DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Haley:
I don't know if cheating happens or doesn't happen. I'm not at these huge races to see for myself because I don't have the budget for it.

That being said, it makes sense for "the same guys" to win these races because those are the guys racing 3,4,5 nights a week anywhere from 30-40 weekends a year. Seat time is something that's hard to beat, especially in a car that has the best of the best equipment and technology.

Yes! Exactly this. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
If my wife's new car can adjust headlight brightness by detecting light in front of the car I guess anything would be possible.

That's been on Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles since the early-mid 50's, now it's hidden in the rear view mirror.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Cmar:
its funny , in the 70s it was a known fact that ET wise 4 speeds were more consistent .

True story. They're still consistent, watch the Pro Stock field.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have been using "Old Age and Treachery" lately...average results but I can still get to the finals once in a while LOL....
I hope they finally come up with a way to detect cheating, if any is going on....or,,, have NO RULES, just see who does better, I will almost guarantee there will be no difference who you see in the last 8 cars, it is not about cheating, it is ABOUT being relaxed and consistent...get over cheating, it ain't happening.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Haley:
I don't know if cheating happens or doesn't happen. I'm not at these huge races to see for myself because I don't have the budget for it.

That being said, it makes sense for "the same guys" to win these races because those are the guys racing 3,4,5 nights a week anywhere from 30-40 weekends a year. Seat time is something that's hard to beat, especially in a car that has the best of the best equipment and technology.

Yes! Exactly this. Take care. Tom Worthington

No doubt this is true, however ever since the DD at Norwalk I believe if given the tools some people WILL cheat and there are more reasons than ever. I do agree there are some incredibly hard working racers winning. I am more intrigued when I hear about a .300 light from a good racer however I have not seen this myself so I don't know.

I'm in the I bet something is out there corner. What, who and how is the question.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I have been using "Old Age and Treachery" lately...average results but I can still get to the finals once in a while LOL....
I hope they finally come up with a way to detect cheating, if any is going on....or,,, have NO RULES, just see who does better, I will almost guarantee there will be no difference who you see in the last 8 cars, it is not about cheating, it is ABOUT being relaxed and consistent...get over cheating, it ain't happening.

Jok

^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
By the way....this was the same "new hot topic" that caused me to create a log in on this site back in 1997 or early 1998??
Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Mr.Boucher luv you wagon. We raced at Clay City I was in the black split window. I let go followed the tree down with my eyes,paid attention to the way I left, then paid attention to where you were.You must of carried the front wheels till almost 250 foot. I had full view as I do not remember the spot maybe 1.5 I was thinking like that is bad ass.Yes it would be interesting with a clutch and a air shifted Liberty trans.

Slickster, sounds cool wasnt me though. Last time I had a wagon on two wheels i was in a radial flyer...

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'll just leave this right here.

Still waiting to hear what the significance of this ET slip is? Confused

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm curious what ever happen to all the progress that was happening with this. Heard a lot of stories from a race up in Ohio last weekend.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ZERO PROGRESS…

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I guess this thread was started to possibly smoke out some info from someone in the know.
At a local tracks big bucks race and the buzz went around the pits they were going to tech at the semis. It's like the TSA, nothing but theater but it creates a buzz like this thread.

Posts: 1465 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nothing will ever happen or change. Your choices are 3….

Quit
Shut up and race
Cheat

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
A lot of progress and data was recorded during the World Super Pro Challenge in Mid Michigan this past month by Complulink.

I'd expect the program and hardware to be widely available with the latest Compulink computer upgrades over the winter.

Believe it or not, most track operators and promoters do care, they just don't know how to police it.

Track Owners and Operators can contact Bob at Complulink for more info. Oh ya... Accutime is also in the loop.

SL...

christmas tree

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Autonomous cars can drive themselves and stop at stop lights and go on green lights, seems like it would be easy to adapt that to reading a tree... since they already do.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The way I see it if someone is cheating on the tree they can't just set it to be perfect every time or they will easily get caught.

That means they have to vary the reaction time within a reasonable amount.. I would think at least between perfect and 12 or so.

Last time out I was 006 on the tree ran dead on and lost. So depending on their setting they could be beaten too.

Obviously the cheater always would have the advantage of knowing what their light was, but they could still be beaten. I just prefer not to worry about it, because most of my joy comes from working on my own stuff, seeing it perform as planned, and driving well (the driving well is only sometimes).

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Being we have LED lights now. Just have a different color top light every round, or a random color light for each pair. The camera HAS to know the color of the light to identify it. A person only needs to know if a light turns on.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure LED bulbs give off some sort of Radio Frequency that can be recognized.

Whatever the case may be, if someone has figured out how to cheat; I would almost guarantee they hid whatever it is in a go-pro and uses Bluetooth.

Also, can't be that hard to program a delay box that has the capability of shifting on Time or RPM to say if Car isn't at X rpm by 2 seconds then spray nitrous or increase timing until it gets to X acceleration rate per second.

A good programmer could easily make this happen with a Grid

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
18 pages of accusations, speculation and theories. Still no proof of anything.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nowadays,just about anyone can cut a competitive reaction time with ease.

I wonder about the guys that consistently seem to take the stripe by .002-.003 every time.

I'll never have those skills.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post