DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Real pretty pictures guys, but where is the definitive proof that man has caused this warming?

Also Larry, NOAA says this year so far has tied with 1998 as the hottest. Maybe you lied a little bit.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/s...915_globalstats.html

As far as getting warmer goes, I'm all for it, I hate winter!

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:
quote:
Funny how the chest pounders can sit here and denigrate science when it doesn't support their agenda, but use it as fact when it helps.

Reminds me of when the CP's called BS when it got hot out stating it really wasn't warmer than normal because the equipment was inaccurate, but as soon as it got cold that same equipment was spot on. Wonder why that is.

Maybe you or Larry could tell us whatever happened to NOAA's "above average" hurricane season this year?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Marie, Bushs fault.......lol

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
quote:
Funny how the chest pounders can sit here and denigrate science when it doesn't support their agenda, but use it as fact when it helps.

Reminds me of when the CP's called BS when it got hot out stating it really wasn't warmer than normal because the equipment was inaccurate, but as soon as it got cold that same equipment was spot on. Wonder why that is.

Maybe you or Larry could tell us whatever happened to NOAA's "above average" hurricane season this year?

An average season has 10 named storms and 6 hurricanes. How many have we had so far?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeremy, my question has to do with NOAA, you know the same guys that give us global warming predictions.

Back in May they predicted 14 to 23 tropical storms, with 8 to 14 developing into hurricanes, and 3 to seven becoming major hurricanes.

NOAA Expects Busy Atlantic Hurricane Season

"this season could be one of the more active on record,” said Jane Lubchenco, Ph.D., under secretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator.

So, how is their predictions holding up?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The duped boobs eating up the man-made global warming hoaxers propaganda are real pros at one thing, TOTALLY IGNORING EVIDENCE THAT REFUTES THE PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They ignored the E-mails that detailed the massaged data, outright fabrications, justification for doing it and collusion to silence any dissent! They ignored the link I posted to the REAL scientist that traveled the nation and exposed the fact that instruments are routinely relocated, or not relocated as they should be, to record the highest possible temperatures!
This is simply one more "minor" factoid they chose not to become aware of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why yes I can!

The predication is:

>>14 to 23 Named Storms (top winds of 39 mph or higher), including:
>>8 to 14 Hurricanes (top winds of 74 mph or higher), of which:
>>3 to 7 could be Major Hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5; winds of at least 111 mph)

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/s...urricaneoutlook.html

Last I checked the season is not over yet, i.e. Nov 30, and we already have 14 named storms, check for bullet point one. There have been 7 Hurricanes, one shy of a check for bullet point two, with the remainder of the generally most active part of the season to go, which is almost a gimmie. Then we have had, Danielle Cat 3, Earl Cat 4, Igor Cat 4, Julia Cat 4, so check for bullet point three.

Stats from: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/2010atlan.shtml

I suppose this is all a hoax as well, hummm?

So how does hurricane/tropical storm classification work for you, if a storm isn't a Cat 5 Hurricane and it doesn't go roaring right over your head doing billions in damage it don't count, somehow, is that how it works? You know there is a reason they call it the "ATLANTIC" hurricane season, don't you?

Maybe one or two of my Daddy's old aphorism's might serve you well, they go something like this, "always put your brain in gear, before, engaging your mouth", or this one might work for you as well, "It is better to keep ones mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubt."

So, what would you like to change the subject to this time?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
What poetic justice for the algore sycophants!
Your ally osama bin laden has now openly joined the crusade of misguided duped boob RETARDS in hyping man-made global warming!
The strange thing is he claims it is a larger problem for mankind than war?
Doesn't that undermine his terrorist agenda?
How long does it take a typical student to complete a college education, 16 years?????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
What poetic justice for the algore sycophants!
Your ally osama bin laden has now openly joined the crusade of misguided duped boob RETARDS in hyping man-made global warming!
The strange thing is he claims it is a larger problem for mankind than war?
Doesn't that undermine his terrorist agenda?
How long does it take a typical student to complete a college education, 16 years?????????????????

