DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Im in the minority, but i agree with compulink NOT explaining how the system works. If you aint cheating, it dont matter how it works....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Im in the minority, but i agree with compulink NOT explaining how the system works. If you aint cheating, it dont matter how it works....

I also don't care to know the technical details, just what evidence and investigations were used to create this counter measure.
There is either real evidence of this happening, or it's a feelgood remedy to speculation and rumors that hurt attendance at these races.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I am all for naming names, just dont feel like we need an explanation of how it works, so that people cant figure out how to cheat the system again.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
Racers should know exactly how the system works that they rely on.

If racers didn't know how stage lock worked, they wouldn't have known it was sometimes screwing them.

Posts: 28 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Unless...someone actually did get caught red handed, and everyone involved thought it best to just keep it quiet.

There's your answer, right there. The folks who lost to the cheater(s) would demand refunds.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Unless...someone actually did get caught red handed, and everyone involved thought it best to just keep it quiet.

There's your answer, right there. The folks who lost to the cheater(s) would demand refunds.

Certainly would create and awkward situation (Moroso) at the event, but in my opinion, the proper remedy would be to expose the cheater, and divide whatever the cheater had coming between the racers they had eliminated.
Just my opinion.

Unless.....?

Edit: Oh yeah, also provide security for the cheater to exit the grounds, but no further.

Edit # 2: Oh yeah, under sanctioning body rules, the cheater's entire operation on the grounds can be seized, auctioned, and the proceeds added to the next race purse, or paid to documented victims of the cheating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Goob,

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMax4040:
Racers should know exactly how the system works that they rely on.

If racers didn't know how stage lock worked, they wouldn't have known it was sometimes screwing them.

You would be shocked to know the number of veteran racers who have no clue how the systems work, or how to read the data the time slip provides.
It's staggering, and it's simply the result of being too proud to ask the questions, for fear of feeling dumb.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'll just leave this right here.

Okay, so back to this ^^^^^^^^^^^

Was this time slip from a covert test of the new system, and used to manipulate a suspect car???

I'm not gonna drop this bone, you can call or PM me if you want. Big Grin

goob- 91,500 hits about just another cheatin' box

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You guys don’t get it, the promoters don’t care, it’s not their problem it’s yours to prove someone is cheating and there’s all kinds of cheating/rules being broken stating with the lack of required safety equipment, competition licenses, arc modules and drugs. No one cares at these big $ races starting with those competing.

This is the state of our sport and tree readers might be the least of the issues so you either turn a blind eye to what’s going on or don’t compete at these events.

The bigger issue is this is the state of our country, lawlessness, defund the police, catch and release criminals, bail reform, closing jails/prisons. Laws, rules, morality is for fools, church goers and the elderly!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You guys don’t get it, the promoters don’t care, it’s not their problem it’s yours to prove someone is cheating and there’s all kinds of cheating/rules being broken stating with the lack of required safety equipment, competition licenses, arc modules and drugs. No one cares at these big $ races starting with those competing.

This is the state of our sport and tree readers might be the least of the issues so you either turn a blind eye to what’s going on or don’t compete at these events.

The bigger issue is this is the state of our country, lawlessness, defund the police, catch and release criminals, bail reform, closing jails/prisons. Laws, rules, morality is for fools, church goers and the elderly!

I gotta agree with Ed here. Promoters only care about the Money being paid when the tech card/cards are handed to the drivers. If they ever caught someone cheating, they'd be scared to death to announce it, because it would be the death of big money bracket racing overnight, and put them out of CASH business.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
The OP is at least trying - no need to bash him for it.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
The OP is at least trying - no need to bash him for it.

No bashing of SL here.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:The bigger issue is this is the state of our country, lawlessness, defund the police, catch and release criminals, bail reform, closing jails/prisons. Laws, rules, morality is for fools, church goers and the elderly!

AGREED Ed…. this IS the problem that needs to be addressed if there is going to be something to save that resembles what once was.

I’m not worried, nor do I care about accusations of racers cheating until someone can physically prove it, and I don’t believe that someone exists at any of these events today.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I find it shocking at how many people either don't car or don't believe that there could be cheaters out there on the drag strip. There were $Billions$ of covid relief money stolen from hard working honest taxpayers. I think the same people that don't care about cheating at the track would be the same thief's that would steal our hard-earned money. I'm glad that someone is trying to police it. PERIOD!

Maybe it's because I'm a moral, old Church going type person.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
What a conversation! Haven't seen any bashing yet, just questions which are all good. Just not my position to answer. Besides I think most are self explained.

I'm just proud some people found confidence in me to help facilitate some of this. Pretty amazing the smarts that we have in our little circle.

Goob, you'll be happy to know the time slip was from a run of a very prominent racer that was under scrutiny at a very high profile race in an elimination round on a very windy day. But hey, anyone can be .576 on the tree. Maybe it's something, maybe it's not.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Goob, you'll be happy to know the time slip was from a run of a very prominent racer that was under scrutiny at a very high profile race in an elimination round on a very windy day. But hey, anyone can be .576 on the tree. Maybe it's something, maybe it's not.

And still be conscious? Eek Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

My tree reader malfunctioned once in practice last night due to the flashing lights on the fancy cornhole boards leaned up against the wall right next to me. I moved them away from the area of play, and it only glitched two more times during the Bottom Bulb shootout. Another great night at the 10th Annual Practice Tree Hootenanny!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
But hey, anyone can be .576 on the tree. Maybe it's something, maybe it's not.

I'm not a prominent racer, but at my last 1st round I ran in 2022, I was -.3xx on the tree, because I forgot to enter a cross over dial in.
Anything can happen.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

And there it is folks.

We now have a system that's a secret to prevent a system that is unknown being used by people that are unknown. This is Star Wars from the 80's. I hope they at least put it in a black box.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
But hey, anyone can be .576 on the tree.

I was at a big money race at Atco raceway, paired up with Severn Johnson. I'm leaving first and never see the top bulb flash. I let go on the second bulb flash, the car leaves, we are both dead late. Coming up the return road, i see the starter screwing in a new bulb on my side of the tree.

I am far from elite and if you saw my lights, well, I'd wouldn't be under any scrutiny, lol.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post