DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Today’s democrats
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today’s democrats
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
It's been proven time and again that when capital gains taxes are slashed the government collects a huge amount of capital gains taxes!
FAIRNESS is an idiotic method of levying taxes!
For the few "rich" that do not pay even a normal percentage, and then battle the government for 10 years about paying, there are thousands that pay normally!
For the boobs here that idolize the rapist, who is alledgedly campaigning for "dyckhead obama bin lyin'" even though he has ridiculed "dyckhead" of late, the rapist admitted today that if the FLEEBAGGERS intend to keep spending money the way they are the middle classes taxes MUST be RAISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm open minded. Let's see the data.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Stress Management!

Just in case you are having a rough day, here's a stress management
technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals.

The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a
crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of
serenity.

7. The water is so clear that you can easily make out the face of the
Democrat you're holding underwater.

There!! See? It really does work. You're smiling already.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is an exception to capital gains on one personal residence per life time!

Not true, it can be used many times but you have to have lived in the house 3 of the previous 5 years.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
What do you know!
One IRS rule I really didn't violate! Technically that is!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now Senator chuckles shythead (D-NY) wants to punitively tax millionaires leaving the United States to escape the ever more regressive taxes they are facing?
Just keep punishing the evil rich and watch them adjust their status like the ones leaving New York, New Jersey, California and other jurisdictions because of their "millionaires tax"!
The impetus for this is the Facebook guy packing for Singapore to avoid the capital gains taxes on the IPO!
Last year 1,700 of the "evil rich" abandoned the U.S. because of taxes!
How big of a net loss would a thinking person suppose this caused the United States Treasury Department????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I guess I know more than you!

What's the best tax break available to Jane and John Q. Public? If they're homeowners, it's selling their house.

Homeowners already know the many tax breaks that Uncle Sam offers, most notably mortgage interest and property tax deductions. Well, he also has good tax news for home sellers: Most of them won't owe the Internal Revenue Service a single dime.

When you sell your primary residence, you can make up to $250,000 in profit if you're a single owner, twice that if you're married, and not owe any capital gains taxes.

"Most people are not going to have a tax obligation unless their gain is huge," says Bob Trinz, a senior tax analyst at RIA, which provides tax information and software to tax professionals.

Some sellers are surprised by this break, especially if they've been in their homes for a while. That's because before May 7, 1997, the only way you could avoid paying taxes on your home-sale profit was to use the money to buy another, more-expensive house within two years. Sellers age 55 or older had one other option. They could take a once-in-a-lifetime tax exemption of up to $125,000 in profits. And in all instances, there was tax paperwork (Form 2119) to fill out to show that you followed the rules.

But when the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 became law, the home-sale tax burden eased for millions of residential taxpayers. The rollover or once-in-a-lifetime options were replaced with the current per-sale exclusion amounts.

"There is some logic to this law change because most people under the prior rules didn't recognize a taxable gain because they rolled it over into another residence," says Trinz. "The change essentially makes it easier to dispose of your residence."

Still some requirements to meet
If you used pre-1997 rules for residential sales, don't worry. That doesn't disqualify you from claiming the exclusion on any residential sales now. The law change applies to all sales since it took effect.

Another bonus of the new rules: You don't have to buy another home with your sale proceeds. You can use the money to travel to Europe in style, buy an RV and drive across the country or get all those designer shoes you never could afford before.

Even better, there's no limit on the number of times you can use the home-sale exemption. In most cases, you can make tax-free profits of $250,000 (or $500,000 depending on your filing status) every time you sell a home.

Ah, but we are talking taxes here. You did notice that phrase "in most cases," didn't you? There's always a catch. Before you put a "For Sale" sign in the yard, you need to make sure your house-sale situation is one of those "most cases."

First, the property you're selling must be your principal residence. That means you live in it. This tax break doesn't apply to a house or other property that you have solely for investment purposes. In those cases, the usual capital gains rules apply.
advertisement

You can, however, turn a rental house into your primary residence, making the sale of it eligible for the exclusion. This is accomplished when you meet the IRS use and ownership tests: You own and live in the home for two out of the five years before the sale.

Read more: Capital gains home-sale tax break a boon for owners http://www.bankrate.com/financ...1.aspx#ixzz1v9huTMgO

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I know more than you!

