DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires!

I'm not anti vaccine but some drivers are already on their third set of snow tires...

Israel begins administering 4th vaccine dose

The country, which led a world beating vaccination program in 2020, is currently experiencing a new wave of infections fueled by the transmissible omicron variant.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...ron-surges-rcna10515

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires!

So you are saying that people in Honolulu or Miami should be getting Winter tires?
I bet they are hard to find.

Very appropriate response. And that is exactly what is missing from the equation that so many are push push pushing. The individual. What if the individual recently had covid? It is proven science that the protection afforded them by previous infection is not matched by any vaccine. Why should they vaccinate? It's proven that children and young adults are particularly free of risk if they are otherwise healthy. Why should they jab?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Love that Canted. If Biden would actually listen to the experts he would say we don't need masks but that's not his narrative.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Biden isn't aware of his "narrative" he has to be informed of it each day then they start on the Children's crossword puzzles training to toughen his mindset. Then he can have an actual press conference someday without calling the names that he has the questions and answers for in front of him. Heaven forbid he had to have an answer for a random question. Sad what we are watching throughout or Government these days.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hear anything regarding test kits being contaminated positive?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo...et=a.240643484383965

Something posted on my doctor's facebook page. Don't flame me. I didn't publish anything.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't flame me.

Smile I'm not, That is a PROJECTION (effectively a computer game based on data and parameters defined) thru Dec. 1, 21. An actual overlay would tell the story wouldn't it?

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And tell the same Story?
So the spike in cases means more folks were tested?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
News just in. Testing kits will be distributed on the 12th of NEVER.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Don't flame me.

Smile I'm not, That is a PROJECTION (effectively a computer game based on data and parameters defined) thru Dec. 1, 21. An actual overlay would tell the story wouldn't it?

I do wonder what model they used to come to that conclusion as well. But there were a lot of covid deaths in 21....more than in 20. And most of the elderly are vaxed. how much worse would it have been if the most vulnerable had virtually no protection? i dunno.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Everyday it gets worse and worse...
Mixed messages from this one and that one. Politicians making endless statements and promises
Health organizations spewing different recommendations and changes routinely
Do this if that but don't do that if this
This test works, but the other test is unreliable
Vet Vaccinated, get boosted, maybe more boosters
Wear a mask, don't wear a mask
Quarantine for 5 days, no 10 days
Omicron spreading like wild fire in spite of nearly 2 years of various measures to slow it

Pills on the way to treat you if you get it but has to be in the early stages

It ain't stopping no matter who says what or who does what....and it will mutate again I expect

A real good local to me area racer and friend just died from Covid Pneumonia and was 59 years old.....Second one I know personally

It's a h-e-l-l of a thing going on and we don't have it even remotely handled...

Hospitals local to me shut down some programs because of Covid. One I am in and hopefully it's temporary

I read they are turning some patients away because of fear of Covid outbreaks but I don't know if that is true...

NJ State Govt' so bad and behind 7-8 weeks to get any kind of response......I'm sure they s-u-c-k-ed before just because it's NJ

And it's only January ! LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who died Rich

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was just announced today that they discovered a new strain in France, its called IHU. This will never end! Probably in the summer another strain be will found called the Mid-Term strain.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Who died Rich

Bill Phillips
A guy who started racing only a few years ago
Raced the Mid Atlantic .90 races in S/ST and stepped it up a lot sponsoring the series and had 3 cars running on his team. Had a new S&W built S/G Corvette

Also helped another friend with sponsor money who runs TAD

I did generator work for him and he bought a new machine a while back

A very successful business owner from south Jerdey/Pa.

A real popular guy and life of the party at night.

A Damn shame ....59 years old. RIP Bill

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
didn't know him, way to young to go.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyday it gets worse and worse...
Mixed messages from this one and that one. Politicians making endless statements and promises
Health organizations spewing different recommendations and changes routinely
Do this if that but don't do that if this
This test works, but the other test is unreliable
Vet Vaccinated, get boosted, maybe more boosters
Wear a mask, don't wear a mask
Quarantine for 5 days, no 10 days
Omicron spreading like wild fire in spite of nearly 2 years of various measures to slow it

My entire family just got it after our Christmas get together Roll Eyes We are all unvaccinated and have relatively mild symptoms. We returned to virtual learning this week at school due to staff shortages with many positive cases and 98% of our staff IS vaccinated.
It is what it is and the rules are constantly changing .............

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I was vaccinated more than 6 months ago.
Never sick.
Most of the men I worked with up until last November visited hundreds of places during the year.
Nobody was ever sick but a few tested positive and had to quarantine

1 co worker was positive and his family all had it but was very mild

My son was never vaccinated.
Has made a number of trips around the country for work.
California, Denver, St. Louis, Detroit, Salt Lake City
Just some I can think of. Airline travel and drove to some others closer to home
Never got sick, thankfully.

If you get sick and it’s mild whether vaccinated or not count your blessings

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's face it we're dealing with Mother Nature in the form of a virus. The nature of virus's is well know and I don't see how the variances can be viewed as anything less than normal. The rush to get some form of vaccine to market is likely influenced, to some degree, by their lack luster performance. While I know it will fall on deaf ears, the bureaucratic performance on Covid will look like child's play compared to climate change. Ignorance and arrogance abound.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Are ya sitting down?
Here’s the new one, Flurona!
They are having a field day!

Raceless in California!