DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Today’s democrats
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today’s democrats
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Senate rejects GOP measure to build oil pipeline

Obama personally lobbied wavering Democrats to block passage of the amendment.

"He made some calls," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters before the vote. "The president believes that it is wrong to play politics with a pipeline project whose (exact) route has yet to be proposed."

Democratic opposition to the Republican measure was complicated by reports last week that former President Bill Clinton came out in favor of building the pipeline.

personally lobbying

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The slut fluke had best not go to new fallujah (formerly Detroit) and complain about the cost of contraception!
In this FLEEBAGGER operated ghetto a guy was whining about the cost of rubbers at a BP station and wanted his money back. A clerk came out of the back room and shot him, he died later at the hospital!
Without a doubt this was an arab run enterprise so the clerk will be exonerated by the "dyckhead" regime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Seems like an appropriate place for this...

I just said it was appropriate.. Not all inclusive..
Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The FLEEBAGGER ditz that resides in the North Carolina Governor's mansion vetoed a bill to drill for natural gas not all that long ago, she still had visions of being re-elected then.
Now that she's thrown in the towel of serving another term and doesn't have to kowtow to the whack job FLEEBAGGER electorate she has suddenly had a change of heart and discovered that drilling for natural gas creates GOOD jobs and supplies domestically produced energy for Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simply more proof that what's good for FLEEBAGGERS is bad for AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD:
More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott
"uva uvam viveno varia fit"

White House, Democrats at odds over Obama-backed pro-business bill

White House allies are in an uproar over pro-business legislation embraced by President Obama, exposing a new rift in his relations with Democratic lawmakers and supporters amid his efforts since the fall to mend those ties.

Jobs Act:

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Democratic Bashe Stay At Home Mom.

The rhetorical war over women between President Obama and Mitt Romney escalated Wednesday night as Romney’s wife Ann launched a Twitter account to personally respond to a Democratic pundit who had dismissed her knowledge about the economy by saying she “never worked a day in her life.”

Ann Romney rejects Democratic pundit’s claim that she ‘never worked a day in her life’

The bulk of the Bush tax cuts are now a bipartisan affair.

To put it differently, Democrats have, for the most part, admitted that Bush was right, and the Clinton-era tax rates were too high on most Americans. For all that Democrats talk about returning to the Clinton-era tax rates, they only ever mean for the top two percent of taxpayers -- the folks who are now in the 35% bracket, but whom they would like to see in a 39.6% bracket.

Democrats are now closer to Bush

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The "dyckhead obama bin lyin'" campaign is already eating it'e own!
They send the poor single mother lesbian on the communist news network last night to lambaste Ann Romney and now that the smear backfired they are throwing her under the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the lesbian ditz is claiming there is no such thing as a claim the REPUBLICANS have a war on women when FLEEBAGGERS of all stripes are claiming there is on their web sites and in their mailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD:
More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott

Dem Chairwoman Accuses Romney, GOP of Waging 'War On Women'
Flashback:

Obama Lays Groundwork for Rosen's Attack on Ann Romney
Video:

Blitzer To Hilary Rosen:
Democrats 'Throwing You Under The Bus'

For 'War On Women' Damage Control
David Axelrod Dispatched

Axelrod to CNN:
Rosen is 'your employee, not ours'

Obama On Rosen:
'I Don’t Have A Lot Patience' For Those Types Of Comments

Chicago Democrats
Does Rahm Blame Daley For City Violence?

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think thats much worse than calling a woman a slut, don't you agree grandma?? Didn't see any cute cartoons after that one...what happened.. all the cute cartoon people take a vacation Smile

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57:
I think thats much worse than calling a woman a slut, don't you agree grandma?? Didn't see any cute cartoons after that one...what happened.. all the cute cartoon people take a vacation Smile

Hilary Rosen destroyed the Democrats' manufactured "War On Women" in just one night. After attacking Ann Romney for being a homemaker on television and insinuating that her choice to stay home limits her intellectual capacity for understanding economics, a torrent of backlash hit Rosen via Twitter. The heat was such that David Axelrod was trotted out to throw Rosen under the bus. So much for her live audition for the campaign.

Ms. Rosen stepped in a big pile of poo, and she's not getting the **** off her shoe that easily. She said "Anne Romney has never worked a day in her life," she can't unsay it, no matter how hard she tries. Now, she's trying to imply that Anne Romney can't relate to women's financial issues because she's rich. Does she forget that the Romney's are self made, and that when they started their family, they were poor? I hope this privileged woman's career goes down in flames, it's the least she deserves for insulting every stay at home mom and every wealthy woman in America for implying that neither is capable of understanding the economic issues women face.

