DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I went though tech I was told next time to have all my panels off my car it was getting looked over. I have no worries its Top Dragster spec and up to date. However if they do decided to actually tech cars,there is going to be a lot of unhappy people not being able to race. D

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who is doing tech?

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Terry I Believe. That's who told me about my car getting looked over. We shall see.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Any idea why they would want all your body panels off, CJ? Shouldn't be any SFI tags to look for up front and you can see the seatbelts and chassis tag with the panels still on.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 519M:
Terry I Believe. That's who told me about my car getting looked over. We shall see.

I figured.

Terry told me I needed a battery cut-off on the back of my car one time because the battery was in the trunk. This was right after I opened the hood for him, and the battery was sitting in the driver's side inner fender, like it was from the factory.

Then there is the stuff I saw pass tech: Glass fuel filters, missing driveshaft loops, trunk mounted batteries that didn't have switches, lap belts with roll bars installed. Shall I go on?

Regardless, the point I am trying to make is that the wrong people get targeted!

EDIT: I should mention also that after I had my accident, everyone was too concerned with snapping photos. My car went home with all of the chassis tags intact, as well as all of the SFI tags on the safety equipment. I'm an honest person though, I peeled/and or cut them off as I disassembled everything. It will have all new equipment and tags when I finish it.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree shawn. that's what I was told. Maybe checking for hose clamps. One time a trans line broke on my car at the hit of course didn't know it. Someone told Terry I was running hose clamps on my car. So terry came over and looked and seen all of my hoses everyone was steel braided with an fittings NHRA spec and I asked him who couldn't tell me. So maybe he is checking again. IDK lol. Look at whatever the Tech person wants to Be my guess.

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey, read some interesting remarks on the forum page this morning in qcmp website, went back to research something else & noticed the forum page is gone from the main menu.....odd !!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the QCMP racers that won at thompson on saturday were posted on the forums.that should not have been a reason to eliminate the forum though.

Posts: 25 | Location: TRP | Registered: May 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
LMAO!!!!!! Took forum down!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 519M:
When I went though tech I was told next time to have all my panels off my car it was getting looked over. I have no worries its Top Dragster spec and up to date. However if they do decided to actually tech cars,there is going to be a lot of unhappy people not being able to race. D

Matty Box? J/K

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any details yet for the June 24-26 "QCMP Event Weekend" thats on the schedule?

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Check back on June 27th.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Check back on June 27th.

Clint, that might be one of the funniest things you have ever posted.....LMAO....

Seriously, call the track phone to find out...I have not heard anything yet.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
27th might be to early. Check the 28th.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i hear they are hard at work to repair everything.. Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
you mean fixing the stuff that's been broke for 2 years or so now? the stuff that just cant finds its way to fix itself?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just fixing the fridge in the tower so they can keep their bud light cold. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Everything worked on Saturday....the roll-out seemed to be consistent between lanes and the E.T.s were the same from lane to lane based upon my tickets. Maybe someone in Top can verify given they seem to see even the smallest of differences more so than us no-boxers. I liked the one and go call given the impending weather and I appreciate them waiting out the rain, prepping the track and keeping the track open to finish the racing. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of S_Wiech
posted Hide Post
Everything went smoothly on Saturday besides the rain. Got lucky and made it to the finals and we still finished before the sun went down. Consistent 1.03 60's all day long even after the rain hit.

Posts: 18 | Location: New Castle, PA | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see everything working properly, even agreed with the one hit call, but if you are going to take away that TT, then it might be better PR if you didn't still announce you are doing buy-backs.....no matter what the "behind the scenes" reasoning was, still has the outward appearance of greed and disregard for racers coming in/traveling with 2 advertised TT's

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post