DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bill...the entire Barr family deserves it as Bill and Vickie were right up there as well.

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Multiple inductee's are fine but we need to get some kind of fund started to supported it. I started this myself 3 years ago. I had the main plaque made that hangs in the track office as well as the smaller one that the inductee takes home. I have the engraving done every year and pay for their entry to the banquet. This year I picked Vivian up and took her home. Now I don't have a problem because it was my idea and i enjoy watching it grow,but multiple people could get costly.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
EMMIT BARR.1 of the greats when i think of quaker city..sure i spelled his name wrong..

Close....."Emmett"
And thanks for the thoughts guys. Tons of deserving drivers out there.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
George,

I do not understand why the track is not supporting this idea. Are you kidding me? They don't cover the cost of the meal and the cost of the plaque and yet they get the joy of having their name associated with it....If it is going to be funded by the racers, then it should be named after the racers and not QCMP. I am shocked to find out that they will not even support this. Has anyone asked?

I would be willing to help sponsor this idea but only if the track pays more than half the cost and provides a free meal to the inductee and their significant other. Otherwise, I would want it named after those that are putting up the money to support this.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If the ownership doesn't feel the facilities history and heritage isn't worth the effort, then eliminate it's association from it.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to upset the apple cart here. I kinda think of it as a donation to the cause. We all have ideas to help the track prosper and grow. Yes this is something that the track should be doing along with other things. I've got ideas in my head all the time for the track. flashy uniforms for one. Quaker always had a lettered up truck. My co.name is on all my vehicles. It's a big moving sign. The car shows my idea also. If I was retired like elwayneo and lived closer to the track, they would get sick of me. AH SHUT UP MADMAN

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And another thing. there will be a freaking quick 16 next year. THERE NOW UM DONE .

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And just one more thing. Clint quit bein a jack ars, culp, um gonna smash into that monti when see it next time and Andy, your one funny S.O.B NOW UM REALLY DONE

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I was retired like elwayneo and lived closer to the track, they would get sick of me. AH SHUT UP MADMAN

Eyes

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
And just one more thing. Clint quit bein a jack ars, culp, um gonna smash into that monti when see it next time and Andy, your one funny S.O.B NOW UM REALLY DONE

The Madman hath awaketh.....finally. However, I have to disagree with the above statement. Please allow me to reword it as follows:

Andy, you're a jack arse. Madman, the only way you smash into that monti is if it is parked in your trailer after first round of no box, and Clint, you are one funny dude.....LOL.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Let's see I am being an a$$ for not going to a banquet that I would be sitting in a corner by myself and can't hear **** that they are talking about all the while the only possible award I might win is one for crying about how the slow program is run and so on. Thanks George because I always thought I was just a dikhead.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I have a quick question for the Top class racers. Is 2016 gonna run 1/8 mile or 1/4 on saturdays' program ? Paperwork received at Pittsburghs car show said Top et 11.99 and quicker which leads me to think its changing back to 1/4 mile. I looked for the QCMP booth at Clevelands show to ask but couldnt find it. Was anything talked about at the banquet ? With last yrs increase in car count I would hope they would leave it alone.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is it still a race track?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I like to see some big $ races will bring the crowd and racers. Another thing I wouldn't mind paying 60-70 to race for a 1500-2000 payout.
Forgot Q16 paid for itself and they still got rid of it. End of Rant.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Come hell or high water q16 will be back for next year.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well we shall see lol. I hope so its a fun series.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Over on FB, AJ has replied that Top will be 1/8th mile on saturdays.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Quaker City Motorsports Park photo 2016xmasjuly_zpsyphuwfy2.jpg

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
1k on Friday 2k on Saturday and 2k on Sunday.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the picture is loading completely for me...it says "entry fees" and then nothing.

Whats the weekend fee?

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post