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Are you really going to go ballistic on Rosen while you give rush a pass???? Now that is funny Laughing

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The FLEEBAGGERS are the ones that threw the lesbian ditz under the bus after "dyckhead obama bin lyin'" gave her the lead in for her idiotic attack on Ann Romney!
Just like the Fleebaggers treated Cindy Shehan, or what ever that ditzs handle was, if the stupid ploy blows up in your face that's OK you were expendable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

all the cute cartoon people are on vacation [QUOTE]Originally posted by BD:
More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
DNC Chief Called on to Release Tax Returns

“Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been asking Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney to release his 2011 tax return

no records of Wasserman Schultz having ever released her personal income tax returns,

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It is customary for a Presidential candidate to release returns. Is Wasserman-Shultz the only member of congress not to release returns or is this just a convenient attack on her? I think voters are interested in Romneys finances with stories about Cayman island hidden accounts. I have not heard any call for Wasserman-Shultz or any other member of Congress to release returns. I'm sure some cartoonist has dealt with this issue of releasing returns. I would be interested to know if the Ryan budget would reduce Romneys tax payment, wouldn't you?? I know Obamas tax reforms would increase both his and Romneys tax burden. These are things we should be debating, don't you agree??

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
"dyckhead obama bin lyin'" paid a lower percentage of income tax then his secretary did!
He could have chipped in a little more after living in government housing and spending hundreds of millions of dollars of tax payers money on his and mooch-chelles vacations, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO, that wouldn't have been tax payer money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Democrats Are Jumping Ship

Politics: Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?

The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

North Carolina's Brad Miller, who voted for the law, now laments that "we would all have been better off" if Congress had dealt with more pressing issues "and then came back to health care."

Barney Frank complained that the Democrats "paid a terrible price for health care." And Virginia's outgoing Sen. Jim Webb said the law would be Obama's "biggest downside" in the election and had cost him "a lot of credibility as a leader."

Meanwhile, stalwart Massachusetts liberal Elizabeth Warren is now calling to repeal a piece of ObamaCare — the 2.3% tax on medical devices — because, she says, it "disproportionately impacts the small companies with the narrowest financial margins."

Warren, by the way, is running for the Senate seat occupied by Republican Scott Brown, whose victory in 2010 was a result of the public's intense opposition to ObamaCare.

Former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis went furthest. "I think the Affordable Care Act is the single least popular piece of major domestic legislation in the last 70 years," he said. "It was not popular when it passed; it's less popular now." Ouch.

These Democrats are no doubt familiar with polls that show surprisingly little support for ObamaCare within their ranks. Fewer than half of Democrats think the government should be able to force individuals to buy insurance — the core element of ObamaCare — according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Only a little more than a third say the Supreme Court should "uphold the entire law."

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

Obama may have thought he'd cleverly handled the issue by putting it off until next year, and that no one would think to defy his veto threats.

But when Republicans called his bluff with a bill to force a start on construction, 69 Democrats rushed to join them, giving the House bill a veto-proof majority. The Senate bill is just a vote or two away from overcoming a Democratic filibuster.

The importance of this fight is huge. If Democrats defy him, it will severely undermine Obama's claim that he's pursuing an all-of-the-above energy strategy.

Obama came to the White House claiming that he alone was qualified to unite the country behind common objectives. The fact that he's losing support from his own party on two of the most important issues of the day is significant.

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is Debbie Wasserman Schultz DNC Chair--Or Isn't She?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz wants it both ways. On attack, she is the chair of the Democratic National Committee, and speaks for the party as a whole. But on defense, she is just a lowly member of the House of Representatives, unable to speak about the anything beyond her limited competence as one of 435 members of the lower chamber.

Like Obama himself, who is more myth than man, Democrat policies are fairy tales

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
Well joe you just can't copy only part from the web site.
http://moveon.org/

Here, i'll give you a hand. Smile

General Petraeus or General Betray Us?

View the ad (PDF)Cooking the books for the White House

General Petraeus is a military man constantly at war with the facts.

In 2004, just before the election, he said there was “tangible progress“ in Iraq and that “Iraqi leaders are stepping forward.”
Washington Post, “Battling for Iraq,” by David H. Petraeus. 9/26/04 (see below)

And last week Petraeus, the architect of the escalation of troops in Iraq , said ”We say we have achieved progress, and we are obviously going to do everything we can to build on that progress.”

