DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What track is that Shawn? Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
I normally dont say anything but I frequent many tracks in the course of a season. Typically hit their T&T Friday and then stay for the weekend for their raceday programs.

NOWHERE is more consistent than PGH Raceway Park. Their track is normally a DEAD hook situation and I am running a small tired, higher HP setup running 9teens. At PGH I can count on 1 hand the times I have had problems leaving the line and had to peddle it. Other tracks it seems to be hit or miss.

Moreover to the situation in question - what are you going to do when there are people breaking. Get mad at the track for making sure it is safe? That is both the racers and tracks responsibility. The one time shot I decided to NOT run because it had drizzled - while I knew PGH would not send us if it was not safe, I took the safe route and did not go out right away until the end of our class ran (MY CHOICE). You cant get mad at the racer that broke either. If you have not broke - then you have not been racing for very long. I can tell you personally I blew an engine before and at 130+MPH trying to get to the burm takes some time/distance.

If your worried/complaining you can speed things up by offering to grab a mop/broom/ or toothbrush to help cleanup.....Otherwise enjoy the nice time with your friends and family away from WORK.

For the record I dont have anything linked to PGH - other than it is where I prefer to race for their CONSISTENLY good race surface and good car counts. My only complaint is they have not figured out a way to race in the winter months!

And by the way I travel 2.5+ hours each directin to get there..

THANKS PGH RACEWAY!

Dead On With A Zero.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, could you check the GGG Flyer link on PRP home page. Doesn't seem to work. Thanks

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dion, trying to get the webmaster to fix that link. I don't have access to it. It's the same as the flyer on the main page though.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bracket finals are postponed for this weekend at PRP. Summit Super Series racers WILL still have their run off on Friday. IHRA just announced.

Bracket finals postponed

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Okay.. Not throwing stones here at PRP, but what i see here is IHRA had way to much on their plate to begin with(see their schedule). Canceling was very easy for them. Almost every bracket finals has a day of rain or two. It is what it is, but a new date SOON would be nice to know. Wonder when IHRA will announce that?

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
lone ranger,

Not sure what forecast your looking at but 100% rain Saturday and Sunday calling for over 2 inches.. It just rained all day yesterday and the pits are soaked already. They are calling for more rain today thur and Friday. I think it was a very smart call for IHRA. You may not remember a few years ago sitting there all weekend in the freezing cold rain and no racing. They are going to try and wait it out for the SSS run offs on Friday. hoping to get a small window to get that in.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lol.. That was quick. I see Thur and friday being good and prob Sunday. Pits are wet regardless. Everyone will have their own intitled opinion. Like i said it is what it is and it rained a day or two in past bracket finals. Take care

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LR, I don't think canceling was easy for them. 300-350 racers traveling in, in addition to the locals, plus family, crew, etc, vacation time people took, getting kids out of school, all the real life arrangements people have to make to be at bracket finals, I think the IHRA is very aware of. Add in what the other tracks may have going on in their schedules too, which adds to the time to get the rescheduled dates announced. Just my opinion, but I'd say it was about the last call they wanted to make. Today was supposed to be a parking day... where do you put people when you can go fishing in every pit? I agree, pretty much always deal with some rain at brackets, but this forecast is stacked against us. I'm good with the call.

DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the guys that made the tow for nothing.

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I know it doesn't mater what I think, but I believe the best decision for most people was made.

I understand why, but just hope it's nice Oct 29th to Nov 1st - that's getting pretty late in the year in Western Pa.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Uodated bracket finals schedule

DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
I see on the new schedule there is no indication that we can park on Wednesday 10/28 Just wondering if we will be permitted to arrive Wednesday. Maybe the track would let us on the grounds where we have formed the line in years past(gravel road)to spend the night. Trying to avoid getting up at "o dark thirty" to hit the road. I wouldn't think it would be a problem but you never know.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Post contained mis-information. So I removed it. See Chuck's post on 10-3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mark Romeo,

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Here is an interesting question, are teams going to be allowed to alter their roster due to some members not being able to attend the new date? Just curious.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Here is an interesting question, are teams going to be allowed to alter their roster due to some members not being able to attend the new date? Just curious.

That is a good question.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, I read that too wasn't sure what too make of that. Also says about gamblers race 1st round before the 1st round of big show. Guess we will wait and see if they update / clarify the schedule.
I'm sure they may have been scurrying to put things together for the new date. Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks!!!

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Did they run the Div 3 SSS runoffs yesterday?

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
They tried to run it but got raining out. Started at 10am got 3 rain delays then at 1 ish it poured till 7pm dried track then another rain wave hit and killed it. so only got to semis

We have been drying the track since 9am getting close to starting as its 2:40 now. Another wave of rain is coming in a couple hours so hoping to get it finished.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I just talked with Jon O'Neal, now that the SSS run offs are complete.

Thursday, Oct 29, is parking, time trials, and gamblers race.

Saturday, Oct 31, gamblers race round 1, open to everyone, goes first, followed by the main event in its entirety.