DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert on chassis certs, since my heap is slow street junk. But the rule seems pretty clear to me. If you race at an IHRA track or series, you need an IHRA certification. In my limited knowledge, I thought IHRA accepted NHRA certs and/or licenses for NHRA racers that crossed over for an event or two, not for IHRA racers who run points at an IHRA track, or in the Pro Am series. You would be better served contacting IHRA directly if you need clarification.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
He's here just to stir up ****. You know that.

I don't want to spend 75 dollars either. But it is what it is.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
This is what irks me. If one needs the cert, then so be it. But why is it that at some IHRA tracks the cert is needed, but at others, an NHRA cert will be fine. That's bull****. It should be all tracks or none.

Regarding NHRA Chassis Certification being accepted at IHRA tracks, I personally have read the IHRA rule book through and through, many sections state “IHRA Chassis certification” and there are several sections that just state “chassis certification” requirements. This leaves a grey area, so I picked up the phone and called IHRA directly. I spoke with Michael Baker, Senior Director of Racing Operations at IHRA. Mr. Baker stated there is a reason for the grey areas. It is up to the track operator to choose how they interpret the guidelines that IHRA has set. (see the top of the page 108 in the rulebook “EVENT DIRECTOR MAY WAIVE, AMEND OR MODIFY ANY RULE IN THIS BOOK AT ANYTIME FOR ANY SINGLE OCCURANCE, FOR ANY GOOD CAUSE. EVENT DIRECTORS DECISION IS FINAL IN ALL CASES.”)
Mr. Baker stated, it is the track operator’s discretion on if they accept NHRA chassis certification, or if they choose to only accept IHRA Chassis certification. IHRA is not requiring or enforcing the tracks to do this, it is up to the track decide on how they interpret the rule book. IHRA will support whichever decision the track decides on regarding chassis certification requirements.
Regarding running IHRA points with an NHRA certification, per Mr. Baker, if the IHRA track you are running points at, accepts your NHRA chassis certification, you are 100% entitled to your points, winnings, Summit Super Series etc. etc. Nothing would be taken away from that driver should anyone protest. You must always carry a valid IHRA license to run, but again, the chassis certification is a track discretion.
The only way to be sure your chassis is legal to run at any track, you should probably get both IHRA and NHRA chassis certification. Mr. Baker stated there are a select few IHRA tracks that are indeed only accepting IHRA chassis certs and not NHRA chassis certs. FYI.

Now, I feel that these are all legitimate questions that we all have and NOT INTENDED TO “STIR “SH*T”. When I certified both of my cars NHRA, I thought I was covering all bases by doing so.

Posts: 11 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
can someone answer this for me. How can the cost of an IHRA cert be 75.00 for sportsman/100 for pro at PRP, and at Quaker the same cert is 100.00 for sportsman/125.00 for pro?

This whole cert business is a ****ing scam, if you ask me.

Tony, I agree 100%, it is all a scam and a money maker just like the seat belts! The best part is we are not racing at a national level in which the rule book was derived from, we have Ironmen not Wally's

Posts: 11 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
That's interesting.

Why leave a rulebook open to interpretation?

That leads to confusion IMO.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
That's interesting.

I don't disagree with you, I only state facts.

DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's interesting.

see page 93 in the rule book "These are a guide toward a universal racing goal, and interpretation will be made by the Director of Competition. His decision shall be final"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no i am not.the corvette i drive once in a while is nhra certified not ihra cert,and i dont want any issues when i come to your track this year.so since mr greg wont return calls or text,here i am.
quote:
He's here just to stir up ****. You know that.

I don't want to spend 75 dollars either. But it is what it is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prest911,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DILLIGAF 1:
quote:
That's interesting.

see page 93 in the rule book "These are a guide toward a universal racing goal, and interpretation will be made by the Director of Competition. His decision shall be final"

Who is our Director of Competition ?

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I know one thing for sure. You will never see Bill Bader at Norwalk turn someone away for an openly stated GREY AREA. He's a business man that knows how to make a buck and run a great program. Norwalks tech guy saw my 2 month tech sticker from PRP and said if its good enough for PRP its good enough for Norwalk.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
quote:
can someone answer this for me. How can the cost of an IHRA cert be 75.00 for sportsman/100 for pro at PRP, and at Quaker the same cert is 100.00 for sportsman/125.00 for pro?

This whole cert business is a ****ing scam, if you ask me.

I was wandering this myself. I will let you know how much they are at Summit Racing after the 11th.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to hear more about pit vehicles. First I heard this. What about a scooter licensed, insured and street legal?

Since the rulebook is being discussed, I'm wondering how the proposed Diaper rule will work if not required by IHRA or NHRA. I have friends that run the National NHRA SS class but come here on occasion to test. Will they not be permitted without a diaper? How will this work out for the Tr-State S/SS races? Not arguing wether diapers are a good thing to have but a lot don't run them if it isn't in the rule books.

I also agree with hoping the track is successful. Just seems a lot of stuff going on that will eventually turn people away.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Keith I thought Summit was only doing NHRA certs? That is what I read.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Clint- I believe when they originally set up appointments that IHRA had not verified that they would be there. We were told they did confirm and both certs can be done.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's interesting.

don't you remember a conversation I had 20 years ago with Dim-Bulb, where his final statement was "NHRA will neither confirm, nor deny, the legality of that equipment"?

the more Gray area is left, the more chance to make money on a whim

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, I would like to thank PRP and it's sponsors for increasing the payout in TOP to $1000.00! It's been a while since I've won, other than round money, so it's nice to shoot for a bigger payout.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Paton III:
Well, I would like to thank PRP and it's sponsors for increasing the payout in TOP to $1000.00! It's been a while since I've won, other than round money, so it's nice to shoot for a bigger payout.

Yeah, me too, Richard. Kudos to the track for the payout increase

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Am I reading more into this than there is, but didn't the daughter of the track owner just win a NHRA national event and not one word was mentioned.

Posts: 6 | Location: Outside looking in | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QR Racer:
Am I reading more into this than there is, but didn't the daughter of the track owner just win a NHRA national event and not one word was mentioned.

Not exactly sure what "reading more into this means", but yes Mia won in TAD. And there were plenty of words about it. Check out her FB page.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The PRP Facebook page had a post up within minutes of Mia winning the Wally last week. I'd say you're reading more into it.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post