The Australian, “Surge Working: Top US General,” by Dennis Shanahan. 8/31/07
Every independent report on the ground situation in Iraq shows that the surge strategy has failed.
GAO report, 9/4/07
NIE report, 8/23/07
Jones report, CSIS, 9/6/07
Yet the General claims a reduction in violence. That’s because, according to the New York Times, the Pentagon has adopted a bizarre formula for keeping tabs on violence. For example, deaths by car bombs don’t count.
“Time to Take a Stand,” by Paul Krugman. 9/7/07
The Washington Post reported that assassinations only count if you're shot in the back of the head -- not the front.
“Experts Doubt Drop in Violence in Iraq,” by Karen DeYoung. 9/6/07 l
According to news reports, there have been more civilian deaths and more American soldier deaths in the past three months than in any other summer we’ve been there.
The Associated Press, “Violence Appears to Be Shifting from Baghdad.” 8/25/07
National Public Radio, “Statistics the Weapon of Choice in Surge Debate,” by Guy Raz. 9/6/07
Associated Press, “Key Figures About Iraq Since the War Began in 2003.” 9/5/07
We'll hear of neighborhoods where violence has decreased. But we won't hear that those neighborhoods have been ethnically cleansed.
Newsweek, “Baghdad’s New Owners,” by Babak Dehghanpisheh and Larry Kaplow, 9/10/07
Ibid from the AP, “Violence Appears to be Shifting From Baghdad”
McClatchy, “Despite Violence Drop, Officers See Bleak Future for Iraq,” by Leila Fadel. 8/15/07
The New York Times, “More Iraqis Said to Flee Since Troop Rise,” by James Glanz and Stephen Farrell. 8/24/07
Most importantly, General Petraeus will not admit what everyone knows; Iraq is mired in an unwinnable religious civil war.
We may hear of a plan to withdraw a few thousand American troops.
The New York Times, “Petraeus, Seeing Gains in Iraq as Fragile, is Wary of Cuts,” by David Sanger and David Cloud, 9/7/07
The Washington Post, “Petraeus Open to Pullout of One Brigade,” by Robin Wright and Jonathan Weisman. 9/7/07.
But we won’t hear what Americans are desperate to hear: a timetable for withdrawing all our troops. General Petraeus has actually said American troops will need to stay in Iraq for as long as ten years.
The Hill, “Rep. Schakowsky: Petraeus hints at decade-long Iraq presence,” by Patrick FitzGerald. 8/10/07
Today before Congress and before the American people, General Petraeus is likely to become General Betray Us.

