DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Damn it George, now I may have to go. Another great selection. I will never forget my first encounter with the **** and Vivian....they congratulated me on my win in trophy class when I was 17 in a way that made a young man very proud of that accomplishment. They sold me on that track and I have been racing there ever since. That was 33 years ago.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am supprised the founders of the race rack weren't the first ones in. Who was it last year?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Count ?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'am requesting help in electing inductee's into the legends program. Other tracks have committee's with maybe 5 racers that would
help decide. If anyone is interested in helping for next year get back to me at the banquet or look me up at the track this year.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
WANTED****

Yellow Falcon goes by the name "Quarter Mile Madness" for easy First Round Win!!!!!!!!!!

Usually found sleeping near a tree....Any one seeing such an animal, please do not approach or drive....Likely to explode causing damage and loss of financial stability. Not seen in over a year.....please notify any bowtie owner if spotted so that a race can occur and the bird can be put back into the cage and returned.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Laughing Rolling

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
LOL....that is funny **** right there.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hysterically disturbing.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am supprised the founders of the race rack weren't the first ones in. Who was it last year?

Clint you are 100% right on that. George and I realized that we made a mistake. This is why he want's to form a committee so stuff like that don't happen again.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I want to form a committee so that stuff like Andy's post above wont happen again.....

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Pictures are worth 1000 words

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
quote:

Clint you are 100% right on that. George and I realized that we made a mistake. This is why he want's to form a committee so stuff like that don't happen again.

Wayne I would begin with asking your previous people inducted in who they think, obviously they would have to be living members.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Clint' are you coming to the banquet tonight.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nope no reason to.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
George & Wayne,

If you guys need an example, look at the PID show. I think you need to bump it to 3-5 people a year though. Posthumous inductions can most definitely be awarded, just need to find that person's family.

Next year: Biggie, Mad Dog, and Larry Halouska.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree with bumping the # to more than 1 per year. NFL/MLB Hall of Fames let in more than 1 per year.

Also agree with posthumous inductions. No reason why not.

Also agree with Bigee, Mad Dog, and Larry.

Self-serving, but somewhere on the short list has to be my dad. Quaker has been open for 50 years. I think we could probably count on one hand the number of drivers who have won multiple Track Championships. Not class championships, the overall Track Champion. Dad won Super Pro in 87 and 91 and turned around and won the Track Championship both years.

Other folks that need considered: anyone who went on to win a Divisional Championship. Jerry Coblentz has multiple wins. Joe Oswald. Doug Taylor. Scott Christy. I know the list is MUCH longer, but those are just some examples.

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Clint ,i thought of your dad many times all year but thought Vivian should have been first not 3rd. I,am sure your dad will be soon and when he is i hope you can attend the banquet. As for adding people per year yes i agree but i think 2 would be the best that way. it keeps it on a more personal level. Can i count you iton our group. You know alot off passed racers. My email is george.kopko@ YAHOO.CON Return yours so we can stay in touch for next year.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
George

I fully agree with the Mosseys being first. Without them none of us are here discussing this.

I emailed you. Let me know if you receive my message.

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
EMMIT BARR.1 of the greats when i think of quaker city..sure i spelled his name wrong..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post