DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In other news: 375 members of the National Academy of Sciences, including 30 Nobel Prize winners, have just been awarded a new U.S. government grant. During Owebamas speech he said "if you like your climate change you can keep your climate change". Banging Head

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
What kind of learned wisdom could someone gain from a supposed to be "race car parts" salesman, who lives in a little house in Florida.

How about it, Lawrence?

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That all you got? You're going to have to do way better than that.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
“Trump’s Stance on the Paris Climate Agreement is Criticized by 375 Scientists”

“Yesterday, 375 members of the National Academy of Sciences, including 30 Nobel Prize winners, posted an open letter reviewing the basics of established climate science, decrying claims of hoax and hype spouted by Republicans during the presidential campaign and warning against the United States pulling out of the Paris Agreement on climate change.

Although it did not name him, the letter was aimed squarely at Donald J. Trump. Trump has said he would “cancel” the climate deal if elected and starkly flip-flopped in his campaign from a past stance calling for such action.”

NY Times Article

Link to Open letter

I'm not impressed. There are "experts" who believe that believe that the world is warming and that humans are the major contributor to this. And there are very credible scientists who do not believe this. Some are paid to research climate change, and what do you know.....they always find something to research.

Even if the micro warming trend is part of a macro trend......and there is no proof that it isn't a normal cyclical trend...There is no credible proof that the results are cause for the most part by man.

I have said it before: Mother Earth will go through her changes with our without us. She just doesn't care nor does she think we are all that important.

Even if we were to say that there is long term change and humans are fully responsible for it.......what would you have us do about it? What is your plan to make a change? What are YOU doing to make a difference? Maybe the world will follow your lead.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Global warming...nah, we're still coming out of the ice age... Rolling Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Good point, Bucky. If little Lawrence is so worried about it, why doesn't he walk everywhere and stop supporting those evil, fossil fuel burning drag racing machines. Maybe he could stop eating food produced with the aid of those foul smelling tractors and hauled to the grocery store in those awful trucks. While he's at it, turn off the air conditioner at his house
and turn off the lights. Chances are good that the electricity he uses was generated by some type of fuel, or coal.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^ That is the hallmark of any good disenchanted liberal. Bite the hand that feeds him, all the while enjoying all the benefits it provides. I suppose I could have saved some keystrokes and just have said hypocrite.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What about eating far ting cows or drinking their milk or eating cheese? I hope they don't start regulating letting one go. I thought I may have knocked the bottom out of my seat earlier.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

“Yesterday, 375 members of the National Academy of Sciences, including 30 Nobel Prize winners, posted an open letter reviewing the basics of established climate science, decrying claims of hoax and hype spouted by Republicans during the presidential campaign and warning against the United States pulling out of the Paris Agreement on climate change.

Although it did not name him, the letter was aimed squarely at Donald J. Trump. Trump has said he would “cancel” the climate deal if elected and starkly flip-flopped in his campaign from a past stance calling for such action.”

NY Times Article

Link to Open letter

Even if we were to say that there is long term change and humans are fully responsible for it.......what would you have us do about it? What is your plan to make a change? What are YOU doing to make a difference? Maybe the world will follow your lead.

Well Bucky we drive very fuel efficient cars for the most part, my little fleet averages about 45 mpg, it would be up in the low 50’s if I could manage to stay out of my trucks more. My homes are very well insulated and use very high efficiency AC units with seer ratings up in the middle 20’s; a rough estimate says my homes and cars produce 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of CO2 as a US average household. The electric bill on my most recently acquired home went from an average of about $360/mo. to about $80/mo. after all the mods controls and upgrades. The average CO2 production do to electric for my zip is about 38.5 metric tons that house produces through electric use about 11 metric tons of CO2, US average is about 46.5 metric tons. So we hammer on the two biggies, fuel (1) and electric (2) pretty damn hard, and it shows.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Rolling

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12279 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

NY Times Article

Link to Open letter

Well Bucky we drive very fuel efficient cars for the most part, my little fleet averages about 45 mpg, it would be up in the low 50’s if I could manage to stay out of my trucks more. My homes are very well insulated and use very high efficiency AC units with seer ratings up in the middle 20’s; a rough estimate says my homes and cars produce 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of CO2 as a US average household. The electric bill on my most recently acquired home went from an average of about $360/mo. to about $80/mo. after all the mods controls and upgrades. The average CO2 production do to electric for my zip is about 38.5 metric tons that house produces through electric use about 11 metric tons of CO2, US average is about 46.5 metric tons. So we hammer on the two biggies, fuel (1) and electric (2) pretty damn hard, and it shows.

What made you do these things Larry?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
The electric bill on my most recently acquired home went from an average of about $360/mo. to about $80/mo. after all the mods controls and upgrades

Solar?

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12279 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

NY Times Article

Link to Open letter

What made you do these things Larry?

Well a number of reasons actually, in no particular order.

So one reason not the least of which is that it’s good for the environment. I actually do care that the earth doesn’t become a smoldering shyt heap that my grandkids and their kids have to live in. You can hide behind that old “Mother Earth” will take care of things excuse for not attending to the blindingly obvious problems man is causing in the environment all you want, but I still have enough functioning brain cells to see what’s happening and the ability do as much as I can, little though it may be, to help to keep it from happening, so I do.

The products I use in the improvements support businesses and technologies in areas that I think deserve support and will hopefully encourage continued development of these and other green technologies.

It improves the livability, longevity and maintainability of the homes.

It improves the value of the properties now and in the future so If my kids or grandkids can’t or don’t wish to use the properties when my wife and I are gone, there is a better resale value on a more desirable property.

The cost to live in the homes is reduced substantially. Yes there are up-front costs, but I can afford them at this stage of my life. Particularly now that I no longer spend the 10’s of thousands of dollars a year on racing that money can be put to other uses, by the way, most which have a tangible monetary payback more than the simple enjoyment I got out of racing. I also enjoy doing the engineering and design aspects as well as doing the majority of the mods and upgrades myself, which also saves some up-front costs.

So I suppose you could also call it a life style change/maturity sort of thing. I don’t need the adrenalin junky thing in the race cars to get a lot of enjoyment out of life. Racing became just too time consuming, besides all the aggravation and expense involved, it had become all too much like real work, those 6 or 7 second joy ride paychecks weren’t nearly enough payment anymore.

So does that satisfy your curiosity?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
So does that satisfy your curiosity?

So it didn't require a mandate to force you to do what you wanted to do? There were reasons other than the global warming deal I see.

What I am getting at is this was YOUR CHOICE. And I totally respect your choices for what you want to do. You can base that off of fact or beliefs or whatever. But when we start mandating things off of loosely proven things, that really isn't fair or productive. I respect that this is a priority for you. Show some respect for those who do not consider it a priority.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Little Man babbles on and never answered the question. Left Wing Nut Case!

L8R, Mike

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I am getting at is this was YOUR CHOICE.

Bucky, key word right there that the left wingers dont want to hear.

L8R, Mike

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I just bet Lawrence got his ass kicked a lot when he was a kid.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wes, pants was probably more his deal. Kinda like the Village Idiot

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Little Man babbles on and never answered the question. Left Wing Nut Case!

Sorry Mikey, what I didn’t answer “your” question fast enough? Jesus Mikey get a life.

So here is my response to your one word question, “Solar”. Yes.

Yes some solar as in hot water and positive crawl space ventilation i.e. small PV’s drive the DC fans as a heat load reduction measure. It’s better to keep the heat out in the first place then to have to pump it back out after gets into the box you’re trying to keep cool. I don’t do solar as direct replacement for grid power, yet. Power storage and PV efficiency isn’t quite there yet, I am thinking 2 or 3 years and I will try it on one of my houses. Tesla is out with a some high efficiency, like 93% or 94% I think, lithium ion power storage unit at a decent price and I want to see how that shakes out first, wait for production volume to go up and unit cost to go down. PV’s are pretty good efficiency wise and payback is 6 or 7 years right now but they will be better in a few years. I do nearly all of my own engineering and installation which would half the payback time for me. Right now Tesla is bending people over on the install, once production goes up I am pretty sure component parts will start to become available.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The payback in sunny FL is a lot different than it is in Illinois. All pretty neat though. As neat as it is, I don't think everyone should HAVE to do these things. Nor do I think the government should subsidise these efforts.
When we bought the property that now we have our house on, we planted around 1,500 trees, and planted 3 acres of native prairie grasses and flowers. We burn off the grass area every year just like it often happened before humans left their mark on this part of the country. It's a hobby of mine that I enjoy. And its a great wildlife habitat as well. Does it do some good for the environment? I hope so. But it's a choice I made. Not everyone can purchase 25 acres for a project like this. Nor should they have to. I did use low e glass for all the windows in the house. And purchased decent efficiency heating and air con....but not the top efficiency. I spent money on these things where it made sense. Others need to do what makes sense for them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo