Tools

OLD White Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Knowing how heavy the 16" heavy duty tires are....how are you mounting your spares on the wall?

There was already some d rings mounted on the wall by rear door so I used them for my spares. Keep it simple, not real pretty but it works and hopefully will not have to use spares much......
20240625-142921

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4224 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What a great setup Curly! I’ve been shopping for a used lq trailer. But 30’ garages are hard to come by. The market still feels pretty strong too. I think that will change in coming months

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
What a great setup Curly! I’ve been shopping for a used lq trailer. But 30’ garages are hard to come by. The market still feels pretty strong too. I think that will change in coming months

ABSOLUTELY! I think very soon there is going to be a bunch of cars and trailers for sale at good prices.

I decided to do mine myself because I was not looking for a full living quarters type trailer. I did not want full bathroom and full kitchen. So I decided to build mine rather minimalist with just what I wanted in there. And I was able to rip everything out and insulate it very good. I suspect most of ones you buy do not have much for insulation?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4224 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Like your update of the Old White Trailer!

I didn't have the motivation, patience, nor the talent to take on a project like that. As most know, I bought new with cash of course; the trailer package I wanted.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2725 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As always Curly, nice work!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4620 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I know it is not a show trailer and not trying to impress anyone. Just wanted to build it like I want to fit my needs.

Also in this economy and with the future of bracket racing looking bad I just did not want to put more money than I can afford to throw away into anything.

I think many do not want to admit it but what we do may be completely different in just a few years. If we can race at all. So that played a part in my decisions on this old trailer.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"