DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Can't stick to the topic when you're blown out of the water, huh dragboy!?!?

If you're going to change the subject, at least get the facts straight!

Obamacare website has crashed twice in less than 24 hours.

No true figures are available but States that are reporting have said less than 45% of those who have signed up have actually paid for it.

All across the country there are reports of severely restricted coverages... can't use the doctor, hospital, or treatment center you want or could previously.

The number of enrollees that are receiving subsidies is upwards of +70%.

There are just as many that aren't covered now as there were previously.

Only 26% in a recent non-partisan poll approve of Obamacare.

Premiums are higher in almost all cases.

Yeah, you're even loonier than I thought if you think it's a success and anyone is going to be taking credit for it. I guess that why top Democrat strategist are coaching Democrat candidates

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We'll see Greg, people want what Obamacare offers. It will be tweaked and improved and the righties will moan and groan over and over. Lindsay Graham on Sunday said the repubs should come up with a plan where pre existing conditions won't prevent you from buying coverage and also kids should get to stay on parents plans 'till 26. Sound familiar?????? And why am I blown out of the water when I say we should look at how we live affects the planet? Koski is a dumbass but you don't seem to be. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
gramnasty is a lousy (Republican?) to quote, the rino should be a FLEEBAGGER!!!!!

The RETARD was stymied on the "climate change" topic so he jumped the shark and went to health care?????
I ASK ONE MORE TIME????????????????????????????????????
How the Hell is "totuscare" ever going to work when the majority of doctors and hospitals are opting out of it???????????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Koski is a dumbass but you don't seem to be. Maybe I'm wrong.

What a suck ass hypocrite!!! Hum

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry Mock,

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
gramnasty is a lousy (Republican?) to quote, the rino should be a FLEEBAGGER!!!!!

The RETARD was stymied on the "climate change" topic so he jumped the shark and went to health care?????
I ASK ONE MORE TIME????????????????????????????????????
How the Hell is "totuscare" ever going to work when the majority of doctors and hospitals are opting out of it???????????????????????????

If you read back replies, it was you and dumb fawk Muck that touched on healthcare.

Greg should lecture you CLOWNS but he is too shy to do so and he would be stepping out of line.
Rolling Rolling

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Greggo, why do you care?

You belong to a Union and you get your health care thru your employeer.

HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just want in

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Segner:
quote:
This has been the warmest winter in years down here in Florida, and you might look at how warm the winter has been in Alaska this year as well.

Absolute B.S. according to Duke Energy and others this winter has
been 6 degrees below average here in central Florida.

Well Jim, I didn’t suppose that I needed to point out that when I said “here in Florida” I meant anywhere other than where I live here in Port Charlotte, Florida, in your case I guess I should have been more explicit, sorry. And yes I do know the difference between weather and climate. It appears that most of what I see in the recent past post seems to be talking about weather as well. I have pointed out the differences repeatedly over the years. No one seems to pay much attention, and it appears many continue to try to support their position on climate change by sighting singular weather events, typically cold weather records that are supposed to nullify 50 or 100 years of data that supports the position that climate changes is happening and is to a significant extent induced by mans activities.

It may well be that where you live it was a cooler winter, well at least according to Duke Energy.

In what or near which city do you live? We can look it up from the NOAA weather data. It would be my opinion that there temperature data is more accurate.

So, I am willing to stand by my statement that it has been a warm winter HERE in Port Charlotte, Florida 33948.

So go here http://weatherspark.com/#!grap...48/FL/Port_Charlotte

If you click on the “1 quarter” Icon in the upper left of the screen you will be able to access the interactive graph for this winters temperatures where I live.

Here is the graphic as I see it on my screen:

So, what do we see?

Well in Dec there are 25 days that the low for the day doesn’t even get down to the running AVERAGE low temp for the month, see the bold blue line, and none are out of the 2 standard deviation (SD) range “low” while there are 7 days where the low is more than 2 SD above the mean low. There are only 5 days that even get below average. January typically the coldest month we see 15 days that make it below the mean low temp line with three days outside of 2SD low. But I should point out that a typical winter in these parts usually includes 2 to 4 days of freezing lows, we see none this year, with the lowest temp of the month only getting down to 37 degrees. February has 9 days that get below the mean low line and only one outside of 2SD low, with 19 days above the average low, as well as 9 days where the low outside of the 2SD range on the high side.