The Washington Post, 9/26/04
Battling for Iraq

BYLINE: David H. Petraeus

SECTION: Editorial; B07

LENGTH: 1239 words

DATELINE: BAGHDAD
Helping organize, train and equip nearly a quarter-million of Iraq's security forces is a daunting task. Doing so in the middle of a tough insurgency increases the challenge enormously, making the mission akin to repairing an aircraft while in flight -- and while being shot at. Now, however, 18 months after entering Iraq, I see tangible progress. Iraqi security elements are being rebuilt from the ground up.
The institutions that oversee them are being reestablished from the top down. And Iraqi leaders are stepping forward, leading their country and their security forces courageously in the face of an enemy that has shown a willingness to do anything to disrupt the establishment of the new Iraq.
In recent months, I have observed thousands of Iraqis in training and then watched as they have conducted numerous operations. Although there have been reverses -- not to mention horrific terrorist attacks -- there has been progress in the effort to enable Iraqis to shoulder more of the load for their own security, something they are keen to do. The future undoubtedly will be full of difficulties, especially in places such as Fallujah. We must expect setbacks and recognize that not every soldier or policeman we help train will be equal to the challenges ahead.
Nonetheless, there are reasons for optimism. Today approximately 164,000 Iraqi police and soldiers (of which about 100,000 are trained and equipped) and an additional 74,000 facility protection forces are performing a wide variety of security missions. Equipment is being delivered. Training is on track and increasing in capacity. Infrastructure is being repaired. Command and control structures and institutions are being reestablished.
Most important, Iraqi security forces are in the fight -- so much so that they are suffering substantial casualties as they take on more and more of the burdens to achieve security in their country. Since Jan. 1 more than 700 Iraqi security force members have been killed, and hundreds of Iraqis seeking to volunteer for the police and military have been killed as well.
Six battalions of the Iraqi regular army and the Iraqi Intervention Force are now conducting operations. Two of these battalions, along with the Iraqi commando battalion, the counterterrorist force, two Iraqi National Guard battalions and thousands of policemen recently contributed to successful operations in Najaf. Their readiness to enter and clear the Imam Ali shrine was undoubtedly a key factor in enabling Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani to persuade members of the Mahdi militia to lay down their arms and leave the shrine.
In another highly successful operation several days ago, the Iraqi counterterrorist force conducted early-morning raids in Najaf that resulted in the capture of several senior lieutenants and 40 other members of that militia, and the seizure of enough weapons to fill nearly four 71/2-ton dump trucks.
Within the next 60 days, six more regular army and six additional Intervention Force battalions will become operational. Nine more regular army battalions will complete training in January, in time to help with security missions during the Iraqi elections at the end of that month.
Iraqi National Guard battalions have also been active in recent months. Some 40 of the 45 existing battalions -- generally all except those in the Fallujah-Ramadi area -- are conducting operations on a daily basis, most alongside coalition forces, but many independently. Progress has also been made in police training. In the past week alone, some 1,100 graduated from the basic policing course and five specialty courses. By early spring, nine academies in Iraq and one in Jordan will be graduating a total of 5,000 police each month from the eight-week course, which stresses patrolling and investigative skills, substantive and procedural legal knowledge, and proper use of force and weaponry, as well as pride in the profession and adherence to the police code of conduct.
Iraq's borders are long, stretching more than 2,200 miles. Reducing the flow of extremists and their resources across the borders is critical to success in the counterinsurgency. As a result, with support from the Department of Homeland Security, specialized training for Iraq's border enforcement elements began earlier this month in Jordan.
Regional academies in Iraq have begun training as well, and more will come online soon. In the months ahead, the 16,000-strong border force will expand to 24,000 and then 32,000. In addition, these forces will be provided with modern technology, including vehicle X-ray machines, explosive-detection devices and ground sensors.
Outfitting hundreds of thousands of new Iraqi security forces is difficult and complex, and many of the units are not yet fully equipped. But equipment has begun flowing. Since July 1, for example, more than 39,000 weapons and 22 million rounds of ammunition have been delivered to Iraqi forces, in addition to 42,000 sets of body armor, 4,400 vehicles, 16,000 radios and more than 235,000 uniforms.
Considerable progress is also being made in the reconstruction and refurbishing of infrastructure for Iraq's security forces. Some $1 billion in construction to support this effort has been completed or is underway, and five Iraqi bases are already occupied by entire infantry brigades.
Numbers alone cannot convey the full story. The human dimension of this effort is crucial. The enemies of Iraq recognize how much is at stake as Iraq reestablishes its security forces. Insurgents and foreign fighters continue to mount barbaric attacks against police stations, recruiting centers and military installations, even though the vast majority of the population deplores such attacks. Yet despite the sensational attacks, there is no shortage of qualified recruits volunteering to join Iraqi security forces. In the past couple of months, more than 7,500 Iraqi men have signed up for the army and are preparing to report for basic training to fill out the final nine battalions of the Iraqi regular army. Some 3,500 new police recruits just reported for training in various locations. And two days after the recent bombing on a street outside a police recruiting location in Baghdad, hundreds of Iraqis were once again lined up inside the force protection walls at another location -- where they were greeted by interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.
I meet with Iraqi security force leaders every day. Though some have given in to acts of intimidation, many are displaying courage and resilience in the face of repeated threats and attacks on them, their families and their comrades. I have seen their determination and their desire to assume the full burden of security tasks for Iraq.
There will be more tough times, frustration and disappointment along the way. It is likely that insurgent attacks will escalate as Iraq's elections approach. Iraq's security forces are, however, developing steadily and they are in the fight. Momentum has gathered in recent months. With strong Iraqi leaders out front and with continued coalition -- and now NATO -- support, this trend will continue. It will not be easy, but few worthwhile things are.
The writer, an Army lieutenant general, commands the Multinational Security Transition Command in Iraq. He previously commanded the 101st Airborne Division, which was deployed in Iraq from March 2003 until February 2004.

Everybody on the Hill and across the country knew his report would not stray from dumbya's "Staying The Course".
It was so predictable.

The General is still a "Hero" in my book.
Please no name calling.
Smile

Hows that "Hope and Change" working for you?

The fact is the Marxist Obama has been little different than the Neocon Bush with the military.

Posts: 19 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Blue collar Dems jealous, angry at Obamas

Blue collar Democratic voters, stuck taking depressing “staycations” because they can’t afford gas and hotels, are resentful of the first family’s 17 lavish vacations around the world and don’t want their tax dollars paying for the Obamas’ holidays, according to a new analysis of swing voters.

Vacation backlash:

Dem Rep. Admits Party Expects Votes in Exchange for Gov. Handouts

When Democrats are actually honest with the American people, they usually say things they wish they hadn’t. Like the time Michelle Obama told a Wisconsin crowd in 2008 that she was “really proud of her country…for the first time in [her] adult life,” or when John Kerry (D-Mass.) equated our military with terrorists, or more recently, when Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-Penn.) admitted that Democrats expect votes in exchange for all the free stuff that pass out to people via the government dole

Democrats expect votes

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair