New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLD White Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
First new trailer i ever bought was a 2004 34' bumper pull living quarters trailer from Millenium it had the XE living quarters package with the wet bath lay out. That was the coolest bathroom i've ever had in a trailer/motorhome. Takes up as little space as possible yet still fully functional shower, toilet, and sink. David Covey posted a link to the lay out from Millenium Trailers above. I loved it. Sold it cause I only had 22' of box and went dragster racing with an older motor home.

Posts: 430 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
First new trailer i ever bought was a 2004 34' bumper pull living quarters trailer from Millenium it had the XE living quarters package with the wet bath lay out. That was the coolest bathroom i've ever had in a trailer/motorhome. Takes up as little space as possible yet still fully functional shower, toilet, and sink. David Covey posted a link to the lay out from Millenium Trailers above. I loved it. Sold it cause I only had 22' of box and went dragster racing with an older motor home.

Is that the one with the toilet in the shower?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6449 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

The shower kit is ordered, custom cabinet for refrigerator is almost finished, floor is in. The cabinet will be painted white and for now the floor will be painted grey. I may come back later and do some other type floor covering. Today I ran most of the 12 volt and 120 AC wiring.
Still not sure what type water heater I am going to use. Right now leaning toward the small propane instant water heater and if I do that will cut a place in exterior wall and set it up so there is no spark or flames inside or near shop space.
I will be building a cabinet right beside the refridge cabinet.
Next week I start doing the air conditioning.

Thank you for all the kind words and support and private messages.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4244 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nice work Curly.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6449 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

Yes, toilet in the shower. S***, Shower, and Shave all in the same spot. It had a square area about 2.5'x2' in front of the toilet where you could shower so it wasn't bad at all. I liked it because I find most motorhomes and trailers that have separate toilet and shower seem to take up too much space for about the same end result when showering.

Using the bathroom was fine and had as much floor space as most motorhomes i've been in. Mine actually had a sink in it, so you could use that. One thing I would add is a cabinet inside the shower/bathroom area. It would need to be a dry cabinet so as to not get everything in it soaking wet when utilizing as a shower.

Posts: 430 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Bucky,

Yes, toilet in the shower. S***, Shower, and Shave all in the same spot. It had a square area about 2.5'x2' in front of the toilet where you could shower so it wasn't bad at all. I liked it because I find most motorhomes and trailers that have separate toilet and shower seem to take up too much space for about the same end result when showering.

Using the bathroom was fine and had as much floor space as most motorhomes i've been in. Mine actually had a sink in it, so you could use that. One thing I would add is a cabinet inside the shower/bathroom area. It would need to be a dry cabinet so as to not get everything in it soaking wet when utilizing as a shower.

I don't know that I would like the combo, and I know my wife wouldn't. But no sink needed in the bathroom if I have a sink outside the bathroom to wash hands.
I think I could actually manage that room in a 44' goose with two dragsters and a golfcart if one car is hung in the front. Now if one is a shorty it makes it easier.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It all comes down to choices as to what you want most. Sure I would like a full bathroom package and kitchen but that all takes space and I want as much space in the shop portion as possible. As much as I would like a full toilet and bathroom that takes a lot of floor space. And I do not want black tank to deal with or the cassette type toilets that you have to dispose of the stuff in bags. So small shower and honey bucket for those emergencies. Hope I do not regret that decision. Mini Fridge built in a cabinet and small work space / cabinet then the shower.

With the floor plan I have will be able to get about 30 feet of shop space.

That is why I am doing this so I can have a floor plan that works best for me. My GF does not care she never goes and does not care about racing.
I am building this trailer 1. Mainly for hauling my race car, golf cart etc. 2. So I can get a quick shower and sleep then drive home in the morning instead of trying to drive all night home. I am not really building this as a "Living Quarters" type trailer.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4244 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
An an old white truck to pull with. Has been swapped with Cummins 5.9 and stepped up a lot.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

Have not got much done on trailer been working on 2 racecars.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
nice progress!
Truck seems cool too

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The generator on the back of the toterhome just needed cleaning carb and it works good now. So I will set up a shore line and power to trailer the same and use on generator on the road. Will probably run generator exhaust into one of the stacks on truck and that gets all Carbon Monoxide further away and may make it quieter and cooler to. Toter has a few minor leaks and a parasitic electrical issue to resolve. I am going to go through the brakes. Also on the inside it is really nice but the cabinets and everything is black. When I get time I may redo them in a light Grey or White to brighten it up some.
Changing out motors and data loggers in both the Altereds and need to do some testing on them.
Just lots of little things to do on this and off season is already getting short on time.
We got a engine run in stand, I will have to do a fuel cell for it, wire ignition box, fuel pump, waterpump, fans etc to complete it.
Will try to get my 67 Bracket Camaro going again and my pro street 66 Chevy 11, one trailer finished out, get one truck cleaned up and sold and my toter finished out and ready to roll.
So in the off season I probably have several hundred hours of work to do before it is all done.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Looking great!!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4629 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a lot of your plate!
Have fun and good luck

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The generator issue seems to be resolved. On the toter I bought it had a 3500 Predator that did not work. Who ever had it before took carb off and cleaned the carb. When they bolted it back on they got the wires pinched between carb and intake. Cut them out and spliced new wires in there and it works great. I still going to make some improvements, going to run an exhaust pipe out of the generator box and into one of the stacks for truck under the floor. Going to raise the generator up a few inches and work on fuel system. Has a small fuel pump with a return line back to tank and very large gas tank in there, maybe 20 gallons? With this setup I can run both the truck and trailer off one generator and run it for a very long time. also has a built in 12 volt fan to draw heat out of the generator box.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
What a great job looks marvelous!

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 426 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's a sweetheart. Room to sleep?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
That's a neat old truck. It's going to be a nice race rig with the trailer when your done

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 298 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
That's a sweetheart. Room to sleep?

The table drops down to about a queen size bed. I will probably never use it for sleeping though. I will probably sleep in the trailer. The trailer will have mini split Ac and those are quieter and more comfortable in the trailer.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"