Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Unions are part of the equation.
High corporate taxes, mandates and idiotic regulations don't have a bearing?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

I asked a very republican friend of mine who is a CFO of a good sized company how he feels about corporate taxes, and he said it never comes into play. The only time that hits them at all is if they stop investing in their company. "Why would we do that?" He said. "If we are out of projects to invest in, and it was that good of a year, the owners take a larger payout, and we still don't pay a lot of corporate taxes. The only way corporate taxes would be an issue is if morons were handling the books."
(He was pretty frank that the payroll tax benefit of the stimulus would probably have no bearing on their decisions either. If they need people for production, they hire people. It all hinges on sales.)
I can't answer the idiotic regulations thing for you since I just don't know much about them. I really haven't run across anything in the business where I work now though. Maybe we are just lucky.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Unions are part of the equation.

And of course it all has bearing on corporate decisions. What weight those bearings have on the decisions is the point of this conversation at this moment.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Just about everybody I know that has been hired in the last few years has been hired through a temp agency because the employer may as well adopt somebody as put them on the payroll!
By the time the employer pays the temp agency the employees wages and the agencies cut they are paying more per hour then it would cost them to hire the person!
WHY would they do this?????????????????????????
Some employers closely monitor people and if somebody is an exemplary worker they may be hired directly!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The rumor that President Barack Obama refuses, or doesn’t know how, to say the pledge of allegiance just won’t die

Dumbo, it wont die because its the truth.

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't answer the idiotic regulations thing for you since I just don't know much about them.

Jobs Bill For Lawyers

Buried in the president's American Jobs Act is a provision that will do nothing to encourage hiring and much to discourage it. Unless, that is, you're a law firm looking for new ways to sue companies.

Leave it to Obama — someone with zero business experience — to lecture companies about what does and doesn't make sense when it comes to hiring. But what makes "no sense" is his charge that companies are "discriminating" against the unemployed in the first place.

Employers are looking for the most qualified person to fill a job, and often that will mean those who have the most up-to-date skills. That may be unfortunate for the unemployed, particularly the long-term unemployed, but it's the exact opposite of discrimination.

It also makes no sense to threaten companies that are already skittish about hiring anyone — unemployed or not — with still more potentially costly legal headaches if they actually do hire someone.

Still, Obama has shoved a provision into his jobs bill that would make it illegal for companies to discriminate against the unemployed, opening the door to a flood of costly, needless and ultimately job-killing legal actions.

As Charles Lane, an editorial writer at the Washington Post put it, this will "probably destroy jobs in a misguided effort to save them," adding that "plaintiffs' lawyers are no doubt dreaming up new ways to wield this new cause of action — make that class action — every time a company turns someone down for a job."

“I agree that there are some rules and regulations that put an unnecessary burden on businesses at a time when they can least afford it,” Obama told the Congress. So why the heck would he create another one?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...gIQAmTFLFK_blog.html

Posts: 2968 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Misguided is probably the best discreption. Let's face it...lawyers can *******ize any legislation, and will. It's assanine that in this economy a business would overlook better qualified unemployed folks to instead steal away curently employed workers from their current workplace. So it is a misguided attempt to correct assanine behaviors by businesses. Hopefully this part of the overall bill will be struck before anything is enacted, if it comes to that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Oh Rats! Do not get me started on lawyers! I have been around the world and no place is worse than America when it comes to laws and lawyers! I feel much of our problems in America is caused by lawyers. I think they are much of the reason health care is so expensive, why you can not get a cup of hot coffee at Mc Donald's I do not like that the rich can get away with murder with a good lawyer.
Ever notice that most of Congress is lawyers? That right there should tell you something.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4116 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Oh Rats! Do not get me started on lawyers! I have been around the world and no place is worse than America when it comes to laws and lawyers! I feel much of our problems in America is caused by lawyers. I think they are much of the reason health care is so expensive, why you can not get a cup of hot coffee at Mc Donald's I do not like that the rich can get away with murder with a good lawyer.
Ever notice that most of Congress is lawyers? That right there should tell you something.

Yep.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU TL!
Now one of you leftists come out from under your rock and tell me the "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime isn't intentionally creating regulations and mandates to destroy JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
THANK YOU TL!
Now one of you leftists come out from under your rock and tell me the "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime isn't intentionally creating regulations and mandates to destroy JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell you that I do not believe there is anything intentional about it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Not intentional?
I'm sure you could find a list of the over 600 regulations that were dealt with in JULY alone and see how many of them will cost JOBS to be lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People are waking up to reality every day!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Touting jobs plan, Obama visits Apex, N.C., where locals are frustrated with him

APEX, N.C. — In this tiny town of 37,000, historic Salem Street still teems with charming mom-and-pop restaurants and stores, such as the Rusty Bucket, that sell country-themed knickknacks. The median family income is $102,000. The town was named a few years ago as the 14th best place to live in the nation.

On Wednesday, President Obama arrived here to tour a manufacturing business and tout the benefits of his American Jobs Act, which the president has said would create jobs and lift economically depressed areas.

On Wednesday, he arrived in Apex to tour WestStar Precision,

Obama to Tout Jobs Act at Company that Outsources

WestStar Precision

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Once again the POS Kenyan muslim did not salute the Metal of Honor recipient when it was awarded today. What an embarassment to the military and the country as a whole. This is the second time he has failed to do this.

I just thought I was mad the first time!!$#&*@#

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 82Blackbird:
Once again the POS Kenyan muslim did not salute the Metal of Honor recipient when it was awarded today. What an embarassment to the military and the country as a whole. This is the second time he has failed to do this.

I just thought I was mad the first time!!$#&*@#

OK, as much as I hate to defend Nobama he is in the right..

Since he wears the mantel of commander in chief he out ranks the Sgt who got the CMH. Superior Officers do not initiate a salute to a lower ranking person. They are required to return the salute when it is rendered to them.

Question. Did the Sergeant salute Obama after receiving the medal? If not then he was wrong, if he did and the salute was not returned then Nobama was wrong..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3314 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He is supposed to put his hand over his heart during Hail to the Cheif also right? Seriously folks. I'm not a fan of his by any stretch. But let's get it straight and not make up stuff to make him look bad. He is perfectly capable of looking bad all on his own.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Just for giggles. This is me on the right receiving the Bronze Star after Desert Storm.

I have already saluted the Battalion Commander and he has returned it. We are returning to the position of attention following the salute, the commander first and I follow. After this he will shake my hand and congratulate me.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3314 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post