Find
Notify
Tools

Todays News
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
China ascends to number two on Fortune 500

Two years after eclipsing Japan as the world's second-largest economy, China stole the number-two spot on the Fortune 500 list of the biggest global companies from its Asian rival.

In its annual revenue rankings, Fortune magazine said that China overtook Japan for the first time, landing 73 companies on the list compared with Japan's 68 companies.

"Although the US still hosts the lion's share of Global 500 corporations, no country has lost more companies during the last decade. There are 132 US-headquartered businesses on this year's list, down from 197 a decade ago,"

wringing productivity out of their workers

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Demand for guns in Colorado jumps in wake of movie massacre

Colorado gun stores are seeing a big jump in demand for firearms since last Friday's massacre at a midnight movie showing in Aurora.

Background checks for people wanting to buy guns in Colorado reportedly increased more than 41 percent after last week’s Aurora movie massacre. The Denver Post reports that firearm instructors have also seen increased interest in training needed for a concealed-carry permit.

"It's been insane," Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker told the newspaper Monday.

'I didn't think I needed a gun, but now I do,' "

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The whack job shooter was deranged enough the owner of a shooting range denied him membership!
BUT, that didn't deter the U.S. government from endowing him with a grant of $26,000.00 of United States tax payers money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The kicker is he used the money from this grant to buy his "killing equipment"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I see the Indians, in India, are in a frenzy about the whack job, the FLEEBAGGERS have not been able to label him a Taxed Enough Already supporter, YET, shooting their transplanted citizens!
Maybe they should be more concerned about WHY hundreds of thousands of their citizens have abandoned their country for the U.S.????????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

New Mars rover Curiosity photos intrigue NASA scientists

Color panorama photos taken by the Mars rover Curiosity are the latest in several reveal images transmitted since the mission began on Sunday.

‘Just wait till you see the good stuff.’

PHOTOS: Mars rover mission

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

After nearly 80 years, Augusta National finally has women in green jackets

The home of the Masters now has green jackets for women.

In a historic change at one of the world’s most exclusive golf clubs, Augusta National invited former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South Carolina financier Darla Moore to become the first female members since the club was founded in 1932.

2 of them

Gpa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Feds end probe of 'America's toughest sheriff' Joe Arpaio; no charges

The federal government has closed a criminal probe of alleged financial misconduct by Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio, who styles himself as "America's toughest sheriff," and no charges will be filed, the U.S. Attorney's Office said on Friday.

A separate federal investigation relating to allegations of civil rights abuses by Arpaio's office is continuing.

"I am against anyone racial profiling"

Gpa

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Apparently "totus" didn't turn NASA completely over to the muslims!
My nephew just got a NASA grant for $345,418.00 to study the atmosphere on Mars!
From a bankrupt nation!
Maybe he'll be able to serve quality beer now?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Our vaunted monorail in Vegas, which I predicted would be a money pit before they even began construction, has new life!
After bankruptcy wrangling the "monorail" was able to shed all but $13,000,000.00 of $787,000,000.00 of debt! Who feels sorry for the boobs that invested? All they had to do was eyeball the "people mover" in New Fallujah to get the picture!
Now "the monorail" is looking to federal money to stay afloat, what are the odds?
"the monorail" had to post a bond to tear it down if it failed. Where is that money?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"Fearless" Felix Baumgartner's supersonic skydive

Felix Baumgartner: Supersonic Skydive 'Like Swimming Without Touching the Water'

"Fearless" Felix Baumgartner's supersonic skydive from 24 miles above the New Mexico desert was a rousing success, and the Austrian daredevil has described his speed of sound shattering descent as "like swimming without touching the water."

Baumgartner, whose Sunday freefall was watched around the world, was at one point traveling at 833 mph or Mach 1.24, and he shattered the speed of sound during his 4 minute 20 second freefall. He is the only human to do so without the aid of a supersonic jet or space shuttle.

"It's like swimming without touching the water, and it's hard because every time it turns you around you have to figure out what to do. So I was sticking my arm out then it became worse," he said. "I had a lot of pressure in my head. But I didn't feel like I was passing out. I was still feeling ok, I -- I thought, 'I can handle the situation.' And I did."

"Fearless" Felix

Zell/Granny 2012

Augusta Warrior Project

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

‘Mullah Radio’ believed to be behind attack on Pakistani schoolgirl

The Taliban leader who apparently ordered the assassination of a Pakistani schoolgirl last week may not be well-known outside the remote, picturesque Swat Valley. But there he is infamous for his long campaign against female education.

Mullah Fazlullah, the 30-something leader of a local Taliban branch, is also well-known to a very different set of people: U.S. troops who have been gunning for him since he fled into neighboring Konar province in Afghanistan three years ago.

a priority target for NATO

Zell/Granny 2012

Augusta Warrior Project

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2012 New York City Marathon canceled

NEW YORK —
The New York City marathon, scheduled for Sunday morning, has been canceled, ABC News confirmed.

It was not immediately clear if the race would be rescheduled.

As of mid-morning Friday, marathon organizers were unsure how they would get runners to the starting line Sunday, yet another obstacle in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
City and race officials had faced massive criticism from New Yorkers and thousands on social media for not canceling or postponing the marathon earlier.

Race officials, NYC Mayor had faced
intense criticism

Gpa

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
12 for 12 on the NFL games for the weekend!
If the Steelers can whip the Chiefs the choice between a Camaro and a Silverado is in store!
Considering wagering on the Chiefs on the money line to cover both sides!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

For VA, mountains of disability claims remain a problem as vets wait for help

As President Obama’s first term winds down, his administration has reported significant progress in combating several high-profile veterans problems, including reducing unemployment and homelessness

“Over the past two years, VA has gone backward

Barack Obama Broke Promise to Honor Cold War Veterans

President Barack Obama once promised, as a U.S. Senator, to honor veterans of the Cold War, who have never received official recognition and are therefore prevented from full participation in many Veterans Day celebrations. But he never fulfilled that promise--neither in the Senate nor the White House--leaving Cold War veterans in the cold.

the president has, disgracefully, failed to honor his promise.
Disgrace:

Augusta Warrior Project

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Obama considering John Kerry for job of defense secretary

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

“Who the hell knows,” Panetta said

Augusta Warrior Project

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
A tax cheat as Secretary of the Treasury, now a confessed war criminal as Secretary of Defense and a serial liar as Secretary of State!
They fit right in with the lying half-breed illegal alien!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post

Most of you will get it.. Several will not...

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Surprise! Jobless Claims Up 78,000 Week After Election; PA, OH Worst Hit

From the Department of Labor press release this morning:

the week ending November 10, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 439,000, an increase of 78,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 361,000. The 4-week moving average was 383,750, an increase of 11,750 from the previous week's revised average of 372,000.

Ohio 6,450 new jobless claims

Augusta Warrior Project

I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair