DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I remembered the answer Larry. I just thought by now you would have a plausable one, and was giving you a chance to tell us.

The suggestions are implausible in what way? Oh, and please do be mindful of your tagline.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
and please do be mindful of your tagline

Unfricking real! Bucky, it still a free world.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holden Mugroin:
carbon emissions in the U.S. are at a 20-year low without major government interference

Isn’t it great! Well it's only about 15% down from the peak in the middle 2000's and we need to get from the 1500's to the 300 or 400 range asap. But going in the right direction for sure.

The biggest reason is that LNG is a substantially cheaper means of firing electric power plants, than coal and is more efficient into the bargain than coal, and LNG should continue to become cheaper for a while into the future. Further LNG fired power plants produce substantially less CO2, about half as much as coal fired plants. This is the primary reason for CO2 emissions going down.

Also given the fact that current and proposed EPA power plant emissions regulations are making it less and less feasible for coal plants to be built and maintained and that the current designs for LNG plants can easily make all the current and proposed emissions regulations, it’s pretty much a no brainer for power companies to decommission coal plants, convert to and or build new LNG facilities.

I think that government may have guided this change just a wee bit, what do you think?

You might want to take this over to your other thread where Trans Lady is apparently whining that “coal plants going belly up….”, like it’s the end of the world, and from the tone I seem to think she is blaming it all on the EPA/Government regulations. I mean who the he11 would want a power plant that is cheaper to build and maintain, produces cheaper less dirty power, not that the consumers are likely to ever see any savings, when we can use older, more costly, less efficient, and dirtier coal fired plants. Yeah, give me that old 1880’s technology every time.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
we need to get from the 1500's to the 300 or 400 range asap

Definately sky if falling material there. What we "need" is to get from 16 trillion to 0 debt. A financially healthy nation can affort such nonsense, a debtor nation can not.

quote:
it’s pretty much a no brainer for power companies to decommission coal plants, convert to and or build new LNG facilities.

Did we learn nothing from the cash for clunkers giveaway? With real unemployment over 14% and them wanting to expand unemployment out to approx. 2.5 years, tells you the job/tax market is in the crapper and not looking better. Get your priorities straight man, save our country, then save the trees.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
quote:

Stupid!!!!!!!!

Nothing is free anymore.

english is 1 of those clowns who thinks the climate is not changing.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

???

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The leftys don't like your tag line. Some of them don't think this is a free country but then look who they support. No surprise.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think most are overlooking one of the real causes of "Global warming" and that is all of the concrete and blacktop in the world. Temperatures are noticeably warmer in the cities. Even at my house here in Texas you can walk around barefooted in the grass but if you walk on the concrete it will burn your feet.
That concrete draws and holds the heat, trees and grass do not as bad.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The leftys don't like your tag line. Some of them don't think this is a free country but then look who they support. No surprise.

Mikey I was trying to suggest Bucky might bring the “data” if he wished to point out just where and how my suggestions on climate change were implausible. I have no problem with his tagline. You apparently think I shouldn’t express my opinions; Bucky apparently didn’t have a problem.

Now why don’t you run along and maybe pray to your sky daddy for a little bit thicker skin and a few more brain cells, or maybe just some help getting the ones you have to function a bit better. Let me know how that works out for you.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I think most are overlooking one of the real causes of "Global warming" and that is all of the concrete and blacktop in the world. Temperatures are noticeably warmer in the cities. Even at my house here in Texas you can walk around barefooted in the grass but if you walk on the concrete it will burn your feet.
That concrete draws and holds the heat, trees and grass do not as bad.

It's called the urban heat island effect.

"Because some parts of some cities may be hotter than their surroundings, concerns have been raised that the effects of urban sprawl might be misinterpreted as an increase in global temperature. Such effects are removed by homogenization from the raw climate record by comparing urban stations with surrounding stations. While the "heat island" warming is an important local effect, there is no evidence that it biases trends in the homogenized historical temperature record. For example, urban and rural trends are very similar."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now why don’t you run along and maybe pray to your sky daddy for a little bit thicker skin and a few more brain cells, or maybe just some help getting the ones you have to function a bit better. Let me know how that works out for you

I cant move, frozen from the ice age in the 70's. Oh Shyt, they wrong on that one to.

L8R, Mike

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
There is a reason duped boob IMBECILES are duped boob IMBECILES!!!!!
The duped boob IMBECILES rely on sites like wiki where anybody can post bull shyt and totally ignore the E-mails that totally blew up the man-made global warming whack jobs credibility because none of the left-wing lame stream moron media news organizations would report it and it was reported by Fox News!!!!!
Let them bask in their own little make believe worlds, their ****-an-bull tales are just that, bull shyt!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
I don't know how english and old man can survive on what brain cells they can muster up between them.

The hot air those 2 can generate between them is enough to increase "Global Warming".

Rolling Rolling Laughing Laughing

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Old man has to rely on e-mails for his scientific reasoning.

Rolling What a hoot !!!!!!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hey BK, they like the line "Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help". What a couple of fools.

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Now why don’t you run along and maybe pray to your sky daddy for a little bit thicker skin and a few more brain cells, or maybe just some help getting the ones you have to function a bit better. Let me know how that works out for you

I cant move, frozen from the ice age in the 70's. Oh Shyt, they wrong on that one to.

Mikey, you really are quite childish aren’t you?

It’s a shame you are seemingly incapable of carrying on an adult conversation that doesn’t quickly degenerate into childish name calling and innuendo, or for that matter begin directly with it.

Get back with me when you are ready to have an adult conversation about the climate.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
quote:
quote:

It’s a shame you are seemingly incapable of carrying on an adult conversation that doesn’t quickly degenerate into childish name calling and innuendo, or for that matter begin directly with it.

Get back with me when you are ready to have an adult conversation about the climate.

The irony of this post is not wasted on me. Call someone childish and then go on to note the name calling by others. Hmmmm.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gee Larry, thanks for your concern. A conversation with a guy who admitted to making money off the global warming hoax. Thats funny!

L8R, Mike

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Gee Larry, thanks for your concern. A conversation with a guy who admitted to making money off the global warming hoax. Thats funny!

Mike, I must admit that I really don’t know what you are talking about, when you say I make money off global warming, which is not a hoax by the way. Please do, if you can, provide me the quote or quotes here in which you interpreted me as having said I in any way make money off climate change.

I have seen you make this statement any number of times, and frankly I have disregarded it as simple verbigeration.

So find the quote(s) and I will be happy to explain what I was actually saying, or more to the point meant by what I wrote, because I don’t make any money on or off climate change or global warming as you apparently seem to think.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
english always has nothing to offer but bogus remarks with no explanations.

Larry, he cannot back up his accusations.