DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

Goob, you'll be happy to know the time slip was from a run of a very prominent racer that was under scrutiny at a very high profile race in an elimination round on a very windy day. But hey, anyone can be .576 on the tree. Maybe it's something, maybe it's not.

Okay, so seeing that this was 1st round, I'll assume the suspect racer bought back.
How did the rest of the event go for the racer?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
RIP Frank Aragona, a Cajun poker run, and tree scrambling Podcast…… The Defender system is discussed starting at 23:10.

https://thisisbracketracing.com/podcast

Posts: 2466 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I hear there is a lively Facebook discussion with video from a recent OG Million on the topic of tree readers.

I'm not friends with the prominent big-money racer who posted the video so I can't see it, but I've seen a fuzzy version of the video and a couple screen shots of comments.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
https://dragstory.com/forum/in...hp/topic,5385.0.html

If that's a tree reader, you're better off hiring a footbraker to drive for you.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:

If that's a tree reader, you're better off hiring a footbraker to drive for you.

Agreed

Are we talking about Kevin Brannon here? His lights were crap until the last few rounds???

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow. Great Detective work! The .576 was bad, but the rest were all over the place!

I might be able to footbrake an string those lights together. Big Grin Probably not!

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
Wow. Great Detective work! The .576 was bad, but the rest were all over the place!

Back up and study the previous day, too.

quote:
I might be able to footbrake an string those lights together. Big Grin Probably not!

Footbrake tree readers inherently glitch once per day.

__

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
First, anyone thinking it does not exist and nobody using is just wearing rose-colored glass' over their blind eyes. Too much money and way too much technology nowadays.

Next. Anybody using one and making perfect or almost perfect hits every run never played pool and do not know shyt about hustling.

I am way too low tech to tell you how or what would be needed, much less what to look for. It would seem easier to hide than a illegal nitrous setup.There are hundreds of stories on how nitrous has been used in class that it was not legal to use. I would bet no difference here in 10 years.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:

Back up and study the previous day, too.

quote:

Footbrake tree readers inherently glitch once per day.

This thread isn't about your footbraking skills, Michael.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread isn't about your footbraking skills, Michael.

No, it's not. It's about a device that presumably manufactures results that would be AT LEAST marginally above average, as well as repeatable.

__

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Does the blue car have a tree reader?

It wasn't the only time the passenger side marker light flickered as the tree dropped either. You can go back and look through the rounds.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Holy cow ! Holy town I wonder how that can be explained? I can already hear it “ that was a loose connection” this will go on as long as the world turns!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Round 6 Bye

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

Rounds 6-9 same blue mustang

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. Loose connection that happens to happen most rounds, at the exact time the green light comes on.

Except that is not what's happening, at all. Quite the opposite. The parking light bulb doesn't go out "at the exact time the green light comes on", it goes out before the tree even fires, when he sets the transbrake.

He had an .025 spread that day, the worst of anyone in the quarterfinals.

__

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep. Loose connection that happens to happen most rounds, at the exact time the green light comes on.

Except that is not what's happening, at all. Quite the opposite. The parking light bulb doesn't go out "at the exact time the green light comes on", it goes out before the tree even fires, when he sets the transbrake.

I clicked the wrong button when editing and deleted the previous post. Why does the passenger side marker light go out when the stage bulb comes on?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You need to look before staging, watch the burnout! Wink It's tied into his throttle position, probably using a TPS.

2BKING cheaters are going to have fudge their cheating somehow, be it the spread or losing the race at a decent split. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I clicked the wrong button when editing and deleted the previous post. Why does the passenger side marker light go out when the stage bulb comes on?

Poor wiring, backfeeding from the transbrake and/or brakelight switch.

Maybe you should start with those questions instead of publicly dragging someone through the mud with some of the most serious accusations of cheating in our sport's history.

"I'm cheating, so I'm going to hook up my parking light bulb to my tree reader to give people a clue so they can trace it back!" LMAO!

__

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you'll notice, I've only asked questions about the clips. I have not made accusations of cheating.

What I have posted is not any different than the holding penalty conversation in the super bowl