I think he meant it as a redundant statement, not questioning your knowledge.
Like.... What do you know: One rule i didn't break!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Some people would know the difference between "what do you know!" and "what do you know?"
Wait now, I take that back. The people educated about 50 or more years ago would almost all know. Since then the number that will know will dwindle the younger they are!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The black Mayor of Newark, New Jersey found out the hard way you can't leave "dyckhead obama bin lyin's'" plantation without being hauled back into the woodshed!
After expressing himself truthfully Sunday he has been prostrating himself to every left-wing news organization that will have him since then trying to suck his way back into "dyckheads" good graces!!!!!!!!!!!!
The open minded FLEEBAGGERS at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BD:
More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott

Obama's anti-Romney Bain ads dividing Dems

The Obama campaign's sustained attack on Mitt Romney's Bain Capital record is driving a divide in the Democratic Party, with former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell becoming the latest Obama ally to criticize it as others double down on the strategy.

All the while, the White House may be encountering a mounting message discipline problem, with both sides of that divide now spouting commentary that's not exactly on the talking points memo.

Yet other business-minded Democrats continue to speak out.

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Well the FLEEBAGGERS and unions in control has finally brought new fallujah (formerly detroit) to it's knees permanently!
With population 60% of what it was in 1950 and tax receipts dying the city will no longer maintain street lights or the streets themselves in blighted areas. These are mainly the areas where the FLEEBAGGERS wards of governemnt reside!
There are a few areas where yuppies have come in and rebuilt the homes and refurbished the neighborhoods. It will be interesting to see what happens when they get all of the attention and the FLEEBAGGERS wards neighborhoods are ignored!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Senate Dems Betray Lilly

A group of Democratic female senators on Wednesday declared war on the so-called “gender pay gap,” urging their colleagues to pass the aptly named Paycheck Fairness Act when Congress returns from recess next month. However, a substantial gender pay gap exists in their own offices, a Washington Free Beacon analysis of Senate salary data reveals.

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

Murray, who has repeatedly accused Republicans of waging a “war a women,” is one of the worst offenders. Female members of Murray’s staff made about $21,000 less per year than male staffers in 2011, a difference of 35.2 percent.

Senate Democrats plan to bring the Paycheck Fairness Act, which some have described as a “trial lawyers’ payday” that would facilitate large punitive damage claims in discrimination suits, up for a vote following the Memorial Day recess.

Congress already passed equal pay legislation in January 2009. President Obama has frequently touted that bill—the Lilly Ledbetter Act—as the first piece of legislation he signed upon taking office, and has sought to declare “problem solved” on the issue of equal pay for women.

“We passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act—the first bill I signed—so that equal pay for equal work is a reality all across this country,” he said in June 2009.

When it comes to prosecuting instances of gender pay discrimination, however, the Obama administration has been far less active than that of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush. Under Obama, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed six gender-based wage discrimination lawsuits. That number is down from 18 lawsuits filed during Bush’s second term.

"trial lawyers’ payday"

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott

former prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party

condemned the path he believes the party is taking.

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bitter New Jersey primary pits President Obama against Bill Clinton

A contentious New Jersey congressional primary between two Democratic House incumbents is attracting the attention of two of the most powerful Democrats in the country, President Obama and former president Bill Clinton.

The problem is that they are on opposite sides of the fight.

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
As the FLEEBAGGERS in Illinois just keep on digging themselves deeper into their hole!
They met to discuss trough slopper unions pension reform, the state is tens of billions of dollars short and will NEVER live up to their obligations!
INSTEAD they passed a bill allowing disabled to use miniature horses (ponies???????) like guide dogs!
Not clear whether the state will buy and feed the miniature horses (ponies???????) but without a doubt they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good point BK...But know they've both BULL shyte and horse shyte to clean up Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

More dumbass cartoons
Wes Scott

Democrats Cheer Romney's Trump Embrace

Media Ties Romney to Trump

Ignores Obama-Sharpton Connection

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
A book all of the duped boob IMBECILES should read to get their facts in order, it's too late for the RETARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duped America by Richard Bernstein, a life long FLEEBAGGER who saw the light after 9/11!
He explains how the FLEEBAGGERS and their allies, the left-wing lame stream moron media, set about to dupe, and are still at it, the American population!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Reid puts his Nevada campaign machine to work

LAS VEGAS — Just two years after fending off one of the nation’s toughest Republican challenges to win reelection to a fifth term, Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid could find his political fate determined once again by voters in his own Nevada back yard.

Reid won’t be on the ballot in November. But as the Democratic leader fights to retain his majority in the Senate, with control likely coming down to just a handful of key contests, the Silver State offers a rare opportunity for a Democratic pickup in a year when the party is mostly playing defense.

for Senate hopeful Shelley Berkley

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
shellfish berkley is the brain dead ditz that said after she voted for the "destroy the best health care system in the history of mankind" debacle "my husband is a physician", who shellfish has steered millions to with legislation she promoted, "and he knows the debacle is "AWFUL" but I had to vote for it or nazi nancy would have punished me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski