DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a few more years down the road came a guy by the name of Einstein, photoelectric effect.

Didn't Albert believe in God?

"Religion is a socio-political system for controlling people's thoughts,
lives and actions, based on ancient myths and superstitions, perpetrated
through generations of subtle yet pervasive brainwashing of the young."

--L.G.Heath

Jim McKelvey

Posts: 681 | Location: Snellville, GA USA | Registered: January 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
oh shiet call al gore , high of 23 expected tomorrow after -25 yesterday morning . i really got to figure out how to keep the tire smoke off the snow .....

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ET2278:
quote:
Just a few more years down the road came a guy by the name of Einstein, photoelectric effect.

Didn't Albert believe in God?

You sure you want to go down this road Jim? Some of the natives around here will likely get there panties in a great big wad.
Oh what the he11, you opened the door, I will be happy to walk right through, thank you very kindly.

So, no, Mr. Einstein did not believe in the sick twisted sexually perverted misogynistic psychopath that is the personal god as dreamed up and enshrined by some of man’s most twisted minds in the Christian bible. Yes the Christian bible that greatest of handbooks of man’s inequity to his fellow man. Much like a good number of our founding fathers, I would describe him as a deist. The wonderment of the universe and its understanding was their idea of god and his.

Some quotes from Mr. Einstein if it pleases you.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2

The desire for guidance, love, and support prompts men to form the social or moral conception of God. This is the God of Providence, who protects, disposes, rewards, and punishes; the God who, according to the limits of the believer's outlook, loves and cherishes the life of the tribe or of the human race, or even or life itself; the comforter in sorrow and unsatisfied longing; he who preserves the souls of the dead. This is the social or moral conception of God.

- Albert Einstein, New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.

- Albert Einstein, 1936, responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray; quoted in: Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffmann

Nobody, certainly, will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent, just, and omnibeneficent personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history. ...

- Albert Einstein, Science and Religion (1941)

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Jim, i'd be very careful in grouping with the likes of old man and the shovel boy.

Old man gets his info from e-mailings and shovel boy gets his knowledge from burning tires. Rolling Rolling

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
nothing like burning rubber , too bad you missed this is a drag racing website Eyes

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Who am I to say, but Mr. Einstein had an astute way of expressing his intellect.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2356 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
Since you left the door open..................

“My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit, …That superior reasoning power forms my idea of God.”
Albert Einstein, The Quotable Einstein, ed. Alice Calaprice (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press,

“I want to know how God created this world. I want to know his thoughts.”
E. Salaman, A Talk with Einstein The Listener 54 (1955)

“My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws.”
Einstein in conversation with W. Hermann in Hermann’s book Einstein and the Poet

Every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men.”
Einstein to P. Wright 24 January 1936, Einstein Archive reel 52-337;

“Behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force is my religion. To that extent, I am in point of fact, religious
H.G. Kessler, The Diary of a Cosmopolitan (London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1971), p.322, quoted in Max Jammer, Einstein and Religion

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”[
Quoted in H. Dukas and B. Hoffman, Albert Einstein – The Human Side

Jim McKelvey

Posts: 681 | Location: Snellville, GA USA | Registered: January 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since you left the door open..................

“My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit, …That superior reasoning power forms my idea of God.”
Albert Einstein, The Quotable Einstein, ed. Alice Calaprice (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press,

“I want to know how God created this world. I want to know his thoughts.”
E. Salaman, A Talk with Einstein The Listener 54 (1955)

“My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws.”
Einstein in conversation with W. Hermann in Hermann’s book Einstein and the Poet

Every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men.”
Einstein to P. Wright 24 January 1936, Einstein Archive reel 52-337;

“Behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force is my religion. To that extent, I am in point of fact, religious
H.G. Kessler, The Diary of a Cosmopolitan (London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1971), p.322, quoted in Max Jammer, Einstein and Religion

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”[
Quoted in H. Dukas and B. Hoffman, Albert Einstein – The Human Side

I did not leave the door open; you choose to put forward the idea that Dr. Einstein had a belief in a personal god. I simply used his words to point out that he did not. Be that as it may.

Once again, as I have tried to point out previously, Albert Einstein by his own words did not believe in a “PERSONAL GOD”, you are on the other hand are trying to conflate his use of the word god, to your meaning, that of a personal god, the god of the bible or other gods of the desert dogma’s.