Roughly 30 out of 90 days’ with low temps that are below average for the “traditional winter” months, what about that don’t you call a warm winter? Should we start scrutinizing the high temps for this period, as well?

Where is it again you said you live in Florida?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Larry Heath,

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Finally! A liberal posted something useful! Looks like someone is having a good sale on underwear. Liberals usually call them panties. Rolling

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
And why am I blown out of the water when I say we should look at how we live affects the planet?

BLANK, don't like it, LEAVE!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greggo, why do you care?You belong to a Union and you get your health care thru your employeer.HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZERO, shyt running again.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
you read back replies, it was you and dumb fawk Muck that touched on healthcare.Greg should lecture you CLOWNS but he is too shy to do so and he would be stepping out of line.

ZERO, running his mouth about something he knows nothing about!

L8R, Mike

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dumb FAWKING liberals just don't get it!!!
Every time you go to the store you pay for Obama care!! They don't realize that the manufactures, store owners etc. are passing the cost of Obama care on to the consumer!!! That's why "Greggo" is concerned about what the ACA costs...We're all paying for it FAWKING dumbass liberal Banging Head Banging Head

Just like "global warming" every time you buy gasoline, you pay for Obama's green energy BULL SHYT
Because Obummer doesn't want you to buy gas...he wants you to buy $100K Teslas that run on electricity! Banging Head

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Segner:
quote:
This has been the warmest winter in years down here in Florida, and you might look at how warm the winter has been in Alaska this year as well.

Absolute B.S. according to Duke Energy and others this winter has
been 6 degrees below average here in central Florida.

Well Jim, I didn’t suppose that I needed to point out that when I said “here in Florida” I meant anywhere other than where I live here in Port Charlotte, Florida, in your case I guess I should have been more explicit, sorry. And yes I do know the difference between weather and climate. It appears that most of what I see in the recent past post seems to be talking about weather as well. I have pointed out the differences repeatedly over the years. No one seems to pay much attention, and it appears many continue to try to support their position on climate change by sighting singular weather events, typically cold weather records that are supposed to nullify 50 or 100 years of data that supports the position that climate changes is happening and is to a significant extent induced by mans activities.

It may well be that where you live it was a cooler winter, well at least according to Duke Energy.

In what or near which city do you live? We can look it up from the NOAA weather data. It would be my opinion that there temperature data is more accurate.

So, I am willing to stand by my statement that it has been a warm winter HERE in Port Charlotte, Florida 33948.

So go here http://weatherspark.com/#!grap...48/FL/Port_Charlotte

If you click on the “1 quarter” Icon in the upper left of the screen you will be able to access the interactive graph for this winters temperatures where I live.

Here is the graphic as I see it on my screen:

So, what do we see?

Well in Dec there are 25 days that the low for the day doesn’t even get down to the running AVERAGE low temp for the month, see the bold blue line, and none are out of the 2 standard deviation (SD) range “low” while there are 7 days where the low is more than 2 SD above the mean low. There are only 5 days that even get below average. January typically the coldest month we see 15 days that make it below the mean low temp line with three days outside of 2SD low. But I should point out that a typical winter in these parts usually includes 2 to 4 days of freezing lows, we see none this year, with the lowest temp of the month only getting down to 37 degrees. February has 9 days that get below the mean low line and only one outside of 2SD low, with 19 days above the average low, as well as 9 days where the low outside of the 2SD range on the high side.

Roughly 30 out of 90 days’ with low temps that are below average for the “traditional winter” months, what about that don’t you call a warm winter? Should we start scrutinizing the high temps for this period, as well?

Where is it again you said you live in Florida?

It's called WEATHER dumbass! Just think if the world stood still, the wind wouldn't blow, the sun would only shine on one side of the globe 24 hours a day!
Speaking of swamps...I was in your swamp ass state last week and that's exactly what it is a fawking swamp!!!

Jerry Mock

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
Greggo, why do you care?

You belong to a Union and you get your health care thru your employeer.

HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again... only half the truth! Moron still thinks he knows about me.

Greg Stanley

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry, Once again you are talking weather not
climate, your stupid graphs prove it,the time frame you use is a insignificant blink of an eye in geological time.
Solar activity has far more to do with climate than we do. Why do liberals believe they can and should control everyone and everything ?

The question isn't will the Nation survive and recover from an Obama Presidency but can the Nation survive and recover from the uninformed electorate that put him there.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain.”

― Winston Churchill

Posts: 78 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: January 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There are some boobs trying to claim that global warming is causing the poles to shift. Say what!? Never mind the fact that pole-shift is caused by shifts in the earth's core or tectonic plate movement.

Next thing you know they'll be trying to tell us that global warming caused the earthquake off Japan that caused a polar shift of several degrees.

I wonder... polar shift couldn't possibly cause cause changes in the gulf stream or ocean currents, could it? Roll Eyes Wink

Greg Stanley

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Stan, be careful...your going to confuse the "Duped Boobs" with knowledge and truth... No No

Jerry Mock

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stanman:
There are some boobs trying to claim that global warming is causing the poles to shift. Say what!? Never mind the fact that pole-shift is caused by shifts in the earth's core or tectonic plate movement.

Next thing you know they'll be trying to tell us that global warming caused the earthquake off Japan that caused a polar shift of several degrees.

I wonder... polar shift couldn't possibly cause cause changes in the gulf stream or ocean currents, could it? Roll Eyes Wink

Maybe greego would like to give us his personal findings.

Maybe he has measured the distance between his 2 water coolers at work????????

Earth's poles are shifting because of climate change
17:13 13 December 2013 by Anil Ananthaswamy
For similar stories, visit the Solar System and Climate Change Topic Guides

Climate change is causing the North Pole's location to drift, owing to subtle changes in Earth's rotation that result from the melting of glaciers and ice sheets. The finding suggests that monitoring the position of the pole could become a new tool for tracking global warming.

Computer simulations had suggested that the melting of ice sheets and the consequent rise in sea level could affect the distribution of mass on the Earth's surface. This would in turn cause the Earth's axis to shift, an effect that has been confirmed by measurements of the positions of the poles.

Now, Jianli Chen of the University of Texas at Austin and colleagues have shown that melting due to our greenhouse-gas emissions is making its own contribution to the shift.

The wobble in Earth's axis of rotation is a combination of two major components, each with its own cause. One is called the Chandler wobble and is thought to arise because the Earth is not rigid. Another is the annual wobble, related to Earth's orbit around the sun.

Additional wobble

Remove these wobbles, and you are left with an additional signal. Since observations began in 1899, the North Pole has been drifting southwards 10 centimetres per year along longitude 70° west – a line running through eastern Canada.

This drift is due to the changes in the distribution of Earth's mass as the crust slowly rebounds after the end of the last ice age. But Chen's team found something surprising. In 2005, this southward drift changed abruptly. The pole began moving eastwards and continues to do so, a shift that has amounted to about 1.2 metres since 2005.

To work out why the pole changed direction, Chen's team used data from NASA's GRACE satellite, which measures changes in Earth's gravity field over time. The data allowed them to calculate the redistribution of mass on Earth's surface due to the melting of the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets and mountain glaciers, and the resulting rise in sea level. It correlated perfectly with the observed changes in the mean pole position (MPP).

"Ice melting and sea level change can explain 90 per cent of the [eastward shift]," says Chen. "The driving force for the sudden change is climate change."

Greenland thaw

Chen's team calculated that the biggest contribution is coming from the melting of the Greenland ice sheet, which is losing about 250 gigatonnes of ice each year. Another big factor is the melting of mountain glaciers, which contributes about 194 gigatonnes per year. The contribution from Antarctica adds up to 180 gigatonnes per year, but there is considerable uncertainty here because changes in the gravity field due to Earth's crust rebounding are less well understood over Antarctica than elsewhere.

Since the MPP can be accurately measured using multiple independent techniques, its position and drift can be used to gauge the extent of ice sheet melting, especially in between the end of the ageing GRACE mission and the launch of the next generation of gravity-field-measuring satellites, says Chen.

Jean ****ey of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, who was not associated with the study, agrees. "It's a way to monitor climate change by continuing to measure the deviation [of the MPP] from what we have seen in the past," she says.

Chen presented his findings this week at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco.

If you rely on greggos "knowledge and truth" Heaven help us...........................