DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You pay to race then make one or two time trials then go home because it rains out so they track give full credit for all the entries(or atleast were I race they do) as a rain check so now the track paid for all their employees and equipment for the day but didn't make any money on the entries.The more racers that just stay home the less work the track has to do on those days which equals less loss of revenue.
If it rains out before racing then the track has to pay all his employees a second day to complete a one day event.Pretty simple.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^ if what you say is true, why would a track even bother to open the gates when there is a very good chance it is going to rain ? I know you can not trust the Weather Man, but there are days we know it is going to rain(a storm 300 miles wide heading straight for the track but still 400 miles away) and the track will still open. just talking not arguing

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Show up points have been argued for a lot of years. I think the best way to do it, if you are going to award them, is to give the point for staging 1st round with a car that fits the class.

I applaud a track that knows there is 100% chance of rain out for opening up and trying to get rounds in even if they can't get the whole race in. To me, that's how you settle points, on the track and not at the front gate.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would assume hoping to get some racing in then they make their money and racers get to settle their points on the track. They only need to get one round in for it to be considered a race and would think they open hoping to get one round in.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ggg...1/4 0r 8th ????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
GGG will be 1/8th.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
The Tri-State S/SS Association returns to PRP this coming weekend for the annual PID/Keystone Reunion Nostalgia races.

Weekend schedule for Pittsburgh on Sept 26-27:

Weekend schedule:
Friday September 25
Track-operated test and tune. Gates open: 530pm. T-n-T: 6:30pm-midnight

Saturday Sept 26
Gates open: 8:00am
Time trials: 10:00am
TSSSSA, UMTR stickshift group, Gassers, 422 All-Stars Nostalgia/SS group (422 is only there on Saturday; 422 racers are more than welcome to run with us on Sunday ), and 1980-older car Bracket races (two classes, Box and No-Box)
S/SS race entry: $100. 5th Annual Carl Schodde-Bob Butter Memorial S/SS race

Sunday Sept 27
Gates Open: 8:00am
Time trials: 10:00am
TSSSSA, UMTR stickshift group, Gassers, and 1980-older Bracket races (two classes, Box and No-Box)
S/SS race entry: $50.

$200 extra into the Saturday race purse and $100 into the Sunday race , thanks to sponsors John Kunsak Truck Sales, Jan Cavacini Landscaping, and Jim Lydon
$25 to each days' race winner, thanks to Dennis Roberts of www.robertsfamilymotorsports.com

Exhibition runs each day also.

Race will be laddered for first round each day by reaction time. If you break and/or can not make first round, please let me know ASAP so I can set the ladder correctly. We should be set up where you enter the pit on the left side of the track. You will see our table and banner. You can see me there each day to get your tech card and pay your entry fee for that day.

Payout info for this weekend:

Saturday $100 Carl Schodde-Bob Butter Memorial race
30 cars
$1,500 win, 800 R/U, 250 4th round loser, 100 3rd round loser

35 cars
$1,550 win, 850 R/U, 500 5th round, 200 4th round, 100 4rd round

40 cars
$1,850 win, 950 R/U, 500 5th round, 300 4th, 100 3rd

45 cars
$2,000 win, 1,000 R/U, 500 5th round, 200 4th, 100 3rd

Sunday $50 race
30 cars
750 win, 400 R/U, 125 4th round, 50 3rd round

35 cars
775 win. 425 R/U, 250 5th round, 100 4th, 50 3rd

40 cars
925 win, 475 R/U, 250 5th round, 100 4th. 50 3rd

45 cars
1,000 win, 500 R/U, 250 5th round, 100 4th , 50 3rd

We hope to see you at PRP on September 26-27 !

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
The flyer lists our Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association races at PRP as NHRA/IHRA cars. We also allow Nostalgia/SS. Rules for N/SS with us are loosely based on NMCA and/or 422 All Stars rules, with a few exceptions.

~1971-older cars; and big block not mandatory

~regular tree (.500 sportsman); regular dial-in to the nearest hundredth that can be changed between rounds

~transbrake and/or 2-step permitted

All other rules are followed. So if your car may not fit the 422 group, you can run with us. Ad the 422 racers are more than welcome to run with us on Sunday, since 422 is only there on Saturday.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
What fuel is available to purchase at he track? Price? Thanks.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Slick.. Pretty much any VP brand octane that is the norm for the most part. What do run and we'll let you know. Ps..Greg is very in line with his prices..

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Most of us run sunoco. 112/blue. Guess ill have to stock up here before we come.

302-786-1078

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Full slate of VP Race Fuels. Pay for it in the souvenir stand at the base of the tower (right side of the track, across from the starting line), and take your receipt behind the tower to the fuel barn.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SlantSix
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately,

Friday Night 9-25-15 Test n tune was a Joke.

Track Staff Advertises Start time of 6:30
First Pair Goes Down the Track at 7:00 PM.
Tons of Cars which is good.
A few Breaks and oil downs etc. of course slows the program down.....but being on the property for 5 Hours and getting one Test Session run seems a bit frustrating.

Also Pa System not working in Lower Big Car Side Grass Pit area.
I hope the track staff works faster this weekend!

Greg

Posts: 2 | Location: Irwin PA | Registered: June 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^that sure does stink to be there 5hrs and only get one pass.It is out of the control of the track if people oil down the track. I can assure you PRP(and any other track) and the staff do not like oil downs, but that is part of racing. There are a few things a track has zero control over, weather and oil downs are two of them.

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I see it a little differently, Greg. I wasn't there until almost 8, but I agree, all efforts should be made to start on time. With all the cars there, it could be that the employees were all involved getting the cars in off of Route 22 - I heard the line was pretty long. Then getting them teched in, etc. Breakage happens, part of racing, it sucks. I got 1 hit, and when the new style GTO put antifreeze from the starting line to the return road, what can you do? That stuff is a bear to clean up. I would much rather the staff at any track take as long as they need to make sure the race surface is safe. I am a homer for sure - I think the prep and care at PRP is the best, and I am 100% confident going down the track right after a clean up. I've been to a few others where someone runs out with a shop rag, wipes something, maybe grinds it in with their foot, and says let's go. And PRP kept running until 1:30am, I hear, trying to give some time back to the racers.

DRR Trophy
Picture of SlantSix
posted Hide Post
I know that The track Staff Has No Control over Breakdowns and Oil downs etc.

I know that Everyone wants a safe track. It Just seems that Of all the Places I have Traveled to and Raced at, especially for Test n Tune days, PRP is the slowest at track Prep / Cleanup.

I have been the guy with Broken Parts and it's Not Fun, and I always have tried to get out of the Groove and as far off to the side as possible. Maybe it's Just a Matter of Educating the Racers Such That When You hand In your tech Card to Don Ickes and others, that they tell you or remind you of Track Breakage etiquette - Slow down safe and get over to the berm! Educate the Drivers at your track, Announce it over the PA Multiple times... Whatever it takes.

It just frustrates me no no end that the track closest for me to drive to, the TNT program starts late, and usually has some kind of interruptions. I Can Spend Hours Driving to Quaker city, Thompson, Dragweay 42, National Trail, Elk Creek, Wilkesboro, Milan US 131, Norwalk, Bristol, Mason Dixon, Etc. But many Times I only Have enough Time to Drive to PRP, so I do.

It's Great that the Track Did stay open until 1:30 n Friday, I was not there for those late hours nor Could I be due to Work Saturday.

I Just wish the whole TNT program was a bit faster for a track that is close to my House.

Greg

Posts: 2 | Location: Irwin PA | Registered: June 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You just ran into the perfect storm of events from what it sounds like.

The only place I have been to that started promptly on time is Norwalk. I can understand 10 or 15 minutes behind schedule but 1 track on your list is 30-45 minutes behind schedule regularly.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Let me just clear this up easily before anymore inaccurate information gets posted on here MR Slant 6. Our announcer and computer operator keeps very good notes on starting times class changes and the entire event. For the event slant 6 was talking about, I believe it was the 2nd set of cars down the track that oiled down the very end of the track onto the return road. You can not see that area from the starting line so it may have looked like we were late but in fact was not as they had a clean up right off the start. What most people seen was an empty track with no one around. The announcer kept saying we had a clean up right off the start and that caused the delay. As the evening went on we had a total of 6 oil downs and the huge anti freeze spill the entire track and shutdown. Plus it was the Friday TNT before the PID event and in past history this is always a huge event for cars testing. The track crew worked their butts off with clean ups all night. PRP strives to give the racers the best possible track possible.

And as for your comments about the PA system, lets be serious here if you say you have been to mason dixson then nothing more needs said BUT. The PA system is not designed to reach every spot in the pits that would be impossible and be cost prohibitive, that's why we and all the other tracks you listed, which I have been too broadcast on the FM radio. We are on 91.5 and it reaches miles away from the track. Some of the tracks you listed if you don't have a FM radio you can't hear anything.

So come to the tower next time and we will be glad to explain what's going on so you have the facts right.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlantSix:
I have been the guy with Broken Parts and it's Not Fun, and I always have tried to get out of the Groove and as far off to the side as possible. Maybe it's Just a Matter of Educating the Racers Such That When You hand In your tech Card to Don Ickes and others, that they tell you or remind you of Track Breakage etiquette - Slow down safe and get over to the berm! Educate the Drivers at your track, Announce it over the PA Multiple times... Whatever it takes.

Greg

I can tell you as an announcer, I say it multiple times, especially on test and tune days. And I point it out again when a break happens. I do like the idea of when getting tech'd in, a little quick info, even a hand out, about what to do if you break.

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
You just ran into the perfect storm of events from what it sounds like.

SP knows!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I normally dont say anything but I frequent many tracks in the course of a season. Typically hit their T&T Friday and then stay for the weekend for their raceday programs.

NOWHERE is more consistent than PGH Raceway Park. Their track is normally a DEAD hook situation and I am running a small tired, higher HP setup running 9teens. At PGH I can count on 1 hand the times I have had problems leaving the line and had to peddle it. Other tracks it seems to be hit or miss.

Moreover to the situation in question - what are you going to do when there are people breaking. Get mad at the track for making sure it is safe? That is both the racers and tracks responsibility. The one time shot I decided to NOT run because it had drizzled - while I knew PGH would not send us if it was not safe, I took the safe route and did not go out right away until the end of our class ran (MY CHOICE). You cant get mad at the racer that broke either. If you have not broke - then you have not been racing for very long. I can tell you personally I blew an engine before and at 130+MPH trying to get to the burm takes some time/distance.

If your worried/complaining you can speed things up by offering to grab a mop/broom/ or toothbrush to help cleanup.....Otherwise enjoy the nice time with your friends and family away from WORK.

For the record I dont have anything linked to PGH - other than it is where I prefer to race for their CONSISTENLY good race surface and good car counts. My only complaint is they have not figured out a way to race in the winter months!

And by the way I travel 2.5+ hours each directin to get there..

THANKS PGH RACEWAY!

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1441 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post