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

Read the above quote over and over, it is the essence and extent of Albert Einstein’s thoughts on religion, yours or any other.
You believe in a personal god, he did not. It is of course a lie that has been systematically repeated, and you appear to subscribe to, low these many years after Albert Einstein’s death, in an attempt to support the contention that there is a personal god. A god whom Einstein specifically denied, “I do not believe in a personal god”, read the quote again. All the rest is simple poetry, spiritualism, natural religion and wonderment at the thought of the universe as he knew it by way of the scientific method. Much of the rest was his way of allowing others who did not possess his immense scientific understanding to somewhat better understand the enormity of what he at that time, alone, could see and feel.

You are continuing the revealed religious tradition of spreading lies, supposedly endorsed by Dr. Einstein, in your attempt to support your belief in a personal god by using the words of Dr. Einstein to do so. He did not believe in your personal god. Read the quote yet again. You are engaging in a fallacious argument; it is called the Appeal to Authority. Albert Einstein was not an authority on or in religion, which is a requirement to speak as an authority on a given subject or to be used as an authoritative source of information on a given subject.

His religion was science and the universe his god. When you can provide me with mathematical formulas that so eloquently describe your personal god, as Dr. Einstein did for his, then, I might begin to believe in the existence of your god. Until then I feel that Dr. Einstein’s form of Natural Religion is what I will adhere to.

You might read David Hume’s “Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion” for a broader understanding of the concept of Natural Religion.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1236 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
quote:
His religion was science and the universe his god. When you can provide me with mathematical formulas that so eloquently describe your personal god, as Dr. Einstein did for his, then, I might begin to believe in the existence of your god. Until then I feel that Dr. Einstein’s form of Natural Religion is what I will adhere to

With all your worldly knowledge, where did I make any reference to "my god". You have no idea who I am or what I believe. What you have is your opinion, no facts.

Jim McKelvey

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
It has to take one sick puppy to spend hours and hours trying to control other peoples beliefs!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
It has to take one sick puppy to spend hours and hours trying to control other peoples beliefs!!!!!

Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
His religion was science and the universe his god. When you can provide me with mathematical formulas that so eloquently describe your personal god, as Dr. Einstein did for his, then, I might begin to believe in the existence of your god. Until then I feel that Dr. Einstein’s form of Natural Religion is what I will adhere to

With all your worldly knowledge, where did I make any reference to "my god". You have no idea who I am or what I believe. What you have is your opinion, no facts.

True enough, all speculation on my part, but I don’t see you being very forthcoming.

Given where you live I think it’s a pretty decent bet, I say way better than 50/50 I’d go as high as 90/10. In Gwinnett County there is somewhere up near 200 churches in that county alone and nearly 50 in your zip code, 30039. Given some of the prevailing social/cultural and religious views in your neck of the woods, near the Stone Mountain area, I am pretty darn sure you’re not an African American Jewish sex therapist specializing in frigidity issues in teen age girls. Let’s be honest here a person could hardly fling a dead cat where you live without hitting a bible thumper and maybe even hitting a second on the rebound. So tell me I am wrong?

My position within these environs with regard to religion and the existence of personal gods, or any god, is quite well known. I have expressed it, I think fairly clearly and repeatedly over the years, a fact that you cannot be wholly unaware of by the fact that you appended my own quote to your question.

Therefore if you are asking the question if Einstein believed in God, it does seem to me obvious that you are asking the question having at least some fore knowledge of what my response would be. For my part I can only assume that you do hold a position, contrary to mine, that there is a personal god and you wish to use Dr. Einstein’s words in support thereof. If this is not the case, please do try and make whatever point it is you wish to make, in a way that I do not need to make any guesses about or assumptions of what that position actually is. Otherwise don’t get pissy if I guess.

If you wish to discuss religion and the existence of a god, I am most happy to do so, state your position and provide evidence to support that position. If it is or was something else with regard to the Einstein quote, well then please do make your point, whatever that point might be?

Frankly it is my opinion that your statement, “You have no idea who I am or what I believe”, is you running quickly away from a discussion you started, but apparently no longer wish to participate in. If that isn’t the case, well then speak up and tell (me) us what you do think regarding the concept of god, personal or otherwise? What no cohunes, don’t want to dance with the devil, you know one of my other user names on the web is LGH666. Just think of the tales you could tell at Wednesday night bible studies.

You go to Bethany Church just down the road from you, or some other?

As an aside, I am envious if the building behind where it appears you park your racecar trailer is a shop; the Google Maps picture is from 2008, so I am sure things could have changed by now. Anyway I sure wish I had one, shop that is, not a god. Wink

Or would you just like to go back to talking about Climate Change? Either way I am always happy to chat.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
this is one fukdup dude Roll Eyes

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirtpimp:
this is one fukdup dude Roll Eyes

You couldn't make 1 hair on his ass.

