DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fees? 1/8 ?

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Ok the big cheese said it is going to be $110.00 for all three days. Has not decided if 1/8 or not.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well they could always wait till they call first round up to decide on 1/8 or 1/4. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Clint remain Clam. Cool

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
sounds like a good race......might have to change my holiday plans.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
with having the same format as the Pumpkin Race. The program itself needs to be ran smarter.

Time management is everyones friend.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Ok the big cheese said it is going to be $110.00 for all three days. Has not decided if 1/8 or not.

1/4 would be nice. Not to many 1/4 mile weekend events around, and the older crowds love that.

Plus, QC doesn't seem to run any more cars in an 1/8 program than they do when they run 1/4. With 1/8, the cars still go to the second turn off, and the starters still wait until they pull off. At least with full 1/4 passes, and the way they run the starting line, cars are pulling the entire length.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The starter doesn't always wait. Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And 1/8 brings way more cars!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:

Really? I've never heard of someone skipping a good weekend because its 1/4 mile (at least up north). I HAVE heard, and race with several guys, that won't run 1/8 mile. Call them old fashion, but just my experiences.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:

Really? I've never heard of someone skipping a good weekend because its 1/4 mile (at least up north). I HAVE heard, and race with several guys, that won't run 1/8 mile. Call them old fashion, but just my experiences.

Really? I know several racers that won't go to PRP unless it's 1/8 mile, several that returned to QCMP when they went to 1/8 for Top class, some that returned to National Trails when they switched Super Pro to 1/8, several that won't go to Thompson unless the event is 1/8 mile and some that only go to Norwalk for special events that are 1/8 mile but never seen a guy stay home on a weekend because it wasn't 1/4 mile.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
QCMP S/P car went up after switching to 1/8. Their best car count event every year starts 1000', but ends up 1/8 by 1st round Friday night.

So yes I will stand by my statement.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
whats norwalk race on?oh thats right 1/4 mile... Ice Cream

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
whats norwalk race on?oh thats right 1/4 mile... Ice Cream

They race on a race track duh!!! Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Asked Bader this winter if he was going to re-visit the 1/8 mile question. He said and I quote " not this year, but its almost certain SMP will be a 1/8 mile track with in the next three years". end quote

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok Opening day was crazy. IMO I think that any car with a roll cage regardless if it is 8 point etc, should have a required engine diaper. Not only was the track timing wasn't working correctly but also you had 3 straight oil downs. End of Rant. Let the talking begin.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I was same way at Norwalk first points race except for the timing system problem.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 519M:
Ok Opening day was crazy. IMO I think that any car with a roll cage regardless if it is 8 point etc, should have a required engine diaper. Not only was the track timing wasn't working correctly but also you had 3 straight oil downs. End of Rant. Let the talking begin.

Not certain, but I believe the last oil down was a tranny problem. An engine diaper would not help that clean-up....That being said, its day one....lots of crap always happens on day one.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
One thing I will say is that these diapers are supposed to be mandatory on cars running faster than 11 seconds and suggested for any cars running between 11 and 11.50. That being said, no one looked under my hood during tech to make sure that my car had one. I know its first day, but this should be a mandatory portion of the tech inspection if we are mandating the diaper. JMO.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It should be mandatory 100% don't have one you don't race. The track needs to enforce it or keep what they are doing sign the card and off you go lol. Tranny problem can't do nothing about it. However the driver should have know that his tires weren't spinning. lol Just saying.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post