Find
Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
David, I did not know that it was protocol for the commander-in-chief, in civilian attire, of course, to render a salute.

I was always of the opinion that a person in civilian attire, military or no, was not to render a hand salute.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
By the way Covey, you do have good military bearing in that pic.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
quote:
Originally posted by 82Blackbird:
Once again the POS Kenyan muslim did not salute the Metal of Honor recipient when it was awarded today. What an embarassment to the military and the country as a whole. This is the second time he has failed to do this.

I just thought I was mad the first time!!$#&*@#

OK, as much as I hate to defend Nobama he is in the right..

Since he wears the mantel of commander in chief he out ranks the Sgt who got the CMH. Superior Officers do not initiate a salute to a lower ranking person. They are required to return the salute when it is rendered to them.

Question. Did the Sergeant salute Obama after receiving the medal? If not then he was wrong, if he did and the salute was not returned then Nobama was wrong..

Dave

It has nothing to do with rank. It has all to do with the Metal of Honor.

All military members are encouraged to render a salute as a matter of respect and courtesy regardless of rank or status. It is not required by law to do so.

obama is the first president NOT to salute the Metal of Honor.

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Once again the POS Kenyan muslim did not salute the Metal of Honor recipient when it was awarded today. What an embarassment to the military and the country as a whole. This is the second time he has failed to do this.

I just thought I was mad the first time!!$#&*@#

OK, as much as I hate to defend Nobama he is in the right..

Since he wears the mantel of commander in chief he out ranks the Sgt who got the CMH. Superior Officers do not initiate a salute to a lower ranking person. They are required to return the salute when it is rendered to them.

Question. Did the Sergeant salute Obama after receiving the medal? If not then he was wrong, if he did and the salute was not returned then Nobama was wrong..

Dave

It has nothing to do with rank. It has all to do with the Metal of Honor.

All military members are encouraged to render a salute as a matter of respect and courtesy regardless of rank or status. It is not required by law to do so.

obama is the first president NOT to salute the Metal of Honor. He is the CIC.

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
The President IS NOT a member of the U.S. Military. He is in command of the military, one of the safeguards of the constitution. The military is controlled ultimately by a civilian.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
David, I did not know that it was protocol for the commander-in-chief, in civilian attire, of course, to render a salute.

I was always of the opinion that a person in civilian attire, military or no, was not to render a hand salute.

I didn't say it was protocol for the CInC to salute but if the sergeant saluted him he should have returned it..
When a subordinate salutes he is supposed to hold the salute until it is acknowledged by the superior.

Ever notice the CInC when he gets off Air Force or Marine One? He is in civilian clothes then. In fact I don't think the president is authorized to wear a uniform is he?

Salutes "can" be made while in civilian clothes, although FM 22-5 says salutes are not required when either the senior or subordinate are in civilian clothes. The last thing the FM says is "In any case not covered by specific instructions, the salute is rendered".

When I went through basic I was taught if you are in civilian clothes and the officer is in civilian clothes, if you recognize them as an officer you are supposed to salute. I know I got my ass chewed for not saluting once while walking on a sidewalk I was in uniform but the officer wasn't.

Example, if you are going in the PX and your commander comes out you will salute, and he will return it.
Guess they forgot to tell us not to when we were off base.

Another example, as a veteran. If I am in civilian clothes and the national anthem is played or the colors pass, at my discretion I can render the hand salute while it is playing or I can place my hand over my heart. This applies only to veterans.

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressre...srelease.cfm?id=1609

And you are right BD I did have good military bearing...LOL
I always took pride in what I did. I even starched my permanent press BDU's.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3314 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just for giggles. This is me on the right receiving the Bronze Star after Desert Storm.

I have already saluted the Battalion Commander and he has returned it. We are returning to the position of attention following the salute, the commander first and I follow. After this he will shake my hand and congratulate me.

Dave

Dave, Thank you for your service and insight on the military. Seems like I remember some Presidents saluting the military but I must admit I do not know when, where, who and how it is correct.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4116 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Blackbird,

Hate to tell you this but you are wrong.. Nobama should have shook his hand and congratulated him, period..

Could the CInC salute them..Sure, who's to stop him? But it isn't appropriate for the CInC as commander or any senior officer to initiate a salute to a subordinate.

Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Covey,

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3314 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Curly,

Thanks.

My favorite President would not return the salute to military personnel and he was a five star general (Eisenhower). He was right saluting is against protocol.

My second favorite Reagan decided he wanted to salute the military. So he did and to he11 with protocol. He said it was a sign of his respect to the military.
I for one appreciated his respect.

All President's since Reagan have saluted (or attempted) the military.

Dave

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well - now that, this is cleared up.

Anyone feel like recanting their rant?

Posts: 1255 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS
General Protocol and Information
SALUTE:
There is no law or military regulation that sets forth a requirement for military personnel of any rank to salute a Medal of Honor recipient. It is presumed that this assumption arises from an old custom in the Army when the Medal of Honor ceremonies included a regimental or brigade parade. The recipient stood beside the officer receiving the “pass in review” and, with that officer, returned the salutes of the company or unit commanders as they passed. However, it is permissible to salute a recipient as a display of respect or honor – whether he is civilian or retired military – when he is physically wearing the medal.
NOTE: If the recipient is still on active duty and is a commissioned officer, those of a lower rank will salute him as per military regulations.

As I stated in different words in above post.

obama was the first presiden NOT to salute the Metal of Honor recipient.

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Curly,

Thanks.

My favorite President would not return the salute to military personnel and he was a five star general (Eisenhower). He was right saluting is against protocol.

My second favorite Reagan decided he wanted to salute the military. So he did and to he11 with protocol. He said it was a sign of his respect to the military.
I for one appreciated his respect.

All President's since Reagan have saluted (or attempted) the military.

Dave

I am glad you cleared this up. I would think Ike would know a thing or two about military protocol.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Poverty continues to rise in U.S., now 15.1%

WASHINGTON -- The number of people in the U.S. living in poverty in 2010 rose for the fourth year in a row, representing the largest number of Americans in poverty in the 52 years since such estimates have been published by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Median household income in the U.S. also declined.

The latest census data highlights the struggling U.S. economy, which has seen unemployment hover at around 9 percent for two years, and which will be a key campaign issue heading into the 2012 election season.

46.2 million Americans were living in poverty

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
It sure seems the left-wing lame stream moron media "dyck obama bin lyin'" cheerleading brigade is throwing in the towel on their messiah!
Word is the ultra left-wing nyt's is preparing a story about "dyck obama bin lyin'" being severely clinically depressed, so dire if he wasn't dragged out of bed to make appearances he wouldn't get up!
How long will it be before these people are calling for the sleeveless jacket so another soros puppet can come forth?????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no law or military regulation that sets forth a requirement for military personnel of any rank to salute a Medal of Honor recipient.

First sentence speaks volumes and i think covey should know as being a Warrent Officer.

Obama is correct and blackie won't admit it....
cough...cough....... Razz

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now the "black caucus has announced the fact "if it was a white in the Whitehouse we would be marching on the Whitehouse!"
Tell me racism isn't alive and flourishing in the FLEEBAGGER party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof that "dyck obama bin lyin'" was simply blathering from his teleprompter yesterday providing red meat for the duped boob IMBECILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"dyck obama bin lyin'" went to NYC last night and these same millionaires and billionaires donated $38,500.00 each to hob-nob with him and mooch-chelle!
Tonight it's $15,000.00 to slop with "dyck obama bin lyin'" and mooch-chelle!
These people know "dyck obama bin lyin'" is lying through his teeth about what he wants and intends to do, they know "dyck obama bin lyin'" is simply trying to get the duped boob IMBECILES back on board the derailed train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dwindling number of duped boob IMBECILES that are still falling for his bull shyt that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Obama White House: 'Compromise By Necessity' Phase Is Behind Us

WASHINGTON -- At the conclusion of the debt ceiling debate this August, there was broad relief inside the Obama White House. The resolution to cut roughly $1 trillion in spending without a single revenue raiser (while planning to find another $1.5 trillion in cuts later) was unbalanced and unpleasant. The process of getting there was even more disquieting. But the president had made it through the one legislative battle that top advisers had warned stood between him and the 2012 elections -- and, incidentally, avoided a government shutdown.

And so, as the administration enters the next stage of deficit reduction talks, it's doing so with its chest notably puffed out.

Unlike the debt ceiling, where he was negotiating with terrorists

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people understand tattoos better than others .

A guy traveling through Mexico on vacation lost his wallet and all of
his identification. Cutting his trip short, he attempted to make his
way home but was stopped by the U.S. Customs Agent at the border."
May I see your identification, please?" asked the agent.

"I'm sorry, but I lost my wallet," replied the guy.

"Sure buddy, I hear that every day. No ID, no entry," said the agent.

"But I can prove I'm an American!" he exclaimed. "I have a picture of
Ronald Reagan tattooed on one side of my butt and George Bush on the
other."

"This I gotta see," replied the agent. With that, the guy dropped his
pants and showed the agent his behind." By golly, you're right!"
exclaimed the agent.

"Have a safe trip back to Chicago ."

"Thanks!" he said. "But how did you know I was from Chicago ?

"The agent replied, "I recognized Obama in the middle."

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post