DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Missed the racers meeting this year at PRP. What is going on these two days.

June 6th, Summer Concert Series Presented by Zodiac Productions

June 7th, Summer Concert Series Presented by Zodiac Productions

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
why is it that none of prp's events are ever ran on sundays?also why not fridays gambler races??always forget to ask the man when im there!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
John - no racing that weekend. Concert being held, with Donnie Iris the Saturday Night headliner. http://www.zodiac-productions.com/

Bill - PRP tried that in the past, that if it rained Saturday, we would run Sunday. Turnout was pitiful. Even the rainout make up days in the last few years, which would be listed on the schedule for all to see, turnout was poor also. For some reason, Sundays just don't seem to work anymore.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. Might have to look up a wig and some beads and do some rockin.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, attended a Thursday night Test and Tune, and was planning on just T&Ting but really like the Box - No Box type Gamblers format Thumbs up so I jumped in, good idea IMO.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ChuckT: This is strickly my opinion, but I feel that rain out Saturday races that were rescheduled for Sunday failed strickly because of lack of notice. If I go Saturday, its a 75 minute drive both ways, so if it rains out and is rescheduled, I'm not making the trip back the next day. We all see the weather a week in advanced (obviously not 100% accurate), but if Saturday looks like a sure bet for rain, and Sunday is clear, why not play it safe and advertise the race for Sunday from the getgo? This may be just me, but I have absolutely no problem driving out Sunday, so long as it was the plan from the week before.

Also, I would love PRP to change the TNT/Gamblers to Friday. Again, I may be one of the few that has to drive 1+ hours to the track, but QC will get my business Friday over PRP's Thursday event every time.

I'm sure there are reasons that render my above suggestions un-doable, but I figured I'd just voice my thoughts.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
They have tried almost every variation of Sundays I can think of. People just don't show up. Last year they were on the schedule (I believe it was last year, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) in the event of rainout there were makeup Sundays...no one came with plenty of notice. I can't explain it, but they have not worked well in the past.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A39 - I hear you, definitely respect your opinion, but I think your scenario plays well in a test and tune situation, and it has been done that way a couple of times in the last 2 seasons, where the test and tune scheduled for Saturday looked like bad weather, and got rescheduled for Sunday. That works in April and October/November. The bracket days, even with make up days listed on the schedule for a couple of select Sundays in July and August (you are correct, Mark), simply didn't have good turnouts. Like Mark said, can't explain it, but they just didn't really work. The scenario of making up a points day Sunday if Saturday rains out doesn't work... a track would be asking their racers to potentially put all of their Sundays on hold. I feel that wouldn't be fair, to the racers, their families, and the track employees.

Side note, what year Coronet? Always liked those cars.

Steve, I like that format too for the gamblers. It will be used all season, where box and no box are kept separate until 1 left in either, then combined.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckT:
The scenario of making up a points day Sunday if Saturday rains out doesn't work... a track would be asking their racers to potentially put all of their Sundays on hold. I feel that wouldn't be fair, to the racers, their families, and the track employees.
QUOTE]

Valid point...especially if in years past this operating strategy still had a poor showing.

Its a white 67' Coronet 440.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mac
posted Hide Post
Steve, I like that format too for the gamblers. It will be used all season, where box and no box are kept separate until 1 left in either, then combined.

Would like that format for Night at the Races also!

Posts: 7 | Location: burgh | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all we are looking at doing a track rental on the 22nd of May. Its a Thursday.

If anyone is interested let me know. Either PM me or email at ajcasiniracing@hotmail.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, Hope everyone is doing well! Joe Sr. and I missed the racers meeting this year and we are trying to get the camaro ready so we can be at the track a little more this year. We had a few questions if anyone can help us out or provide any input it would be appreciated. The SBRA Points days how does this work? Do we have to register ahead of time or join something? Get a special Racer's number?

thanks in advance, hope to see everyone soon!
Joe Jr.

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Jr.:
Hello everyone, Hope everyone is doing well! Joe Sr. and I missed the racers meeting this year and we are trying to get the camaro ready so we can be at the track a little more this year. We had a few questions if anyone can help us out or provide any input it would be appreciated. The SBRA Points days how does this work? Do we have to register ahead of time or join something? Get a special Racer's number?

thanks in advance, hope to see everyone soon!
Joe Jr.

I believe you simply have to be a member of PRP points to be included in the SBRA deal.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe! Mark is correct... join PRP points, and you're automatically in for the SBRA points as well. On the designated SBRA points days, racers accumulate points in both PRP and SBRA standings. That allows racers who have a more limited schedule to join points, and still have a shot at running in a team finals environment.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if they are running TCR?

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That you, Glen? TCR starts the bracket days at noon on Saturdays. There has only been 1 day so far. I know young Ms. Grabiak was test n tuning last Thursday in the 4 door '66 Nova, and plans on running the class.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Still have spots open this Thursday for track rental. Let myself or Greg Miller know if you are interested.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
WTH is SBRA?

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
southern bracket racing association

Where have you been Ed?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
southern bracket racing association

Where have you been Ed?

Working on trailer. Not like I've missed anything with all the sunny warm Saterdays rainy

I bought this

and been trying to finish inside. Built cabinets and counter. Just getting those finished and onto walls.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post