New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The problem with spending cuts is: Nobody wants to do the dirty work. I hear rhetoric about "We need a smaller government", but seldom are there specifics about exactly what would be cut and what would be spared. Nobody wants to cut Grandma's social security. Nobody wants to close prisons. Nobody wants to scale back military spending in places like technology, personal or benefits. Nobody wants to alienate the unions forever. Nobody wants to cut unemployment benefits during a period of extreme unemployment. Cuts are painful, and while many on one side of the isle beat their chests about cutting spending, few are willing to do the grunt work of making the exact cuts. We have a Consumer Protection part in government. How about a government spending cut office? maybe there is one. We do it in industry all the time. Brainstorm and research and go out and fight and claw to find places where actual money can be saved, and make the changes. But of course, it would be unpopular.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dan Lee Watson
posted Hide Post
Is this the foreign company your talking about DC?

http://staugustine.com/news/20...nternational-airport

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daytonchoppers:
the weird thing komrad is that YOU have NEVER shown proof i lied about ANYTHING!
you have been proven wrong so many times by myself i've lost count! what is it...big brain buckeye 282 and komrad 0?

just one komrad please post just one single post of mine that is false that you can back up with a link.

surely you can do it at least 1 time cant you?

i've proven you to be a liar 282 times with links WHY CANT YOU?

HOW MANY TIMES DO I GOT TO SLAP YOU DOWN?

man are all klowns as dumb as you?
oh wait a minute i'm the one talking to a klown daaaa!

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
buck ol buddy big money runs the world not big government!

End earmarks and start term limits!
ban K street and ban former public employees from becoming lobbists and you have a start.

hold your breath!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
buck ol buddy big money runs the world not big government!

End earmarks and start term limits!
ban K street and ban former public employees from becoming lobbists and you have a start.

hold your breath!

Real campaign contribution limits would be great to, and just get rid of the PAC's.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA)Washington, DC - November 15, 2011 - The Obama Administration is urging Congress and the Senate to pass sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans: The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA). President Obama said he will sign it as soon as it hits his desk.

The AWNAA is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

'Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,' said California Senator Barbara Boxer. 'We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing. We are legalizing another protected class of Americans.'

In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D) pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. Employer of Persons of Inability.

Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%), and home improvement 'warehouse' stores (65%). At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons of Inability (a whopping 83%).

Under The Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million 'middle man' positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given so as to guarantee upward mobility for even the most inept employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability into middle-management positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the Non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, 'Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?'
'As a Non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them,' said Ken Cox, who lost his position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Michigan, due to his inability to remember 'righty tightey, lefty loosey.' 'This new law should be real good for people like me,' Cox added. With the passage of this bill, Cox and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Senator **** Durbin (D-IL): 'As a Senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.'

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
That's comical parody BUT sadly not far from what the doofuses in control want to do.
There is a move afoot to ban a prospective employee being asked if they have a high school diploma using the American With disabilities Act as the tool!
AGAIN, sadly, this isn't the tragedy it would have been 50 years ago because many of the "graduates" now can't even read their diploma so the diploma doesn't mean a whole lot!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Komrad still having trouble?
cant even bust me on one little ol post?

why do you keep posting the the TOTAL of all national debt from George Washington to Jimmy Carter was $997,855,000,000.00?

And why do you keep posting that reagannomics tripled the debt? $1,856,575,960,187.32?

we get it already! Reagan started the whole country is burried in debt problem already!

man you Reagan haters? bill stop bashing Reagan already we get it he was the mastermind of national debt already god just leave the poor old man alone so nancy can tell him what to do already!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
That's comical parody BUT sadly not far from what the doofuses in control want to do.
There is a move afoot to ban a prospective employee being asked if they have a high school diploma using the American With disabilities Act as the tool!
AGAIN, sadly, this isn't the tragedy it would have been 50 years ago because many of the "graduates" now can't even read their diploma so the diploma doesn't mean a whole lot!

now bill what if GM hadnt paid for your ed-u-ma-cation?
you would still be trying to milk the bulls?

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The national debt on 9/30/1981 when President Reagan assumed control was $997,855,000,000.00. After 8 years on 9/30/1989 the debt was $2,857,430960,187.32. This was an increase of $1,856,575,960,187.32 in 8 years, about what "dyck obama bin lyin'" and the FLEEBAGGERS are increasing it annually now!
When President Reagan agreed to wipe out credit interest as a deduction, including auto and credit card interest, among other effective tax increases, the FLEEBAGGERS agreed to $3.00 of spending cuts for every $1.00 of tax increases! SURPRISE, the spending cuts never happened!
When the rapist slithered in, after the FLEEBAGGERS sandbagged bush I on spending cuts just like they did President Reagan, the debt was $4,411,488,883,139.38 on 9/30/1993.
1995, $4,973,982,900,709.39
1996, $5,224,810,939,135.73
1997, $5,413,146,011,397.34
1998, $5,526,193,008,897.62
1999, $5,656,270,901,615.43
2000, $5,674,178,209,886.86
2001, the last year the rapist was responsible, $5,807,463,412,200,06!
Only a duped boob RETARD could do math that would find a surplus in any of those years!
The REPUBLICAN Congress passed budgets with surpluses but the rapist pissed away money off-line that ate up the surplus PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As duped boob RETARD #3 glosses over the bald-faced lies he posted a few posts back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
OMG! enough already with showing us the God Father of the national debt numbers already!

we get it! Reagan tripled the debt and started the republican policy of borrow and spend already!

