DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
MELTDOWN OF THE CLIMATE "CONSENSUS"!
The prestigious InterAcademy Council, an independent association of "the best scientists and engineers worldwide" formed in 2000 to give "high-quality advice to international bodies" has finished a thorough review of ipcc practices and found them badly wanting!
What does the best evidence tell us? That man-made global warming is a mere hypothesis that has been inflated by exagerations and downright malfeasance fueled by the awarding of fat salaries to any "scientist" that will produce the right "results".
The warming "scientific" community, the climategate E-mails reveal, is a tight clique of like-minded "scientists" and bureaucrats who give each other jobs, publish each others papers and conspire to shut out any point of view that threatens their "GRAVY TRAIN"!
In the end greivous harm will have been done, not just to individual scientists reputations, but to the once-sterling reputation of science itself. For that we will all suffer!

This is verbatim with some caps added and punctuation altered.

THE BULL SHYT little man larry POSTS IS ALL PRODUCED BY THE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR PSEUDO SCIENTISTS CHOPPED UP IN THE ARTICLE ABOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Koski,

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
As to the use of ridicule, sorry, you are going to get a dose of that from time to time, anyone that totally disregards the majority of what scientists, and prestigious scientific organizations and institutions in a given field have to say are sure to be ridiculed, you included. Particularly when you come out with blanket statements like "It's a total hoax!!!", which is patent nonsense simply given the shear scale and number of people needed for this to occur

So anyone who does not agree with the great always correct larry will be scorned and ridiculed? Koski is right again, "little man larry".

Man made global warming is a "total hoax". It's very sad you can't see it. Just because a few scientists and prestigious scientific organizations and institutions say it exists does not mean it is true. They said the world was flat at one time too. They were wrong about the theory of Continental Drift(Plate Tectonics). They were wrong about the environmental effect of the BP oil spill. They were wrong about stomach ulcers being caused by bacteria. Scientists are proven wrong every day. There are just as many or more that say it is a hoax. They can't even tell you what the weather is going to be next month but they can tell you what it will be 20 years from now. You have to be a total fool to fall for this hype.

I think Trans Lady's article pretty well spelled it out correctly concerning CO2.

I like the idea of global warming, the warmer it gets the more rainfall we get!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 82Blackbird,

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Funny how the chest pounders can sit here and denigrate science when it doesn't support their agenda, but use it as fact when it helps.

Reminds me of when the CP's called BS when it got hot out stating it really wasn't warmer than normal because the equipment was inaccurate, but as soon as it got cold that same equipment was spot on. Wonder why that is.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Why are alleged atheists so hung up on religion?
The word bible is used all the time without any religious connection!
The prestigious InterAcademy Council, an independent association of "the best scientists and engineers worldwide" formed in 2000 to give "high-quality advice to international bodies" has finished a thorough review of ipcc practices and found them badly wanting!
What does the best evidence tell us? That man-made global warming is a mere hypothesis that has been inflated by exagerations and downright malfeasance fueled by the awarding of fat salaries to any "scientist" that will produce the right "results".
The warming "scientific" community, the climategate E-mails reveal, is a tight clique of like-minded "scientists" and bureaucrats who give each other jobs, publish each others papers and conspire to shut out any point of view that threatens their "GRAVY TRAIN"!
In the end greivous harm will have been done, not just to individual scientists reputations, but to the once-sterling reputation of science itself. For that we will all suffer!

THE BULL SHYT little man larry POSTS IS ALL PRODUCED BY THE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR PSEUDO SCIENTISTS CHOPPED UP IN THE ARTICLE ABOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind Dog Barking

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:
Funny how the chest pounders can sit here and denigrate science when it doesn't support their agenda, but use it as fact when it helps.

Reminds me of when the CP's called BS when it got hot out stating it really wasn't warmer than normal because the equipment was inaccurate, but as soon as it got cold that same equipment was spot on. Wonder why that is.

Want some cheeze with that whine???

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Can't deny it huh?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeremy J.:

The same can be said about you too. Wink

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
So as far a Dr. Laughlin is concerned, if you wish to cite him as an expert in Fractional Quantum Hall Effect theory, I will sit up and take notice, but, not so much on his opinion on the "specifics" of climate science. You do realize his Nobel work was done in 1982-83 or thereabouts and he was awarded the prize in physics about 11 years later in 1998. What does this mean, you might well ask, well it means he falls into the category of gadfly, on one hand, and sage on the other hand. It is obvious he is a pretty smart guy, that I think uses his words with great care and with specific meaning. Unlike some around here, who use some of their words in ways that are not particularly specific or appropriate to the context of the subject they are talking about, nor understand the meaning of words as used in the context of the subject they are reading about.

So what we have here once again is that Trans Lady, like some others here, seems to have posted parts of an article written by George Will in Newsweek from September 12 of this year and it is his opinions and paraphrases, using quotes from Dr. Laughlin, to bolster his, George Will's point of view that we are reading.

Using an authoritative source, such as Dr. Laughlin, to bolster ones point of view is of course a valid thing to do, but cherry picking isn't, and I fear this is what is being done, either by guile or ignorance I would not propose to say. But I can't help but point out that Trans Lady is being a bit disingenuous by not pointing out, number one, where the quotes come from and by whom they are actually written i.e. provide a link, and number two, by posting as her first line in her quotes the name of Dr. Laughlin, it appears she is attempting to convey that it is he that is speaking, when it is actually not Dr. Laughlin, but George Will speaking using small quotes and paraphrases from Dr. Laughlin.