You are the 1 who is always full of shiott and can never back up your comments or beliefs.

Pathetic to say the least. Roll Eyes

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
whats up mexico bob , still lurking huh . Eyes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
quote:
quote:

True enough, all speculation on my part, but I don’t see you being very forthcoming.

Given where you live I think it’s a pretty decent bet, I say way better than 50/50 I’d go as high as 90/10. In Gwinnett County there is somewhere up near 200 churches in that county alone and nearly 50 in your zip code, 30039. Given some of the prevailing social/cultural and religious views in your neck of the woods, near the Stone Mountain area, I am pretty darn sure you’re not an African American Jewish sex therapist specializing in frigidity issues in teen age girls. Let’s be honest here a person could hardly fling a dead cat where you live without hitting a bible thumper and maybe even hitting a second on the rebound. So tell me I am wrong?

Once again your wrong. You use google to find out who I am.?? You still have no facts, just you flawed opinion. First off your comment about the African American Jewish sextherapist, was your first error, as if you had any idea what you were talking about, you would have know that, where you thought I lived was 90 black. Your misconception of where I live shows your intolerance and bigotry. Have you ever been where you ASSUMED i lived? Nope just some google earth photos showing an old address for me, and you think you found something. I really like how you assumed you knew the social/cultural and religious views of "my Area" . You had no idea what happened here in the 90's but your assumptions of what is goes on here are laughable..

My position within these environs with regard to religion and the existence of personal gods, or any god, is quite well known. I have expressed it, I think fairly clearly and repeatedly over the years, a fact that you cannot be wholly unaware of by the fact that you appended my own quote to your question.

Therefore if you are asking the question if Einstein believed in God, it does seem to me obvious that you are asking the question having at least some fore knowledge of what my response would be. For my part I can only assume that you do hold a position, contrary to mine, that there is a personal god and you wish to use Dr. Einstein’s words in support thereof. If this is not the case, please do try and make whatever point it is you wish to make, in a way that I do not need to make any guesses about or assumptions of what that position actually is. Otherwise don’t get pissy if I guess.

Once again, just your assumptions. You have no idea what my beliefs are but you'll just go on making assumptions as if they are facts.

If you wish to discuss religion and the existence of a god, I am most happy to do so, state your position and provide evidence to support that position. If it is or was something else with regard to the Einstein quote, well then please do make your point, whatever that point might be?

Frankly it is my opinion that your statement, “You have no idea who I am or what I believe”, is you running quickly away from a discussion you started, but apparently no longer wish to participate in. If that isn’t the case, well then speak up and tell (me) us what you do think regarding the concept of god, personal or otherwise? What no cohunes, don’t want to dance with the devil, you know one of my other user names on the web is LGH666. Just think of the tales you could tell at Wednesday night bible studies.

Again all you do is make accusations. Tell me specifically where I go to Wednesday night bible class? Can you do that or are you assuming again??
You go to Bethany Church just down the road from you, or some other?

There are 2 church's closer to where you thought I lived. Both are predominantly black parishioners. Why didnt you assume i went to one of those.

As an aside, I am envious if the building behind where it appears you park your racecar trailer is a shop; the Google Maps picture is from 2008, so I am sure things could have changed by now. Anyway I sure wish I had one, shop that is, not a god. Wink

Or would you just like to go back to talking about Climate Change? Either way I am always happy to chat.

Jim McKelvey

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Cold here today and for the next couple. Coldest it has been this year. A record for the year.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I've waited almost three (3) years for the duped boob IMBECILE man-made global warming alarmist sycophants to discover this little nugget of "TRUTH and FACTS"!!!!!
On February 14, 2010 it was made public that the "inventor" of the VAUNTED "hockey stick graph", Phil Jones, "conceded the possibility.....global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon" and further stated "that for the last fifteen (15) years there has been no 'statistically significant' warming!!!!!"
How many times since then has "little man" larry heathen referred to a graph the "inventor" has thrown under the bus?????
This must have been hidden from the duped boob IMBECILES as mysteriously as the East Anglican E-mails that blew the lid on all of the bogus data and chicanery the "ALARMISTS" had concocted!!!!!

Apparently snopes must not have even tried to refute these facts and truths??????????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In this case maybe you should acquaint yourself with what a straw man argument is.

Also maybe you should acquaint yourself with something besides cartoons as a form of discourse. It seems apparent you are incapable of making any form of reasoned argument on your own. It is quite difficult to decide who or what is the bigger joke, you or your chosen cartoon of the day.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!