Bill, I'd really like to know how many relatives you have besides your wife?

Just so I know how many people I should feel sorry for.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Little diversion from the topic here??????????????????????
HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe one or two of my Daddy's old aphorism's might serve you well, they go something like this, "always put your brain in gear, before, engaging your mouth", or this one might work for you as well, "It is better to keep ones mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubt."

Larry, NOAA's past performance in predicting the number of hurricanes has been very bad.

So, as far as getting to that number 8 we shall see.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Larry, NOAA's past performance in predicting the number of hurricanes has been very bad.

So, as far as getting to that number 8 we shall see.

Apparently "this year" NOAA appears to be real close, don't you think? You were questioning about NOAA's performance "this year", or at least it appears so in the quote below.

Quote: Trans Lady,
"Maybe you or Larry could tell us whatever happened to NOAA's "above average" hurricane season "this year"?" (Note please the quotation marks around THIS YEAR in your quote are mine)

So I see you wish to change the subject, this time, to NOAA's "PAST" performance about hurricane predication, in this case that would be called moving the goal posts. Particularly, now that we have ascertained that the current season, which was what you asked about, is pretty much spot on the mark and that this is an above average season.

Let's all hope we don't get an 8th or more, in the next two months.

Another of my Daddy's aphorism's for you, "When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you need to do is, stop digging!"

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Science 15 October 2010:
Vol. 330. no. 6002, pp. 356 - 359
DOI: 10.1126/science.1190653

"Atmospheric CO2: Principal Control Knob Governing Earth’s Temperature"

Andrew A. Lacis,* Gavin A. Schmidt, David Rind, Reto A. Ruedy

Abstract

Ample physical evidence shows that carbon dioxide (CO2) is the single most important climate-relevant greenhouse gas in Earth’s atmosphere. This is because CO2, like ozone, N2O, CH4, and chlorofluorocarbons, does not condense and precipitate from the atmosphere at current climate temperatures, whereas water vapor can and does. Noncondensing greenhouse gases, which account for 25% of the total terrestrial greenhouse effect, thus serve to provide the stable temperature structure that sustains the current levels of atmospheric water vapor and clouds via feedback processes that account for the remaining 75% of the greenhouse effect. Without the radiative forcing supplied by CO2 and the other noncondensing greenhouse gases, the terrestrial greenhouse would collapse, plunging the global climate into an icebound Earth state.

NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, 2880 Broadway, New York, NY 10025, USA.

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/...bstract/330/6002/356

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Larry posted it, must be true!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Larry posted it, must be true!

Non sequitur.

Mikey responded, must be too stupid to understand it, or too lazy to even try.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No Larry, I dont buy into eveything thats posted on the internet like you and the rest of the liberials.

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
No Larry, I dont buy into eveything thats posted on the internet like you and the rest of the liberials.

"Science" (AAAS) is one of, if not the most, prestigious general hard science journals on the face of the planet. I suppose that is also beyond your grasp as well. I guess we should wait to see what Fux News has to say on the subject? Maybe Rush, or your preacher, or who every it is that that tells you what and how you should think on any given subject. Is that it?

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/...bstract/330/6002/356

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Unlike you brain washed leftists that take anything your propaganda masters utter as gospel CONSERVATIVES can reason for them selves!
Maybe that's why CONSERVATIVES don't have to cut-an-paste most everything we post!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Unlike you brain washed leftists that take anything your propaganda masters utter as gospel CONSERVATIVES can reason for them selves!
Maybe that's why CONSERVATIVES don't have to cut-an-paste most everything we post!

You're right BS Billy, conservatives like you don't need to cut and paste or site any sources, because you say the same utterly stupid Bu11sh1t over and over again, just as if repeating it is going to make it true.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Science" (AAAS) is one of, if not the most, prestigious general hard science journals on the face of the planet.

According to you...........

L8R, Mike