Here is a link to the whole essay written by Dr. Laughlin:
http://www.theamericanscholar....hat-the-earth-knows/

Also,

As well as the whole Newsweek article by George Will:
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/0...t-is-done-to-it.html

Read Dr. Laughlin's essay a couple of times to get a feel for what is being said, then go to sleep and then the next day re-read it again. It helps with comprehension and understanding.

So here are some quotes I have selected from Dr. Laughlin's essay, seeing how it appears we are now using him as the gold standard in our discussions, I would like you to think about them. I would like to point out that I am quoting by full sentences so as to preserve Dr. Laughlin's meaning. Not as Mr. Will seems to have done by quoting from inside a single sentence written by Dr. Laughlin, which gets back to that cherry picking thing.

Quote: Dr. Laughlin
"Humans can unquestionably do damage persisting for geologic time if you count their contribution to biodiversity loss. A considerable amount of evidence shows that humans are causing what biologists call the “sixth mass extinction,” an allusion to the five previous cases in the fossil record where huge numbers of species died out mysteriously in a flash of geologic time."

One must then naturally ask how this damage to biodiversity is occurring; Dr. Laughlin amply provides the answers in the following quote.

Quote: Dr. Laughlin
"Nonetheless, damaging the earth is precisely what’s concerning a lot of responsible people at the moment. Carbon dioxide from the human burning of fossil fuel is building up in the atmosphere at a frightening pace, enough to double the present concentration in a century. This buildup has the potential to raise average temperatures on the earth several degrees centigrade, enough to modify the weather and accelerate melting of the polar ice sheets."

So there is your Dr. Laughlin Nobel laureate in physics, stating in no uncertain terms that we humans are causing the build up of CO2 by burning fossil fuels and that this is enough to modify our weather (climate) and accelerate the melting of polar ice sheets as well as cause a colossal loss of biodiversity, in shall we say the twinkling of an eye, with regard to geologic or climatological time. I think a mass extinction qualifies as a colossal loss, a biodiversity I might add that we humans depend on for our existence and are part of. I'd just as soon not be part of the biodiversity that is lost if you don't mind terribly. Now of course when I say (I'd) I mean humanity as a whole, and not necessarily right this instant, but on a timescale of my grandchildren's children and theirs.

But then again, it's quite apparent that many of those around here don't give two sh1ts, what happens, past the point of thinking about where their next meal is coming from, or how they are going to pay for the next trip to the track. Further still, much less what we as humans do to the planet, now, or the results we will have to deal with for hundreds or thousands of years down the road. You know, fark all that global warming, climate change bu11sh1t, we should all just live for today, the earth will take care of itself. Oops, wrong answer!

So is anthropomorphic climate change due to CO2 increase still a hoax? Is accelerated Arctic sea ice loss also hoax?

Quote: Blackbird
"I think Trans Lady's article pretty well spelled it out correctly concerning CO2."

To which I must reply, the article spells out, "what precisely", in your opinion, with regard to CO2? Maybe you should reread the quotes from Dr. Laughlin I have posted above, a few more times? Along with all the other empirical data I have provided for you in previous postings that you're still ignoring as a worldwide scientific conspiracy to perpetrate a hoax on the whole world. Well Blackbird, is it all still a hoax, are you now going to start calling Dr. Laughlin, a hoaxer as well? After all, he is part of the scientific establishment, an establishment that most of those around here, rail against vociferously. Dr. Laughlin has specifically and unequivocally stated, in the above quotes, exactly the things you claim to be a hoax, are true.

Or are these few sentences that I have chosen to quote from Dr. Laughlin still too difficult for you and others here to understand or do you simply just wish to ignore them and their meaning, as they do not fit with your preconceived predigested and force-fed views of reality.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Run blackie run..Run blackie RUNNNNNNNNN......
Rolling

Larry always comes prepared.
Smile

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
climategate E-mails reveal

What a dupe..........
Rolling

http://factcheck.org/2009/12/climategate/

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:

Blind Dog Barking.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How convent a new Climate Denial Crock of the Week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE7TCvgLqo4

It's all a hoax, right? All them walrus coming ashore during the summer in unprecedented numbers, why it's because the sea ice in the arctic is recovering, right?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's all a hoax, right? All them walrus coming ashore during the summer in unprecedented numbers, why it's because the sea ice in the arctic is recovering, right?

They got cold????????

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
All them walrus coming ashore during the summer in unprecedented numbers

This is good for the Polar Bears........

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am sure you would rather talk about bears and walrus right about now, for sure.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I mean who would have guessed, 2010 shown to be the warmest summer in 131 years!

“According to NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the first 8 months of 2010 is the warmest such January-to-August period in climate records stretching back 131 years. This period was nearly 0.7°C warmer than the average temperature from 1951 to 1980. (NOAA announced roughly the same finding today, using many of the same temperature stations but a different analysis method.) Scorching summer temperatures set records across the United States, and nighttime temperatures hit record highs in 37 U.S. states this summer, the Natural Resources Defense Council will announce in a new report tomorrow.”

AAAS Science

Now some pretty pictures for the reading and hyperlink challenged.

But it’s all just one big hoax, right? Everyone in the whole damn world is in on it, except the geniuses around here.

PS Arctic Sea Ice Volume at all time low

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Larry Heath,

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

<Jeremy J.>
posted

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now this is a real shocker to me after the man-made global warming hoaxers have moved, or not moved as the case may be, the instruments to positions where they can record the maximum temperatures possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.: