DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Today’s democrats
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today’s democrats
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the constitution say that we will have laws prohibiting people from driving through my son's school zone at 55 mph? No.

No, State laws do.

quote:
Does the constitution say that if you polute ground water, you will be fined or even jailed? No.

No, State laws relating to personal property/injury do. (same with your defecetive equipment example)

quote:
Does the constitution say that we will have regulations preventing disk jockies from saying the F word all the time on the air? No.

No, and why do you need to? Radio can regulate itself, and if it doesn't, I can regulate it as a customer. If consumers don't want to hear it, and advertisers don't want to be associated with it, it will go away. While channel surfing on my satellite radio, I ran across Sirius Left, where the host was busy screaming at a caller with a stream of F-bombs and other expletives. Guess what? I don't listen to that channel anymore.

quote:
But I certainly wouldn't line up with the Tea Party and say that we shouldn't spend money that isn't required by the constitution. I am willing to pay for the things in this country that make this country the envy of people in other countries.

You're more than welcome to donate whatever amount of funds you wish to whatever endeavors or charities you choose. Who can choose better how to spend your money - you or the gov't? (If it's not you, then just let me know. Give me all your money, and I will allocate dollars for your needs, minus administrative fees of course) Also, the States will be more than happy to spend your money.

Powers not granted by the Constitution to the federal government are reserved for the States. There is a REASON for this. Just because that's been forgotten or ignored for so long doesn't make it any less true.

Just as a reminder, we have surpassed $15 Trillion in debt. We don't HAVE any money to do all the things we would 'like' to do, let alone the things we have to do. Yeah, it's gonna suck, for a long time, because they've been grossly negligent for a long time.

And oh, BTW, the House shot down a balanced budget amendment today.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Powers not granted by the Constitution to the federal government are reserved for the States. There is a REASON for this. Just because that's been forgotten or ignored for so long doesn't make it any less true.

What is the reason?
What is the difference if the fed or the state makes a rule regulating something that really should be regulated everywhere?
When the government works correctly, we have congressmen who represent all of us, and spend our money according to how the majority think it should be spent. If the fed couldn't spend money not figured by the constitution, we never would have had an interstate highway system.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
That's not true.
When Ike came up with the interstate highway system his rational was it was needed to move military equipment if the need arose for national defense!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the reason?

Eyes Banging Head

Read the Federalist Papers. The Constitution was not drafted in a vacuum. There are plenty of writings available regarding original intent. It was carefully crafted to work, with layers of checks and balances and accountability. Jack with the system and you are left with, well, a jacked up system. What exactly is it that the federal government does better than the states? (besides spend other people's money?)

quote:
What is the difference if the fed or the state makes a rule regulating something that really should be regulated everywhere?

If the states all agree, then they can do so. Here's one instance where the overused Commerce Clause was ACTUALLY supposed to be used, as it was the feds responsibility "to make regular" commerce between the states. You're seeing the effects of the States' abdication of power now, with the overbearing, wasteful federal government. Where's the accountability? "Well, you can vote..." Yah, how's that workin' out? The federal government was once accountable not only to the people, but to the States. Electing Senators by popular vote was a huge blow to the checks and balances of the system. The more localized gov't is, the more accountable it can be.

quote:
When the government works correctly, we have congressmen who represent all of us, and spend our money according to how the majority think it should be spent.

Wake me up when that moment arrives...

PS - Koski is correct on Interstates, and you could also argue to help make regular the commerce between the states. That being said, it's not like there are no roads that connect states that aren't interstates, and there's no reason they couldn't/wouldn't improve their own infrastructure in order to increase interstate commerce.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Illinois politics FLEEBAGGER style!
Just months after saddling the residents and employers of Illinois with the largest tax hike in history the FLEEBAGGER legislature is meeting in special session to provide tax breaks for three, YES THREE, huge Chicago companies that are threatening to leave the state if they aren't granted tax relief! It never hurts to have politicians in ones pocket!
The Hell with the little employers trying to scrape by with the news tax levies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How will Caterpillar react to this??????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

What censure? Charles Rangel’s back

the clearest sign yet of his return from political wastelands, several members of the House Democratic leadership, including Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), headlined a Rangel fundraiser at the Washington restaurant Bistro Bis Wednesday evening.

The strong show of support among Democratic leadership is a first for Rangel since he was publicly shamed last December. In addition to Pelosi, leaders who attended the fundraiser included House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer of Maryland, Assistant Leader Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel of New York and Ways and Means ranking member Sander Levin and the Judiciary Committee ranking member John Conyers — both of Michigan. Hoyer and Israel supported censuring Rangel, while Levin, Conyers and Clyburn opposed it. Pelosi, who had to preside over the reading of the censure resolution while Rangel stood disgraced in the well of the House, did not vote.

Pelosi’s office did not respond to a request for comment

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
barney fag is throwing in the towel.
He must have discovered he was going to have a challenger that was going to roll the tape on all of his pandering to fannie and freddie and his many other ill-advised stances!
There will be a full time queer prostitution ring out of his residence now!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
cat will move their operations to winston salem nc.they broke ground last nov. and are already in the new plant.these southern ppl. no how to get it done.besides our govnor, miss bev purdue will give them anythang they want.