Stop giving him ALL the credit! Bush 41 and 43 did almost as well they fell just a little short and they just doubled the debt.

We get it already!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this the foreign company your talking about DC?

http://staugustine.com/news/20...nternational-airport

Yep.. That's the one.

We bytch about sending money back to Japan and Germany for building cars here so why not this one?

Especially if they are helping Iran, and Soros.

I noticed in your link they are talking about creating "50" high paying jobs. Note the bold in my quote.

From my link above..

quote:
According to the Financial Times, building war planes is actually part of an industry that Embraer is fairly new to as they are only just “venturing into the defence industry.” Yet, the U.S. government has found them to be more capable and trustworthy than an American manufacturer that already builds hundreds of U.S. military aircrafts and would employ as many as 1,400 new workers across 20 states.

To make matters worse, Hawker was already experiencing trouble as a result of the tumultuous economy and had already announced potential layoffs. With news that they won’t be offered the opportunity to compete as the only American manufacturer for the light air craft contract, expect more bad news to come out of their offices.

Of course, the employees of Hawker Beechraft may not be on President Obama’s nice list these days anyway. It turns out that Hawker Beechcraft employees are represented by the International Association of Machinists (IAM). IAM president, Tom Buffenbarger, is one of the few union presidents without direct access to the White House. Here’s why:

For the video impaired, here’s the takeaway:

“Barack so loved his own performance that he made Galesburg part of his presidential stump speech. That’s right, he’s damn proud of his performance. Well I’m not. All he proved is like Janus, the two-faced Roman god of ancient times. He could act like a friend to the workin’ man. Even as he danced to tune dictated by billionaires. Yes, we’ve seen this act before.”

Curious that the Obama administration would push an American manufacturing company who’d been trusted in the past in favor of a company run by a government directly involved in the continuing move towards nuclear capabilities by the nation most hostile to American interests.

Just wanted an explaination is all..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3313 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All this Iran talk got me thinking...

Do you need more proof that Obamas foreign policy is working?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01...lternate-supply.html

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
and now for the facts...

http://www.flightglobal.com/ne...ederal-court-366386/

I had already read this.

Different subject although linked..

But notice this..

The Air Force, in a one page memorandum, notified the company on Nov. 1 that the AT-6 was excluded from consideration, according to a court filing.

Your link is where they were protesting the AF decision.

I would think maybe the AF contracting might have made a phone call to confirm that HB was not continuing it's bid.

My last job our contracting office did follow up on bids recieved.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3313 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I dont know dave?
I have alot of customers who do contracts with the AF and they are insaine about dotting the I's and crossing the T's.
and when it comes to time lines the bc company knew EXACTLY what the time line for the contract was.

from what i've read the AF didnt think the BC plane would meet mission capabilities and was rejected for that reason.

and as you know what the AF wants the AF gets.

besides the GAO is non-partisan, nothing to to with Obama.

no wonder BC was in trouble look at how they handled the contract to start with and how do you have the 3 blind men running the mail room?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Never dealt with the A. But all companies have time lines and sometimes they adhere strictly to them and other times they have a little wiggle room. I'm just saying our contracting office gave the company's a courtesy call.

All I know is what I read, HB has said they didn't get an explaination as to why their plane was not accepted. Another problem I noticed was the Financial Times saying the Brazilian company was fairly new to building war planes and are only just venturing into the defense industry.

HB from what I understood was trying to sell an older version outfitted to do what the AF wanted.

Dave

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Barack Obama formally notified Congress on Thursday that he plans a $1.2 trillion increase in the U.S. debt limit, prompting Republicans to level election-year charges that deficits are out of control.
Obama, in a one-sentence letter to House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, the top Republican in Congress, said "further borrowing is required to meet existing commitments."
The proposed increase would push the debt ceiling to $16.394 trillion.

Posts: 1245 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
When "dyck obama bin lyin's'" puppet master soros bought an interest in the Brazilian company the American company WAS SCREWED big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirtpimp:
Barack Obama formally notified Congress on Thursday that he plans a $1.2 trillion increase in the U.S. debt limit, prompting Republicans to level election-year charges that deficits are out of control.
Obama, in a one-sentence letter to House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, the top Republican in Congress, said "further borrowing is required to meet existing commitments."
The proposed increase would push the debt ceiling to $16.394 trillion.

I call BS.. Everyone knows Bush did it.. Wink Ice Cream

Dave