DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
My question to Larry is: What should we be doing as a nation to avoid the problems you observe? Will those actions help much without the rest of the world participating? What is the solution you propose?

I really wish Larry would comment on this. Therin could lie some common ground. I try to base my opinions on what we know. We know that the earth is warming. What we don't know is how much affect man is having on this warming. Larry can't prove that it is a lot, and I can't prove that it is a little. I think the answer is therefor: Finding ways to reduce emmitions and carbon fuel usage that do not destroy economies. But don't run around messing up people's lives based on a hunch. Just like we shouldn't ignore the problem based on my hunch.
So Larry; What are your suggestions?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky: We know that the earth is warming.
No we don't!

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stanman:
quote:
No we don't!

Most research shows clearly that we are and have been on an overall warming trend. I don't have a problem with that. We go though both cylical and noncylical warming and cooling trends as a planet and have done so long before man was a thought. There is also some pretty good evidence that degradation of the ozone layer contributes to global warming, and some evidence that emmisions contribute to the open area in the ozone layer. But how much is way beyond the ability of our current research to say.
Are we warming? Looks like it. Is it a problem coming? It may be. Are we creating the problem? Impossible to say for sure. Maybe, maybe not.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No we don't!

Greg Stanley

Looking at the big picture, I would say we have been experiencing "global warming" since the end of the last ice-age.????

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky: Most research shows clearly that we are and have been on an overall warming trend.
You mean the bogus research that has been used to the push the man-made global warming agenda!? Or the B.S. from Al Gore!? Or the research from the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that has been roundly rebuked!?!?

You've bought into the leftist media agenda hook line and sinker. For every "research project" from a global warming alarmist there is one or more from actual climatologist and geologist to rebuff it. Check out some of the work by Don Easterbrook, Professor Emeritus of Geology at Western Washington University as just a start.

Greg Stanley

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stanman:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky: Most research shows clearly that we are and have been on an overall warming trend.
You mean the bogus research that has been used to the push the man-made global warming agenda!? Or the B.S. from Al Gore!? Or the research from the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that has been roundly rebuked!?!?

You've bought into the leftist media agenda hook line and sinker. For every "research project" from a global warming alarmist there is one or more from actual climatologist and geologist to rebuff it. Check out some of the work by Don Easterbrook, Professor Emeritus of Geology at Western Washington University as just a start.

Whatever your view is, you can find at least one researcher who has produced data supporting your view.
I listened at length to a professional weatherman locally. Climate change came up, and the only thing he would say is that the data collected in recent history shows warming, and there is evedence around the world that supports that. But he refused to buy into laying blame deal. He said we just don't have the data to support that. I think that is level headed, scientific thinking.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Not a single bite on the wind farms thing? I'm impressed/disappointed! Frown LOL

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5764 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wind farms cause climate change. There's no such thing as free energy. Studies have conclusively shown that the turbines of wind farms slow down winds, disrupting the natural patterns of isobars, creating greater disparities between high and low pressure systems, which generates a cycle of high temperatures and droughts that are only pushed out by increasingly violent storms.

Sorry. Lets not forget the poor birds that fly into the turbines.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
Not a single bite on the wind farms thing? I'm impressed/disappointed! Frown LOL
I have not seen the report/s but it makes perfect sense. I don't know how there can be any significant long term data. Do you have a link?

Ask anyone that has been near a large solar array about the ambient temperature in the vicinity. Based on purely anecdotal evidence I can tell you that the ambient temperature within a mile of the large solar generating station near Kramer Junction in the Mojave Desert was significantly warmer than the rest of the surrounding area.

Greg Stanley

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not seen the report/s but it makes perfect sense. I don't know how there can be any significant long term data. Do you have a link?

That's better! Big Grin

No link. I made it up. Wave

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5764 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's better! Big Grin

Nobody bit on it. It was a pretty good effort though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's better! Big Grin

There are some recent studies about wind farms and increased ground temperature in Texas.

Not made up...

WSJ - Wind farms increase ground temps

Greg Stanley

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
generating station near Kramer Junction in the Mojave Desert was significantly warmer than the rest of the surrounding area.

Good point. That place always seems warmer when traveling through there than the areas around it.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Here, we present new evidence based on maximum latewood density data from northern Scandinavia, indicating that this cooling trend was stronger (−0.31 °C per 1,000 years, ±0.03 °C) than previously reported, and demonstrate that this signature is missing in published tree-ring proxy records. The long-term trend now revealed in maximum latewood density data is in line with coupled general circulation models indicating albedo-driven feedback mechanisms and substantial summer cooling over the past two millennia in northern boreal and Arctic latitudes. These findings, together with the missing orbital signature in published dendrochronological records, suggest that large-scale near-surface air-temperature reconstructionsrelying on tree-ring data may underestimate pre-instrumental temperatures including warmth during Medieval and Roman times. The website of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz published a more reader-friendly explanation of the study Monday:
Professor Dr. Jan Esper's group at the Institute of Geography at JGU used tree-ring density measurements from sub-fossil pine trees originating from Finnish Lapland to produce a reconstruction reaching back to 138 BC. In so doing, the researchers have been able for the first time to precisely demonstrate that the long-term trend over the past two millennia has been towards climatic cooling. "We found that previous estimates of historical temperatures during the Roman era and the Middle Ages were too low," says Esper. "Such findings are also significant with regard to climate policy, as they will influence the way today's climate changes are seen in context of historical warm periods." For the first time, researchers have now been able to use the data derived from tree-rings to precisely calculate a much longer-term cooling trend that has been playing out over the past 2,000 years. Their findings demonstrate that this trend involves a cooling of -0.3°C per millennium due to gradual changes to the position of the sun and an increase in the distance between the Earth and the sun.
"This figure we calculated may not seem particularly significant," says Esper. "However, it is also not negligible when compared to global warming, which up to now has been less than 1°C. Our results suggest that the large-scale climate reconstruction shown by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) likely underestimate this long-term cooling trend over the past few millennia."
Americans sweltering in the recent record-breaking heatwave may not believe it - but it seems that our ancestors suffered through much hotter summers in times gone by, several of them within the last 2,000 years. A new study measuring temperatures over the past two millennia has concluded that in fact the temperatures seen in the last decade are far from being the hottest in history.

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are some recent studies about wind farms and increased ground temperature in Texas.

Here lately, I don't know how you could tell. Hell is cooler at times than it is in Texas.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I haven’t had the opportunity to stir this pot as often or as well as I should, so here we go.

Climate 2013: Perspectives of 8 Scientists

Sea ice around the North Pole melted away to record-breaking levels over the summer of 2012, surpassing the previous 2007 record by 293,000 square miles — an area about the size of Texas.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I haven’t had the opportunity to stir this pot as often or as well as I should, so here we go

Arent you the clown who makes money off global warming?

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The Earth is changing. As it has since its creation.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Where are all the DRR armchair experts that don't believe the earth is warming?

Still stuck on stupid................

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh look, Butt Sucking BobH shows up.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post