Posts: 172 | Location: collecting emails from whiners | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Illinois politics FLEEBAGGER style!
Just months after saddling the residents and employers of Illinois with the largest tax hike in history the FLEEBAGGER legislature is meeting in special session to provide tax breaks for three, YES THREE, huge Chicago companies that are threatening to leave the state if they aren't granted tax relief! It never hurts to have politicians in ones pocket!
The Hell with the little employers trying to scrape by with the news tax levies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How will Caterpillar react to this??????????????????????

They have truely painted themselves into a corner on this. They increased income taxes, so that they could catch up on bills. This was to be a temporary measure until spending cuts were fully hashed through. Well, spending cuts haven't been talked about since the tax increase! Or course. It turns out that the taxe increase has strictly been used to fully fund the state pension funds. Isn't that nice..!
Now we have a huge Chi-Town company that is playing chicken with taxes, and will probably win. Chicago cannot afford to lose them, and it certainly wouldn't help the state any. So now we have raised taxes, and are going to selectively choose the companies who will be exempted from these increases. In fact, the company in question is demanding a decrease significantly larger than what the increase was.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
There's actually three companies demanding to have their taxes cut or they're out of the state. The Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Sears and I missed the name of the other company!
This would be blatantly unconstitutional but why would the FLEEBAGGERS care????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's actually three companies demanding to have their taxes cut or they're out of the state. The Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Sears and I missed the name of the other company!
This would be blatantly unconstitutional but why would the FLEEBAGGERS care????????????

i heard about the Merc, and you are right about CAT being next in line. This won't set well with them. Of course, they aren't in Chi town, so maybe they won't have anyone important listening.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
As the hits on the FLEEBAGGERS just keep on coming! The co-chair of the 2012 Presidential nomination convention had a bunch of her cohorts indicted on state charges! How long before "dyck obama bin lyin'" dumps her?
There's more, the feds are looking at more violations around her and they may be charging people in the near future!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Democrats have to push hard to minimize losses

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

The Future of the Obama Coalition

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
We have a number of duped boob IMBECILES here that will blindly cling to "dyck obama bin lyin's'" testicles no matter how hard he tries to drown them with piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Illinois legislative FLEEBAGGERS have decided to play chicken with the three chi-town companies that announced they would abandon the state if their taxes were not reduced!
It will be interesting to see what happens?
I can picture the FLEEBAGGERS calling them inhuman for their callousness for protecting their survival!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The FLEEBAGGERS are predictably shedding crocodile tears for FLEEBAGGER former Senator and governor of New Jersey corzine!
What a tragedy it is that the Saintly FLEEBAGGER corzine got confused and thought he could simply squander and piss away money that hadn't been confiscated by the government!
"dyck obama bin lyin's'" pal soros cashed in on corzine's bumbling though so the peoples private money will still end up in "dyck obama bin lyin's'" campaign stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
As the hits on the FLEEBAGGERS just keep on coming! The co-chair of the 2012 Presidential nomination convention had a bunch of her cohorts indicted on state charges! How long before "dyck obama bin lyin'" dumps her?
There's more, the feds are looking at more violations around her and they may be charging people in the near future!

Wow this all sounds familiar to what we have going on in Wisconsin.

Posts: 1255 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Guess who the FLEEBAGGER Senate has tapped to pay for the 2% FICA reduction?
People that are applying for new mortgages!
This will really stick it to the "evil rich" won't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess who the FLEEBAGGER Senate has tapped to pay for the 2% FICA reduction?
People that are applying for new mortgages!
This will really stick it to the "evil rich" won't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Repubs wouldn't go for it with the rich paying, so they tried something else. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
While President Obama Arrives in Hawaii Amidst Security and Fanfare, Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Slips Quietly into Big Island Resort

News that President Barack Obama arrived in Hawaii this weekend to join his wife Michelle and daughters Malia and Sasha in time for a Christmas holiday has been covered by news media worldwide.

The first family and their friends have been enjoying a reclusive 17-day holiday vacation in beach front homes in Kailua, Oahu.

But another powerful politician is here for the holidays as well, albeit on another island and with less media attention.

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, who served as Speaker of the House and is now head of the House minority, is once again spending her Christmas at the exotic Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu in Kona on the island of Hawaii.

Pelosi reportedly plans to spend her Christmas Eve at midnight mass in St. Michael's Catholic Church in Kailua-Kona.

Pelosi spent the last two Christmas holidays in Kona at the same hotel in an elaborate suite that rents for $10,000 a night.

$34,000 to local taxpayers.

Obama’s trip to the island of Oahu has proved much pricier to state and federal taxpayers.

In a Hawaii Reporter story published last week, the total cost (based on what is known) for a 17-day round trip vacation to Hawaii for the President and his family and staff and security is an estimated $4,113,038.

That includes $3,629,622 for separate travel for the president and his family, $151,200 for housing for security, $72,216 for staff to stay in one of Hawaii's most luxurious resorts, the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki, and local police protection and ambulance detail for $260,000.

See more detail about the costs of the president's trip here

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Heard an on the button description of ron paul the other day, "he isn't really a nut job, he just talks and acts like one to get the nut jobs votes!"
It seems to be working in Iowa, FLEEBAGGERS are going to the REPUBLICAN caucuses to support ron paul!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski