
https://www.dragzine.com/news/...ew-vintage-trailers/

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Saw this today online. Looks like a nice setup. If I was going through the process, I'd add a bathroom w a shower.

That was similar to what I was looking at. Now everything has changed with the economy and future of racing. Also I wanted a nice place to sleep and I like how the gooseneck trailer pulls. So that is how I ended up with this old trailer.

But that bathroom package trailer above really is nice for sure.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

How Much room you dealing with ?? We recently built a LQ for ourselves and added a large 36x36 shower, separate rv crapper, 50 gl fresh water tank and sink/vanity with hot water heater mounted underneath. Separated it from the sleeping area with a wall/pocket door. Only took 38" of width.
It's a little tight with the door shut but not bad at all, perfect for what we need.

I would like to see pictures to.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:

Thanks for posting my trailer, the second one! I even bought it from the same place in 2022, Flying A Motorsports.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

That’s what I’m talking about!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Not easy getting pics of such a small area LOL

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
We mounted a 15g black and a 30g grey tank underneath with standard rv pump out valves. Hot water heater tucked under the vanity and water pump and pressure pod hidden under the garbage can. From what we see now no real need for a 50g fresh water tank for what we do, we only use 5-7g per shower.
It's far from a toter or motorhome, but it gets the job done just fine for a few days at the track .
We built a lower bed with storage underneath, so it sleeps 3.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Curly & HS,

Wish I had the patience & willingness to do what you guys did or are doing with your trailers; Thanks for sharing!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post