DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

"... under authority of the International Hot Rod Association..."

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Bark like a dog!!! Rolling

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So I got that goin for me..........which is nice.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J T:
Here it is Tuesday the 17th. Is there any word from anyone that really knows if PRP will be open on Thursday the 19th.
JT

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
J T

If you have questions on comments, please use the Reply button to add your comments to the current track thread. You do not need to start a new discussion to enter new comments.

Thanks

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PRP site has been updated with the track status. Here is the text. There are also pics of the work on the PRP site.

Track status June 18
06-18-2014

Dear racers and fans,

I apologize for not having an update until now. I had every intention of providing updates sooner, but 1) there was a lot of work to do, as you’ll see below, and 2) I wanted to provide as much information as possible that I knew would not change. This construction was completely unplanned, causing us to scramble to find available vendors and companies that could come in on such short notice, as many were already booked for other jobs. Details were not 100% set until this morning.

Our issue:
On Saturday, June 7, an absolutely beautiful day, the track surface started to literally break apart, and with the sun shining, not a cloud in the sky to be seen, I had to refund everyone their entry fees. The most brutal winter we have had in years, and the related freeze/thaw cycles, really took a toll on the asphalt, as I’m sure you’ve seen this spring in your daily travels. The track was quite simply unsafe to race on, and I will not jeopardize anyone’s body, be it human or automotive. We had to come up with a plan, quick, and did. Since June 7, construction at the track has included:
• Milling the existing asphalt from about 150’ from the starting line to 700’
• Paving that stretch with brand new virgin asphalt
• Adding 48 drains per side through the ¼ mile (after those hard rains last week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, with the sun out Saturday and Sunday, we did not have even a single weeper!)
• Diamond grinding the new asphalt for a continued smooth race surface

The final grinding will be completed by Penhall this week, and once that is done, the track will be scrubbed and washed until the surface is clean and ready to be prepped for racing. There will be continued construction (on the drainage, not on the track) so please excuse our mess. Our main goal and focus was getting us back and running down the ¼ mile as quickly and safely as possible.

That is the good news. Rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase Mark Twain. The bad news is, with the amount of work to be completed, the racing events scheduled for this week have to be canceled. There just will not be enough time to complete the work and provide a safe race track. The Friday Night Street Drags will be rescheduled for Friday, August 8th, in addition to the one already scheduled for July 18. We WILL reopen on Thursday, June 26, for test and tune, followed by Night at the Races on Friday, June 27 (increased purses - $1000 to win!). And of course, the hottest night in drag racing, the Night of Fire, is Saturday, June 28. I look forward to seeing you all at the track, and thank you again for your patience and support.

I also want to make say a huge “Thank you!” to every of the companies below. I am truly grateful for all of the support and dedication to drag racing, the track, and our racers.

Cars Protection Plus (Michael & Cindy)
WyoTech
Syrek Electric (Ed)
Mike’s Auto Body (Mike)
Hard Metal Tooling (Jim)
B & R Speed Supply (Chuck)
Millerstown Pic A Part (Dave & Marylou)
Z & M Cycle (Jimmy)
Silver Mine (Larry)
GIS Automotive (Mark)
Hartman & Hartman Constructors (Ed)
Campbell’s Towing (Paul)
Latrobe Chevy/Ford (Hud/Dave)
Lumber Store and More (Bill)
Rossler Transmission (Carl & Marge)
Ultra Lite Brakes (Jerry)
Ionadi Auto sales ( Carmen/Tony)
VP Race Fuels (Jim)
NC AP Paving (Gene)
Tresco Asphalt (Sonny)
Scott C’s Auto Sales (Scott)
Lutty’s Chevy Warehouse (Darlene & Greg)
Windstream (Randy)
Zucco Vending (Guy)
Mumau Diesel (Lenny)
DB Motorsports (Brian)
Tees N Tops (Dan/Cutta)
Alpha Graphics (Joe/Jen)

Best regards,

Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC, Pittsburgh Raceway Park

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad to see additional improvements were also made (48 drains) while the track was down. Can't really imagine what its like to have to conduct such a big project mid-season like that...truly unfortunate for all.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Greg for looking out for the racers.Making sure were all safe is nuber one.Winning races number two lol

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Greg and everyone involved in this unfortunate mess. We appreciate the effort and the communication Thumbs up

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Good to know all is turning out for the better. Mother Natures little forced upgrades.

So I have one more weekend to finish up with trailer and car Smile

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ed, what are you doing to the car?? I've seen the trailer pics, been wondering if this means the supercharger is on the car? Or if the 4 eye 'vert is done??

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Nick Bowman, getting the runner up last night in the $5k at Norwalk's No Box Bonanza. It was at least a 9 round race, might have been 10. Lots of PRP racers out there going rounds. Good luck today to all of them in the $10k!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where you sign up for the 64 car shoot out at the Pro Am? I know a racer who is interested. Also do they have to be involved in the Pro Am or can they just roll in for the shoot out?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Email Greg, miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com, for entry. It is open to all.

We know test and tune is Thursday, and Night of Fire is Saturday. What is really cool, in addition to the track reopening this week, is the increased purses for Friday's Night at the Races:

Friday, June 27 - Night at the Races, brought to you by Mike's Auto Body, Ionadi Auto Sales, The Lumber Store & More, Hartman & Hartman, and Campbell's Towing. 2 classes, 10.00 and slower, and 9.99 and quicker. $35 entry, special increased purse, $1000 to win, $300 runner up, $100 semis, $50 quarters, each class! Also, diesel pick up truck class, sponsored by Mumau Diesel, $25 entry, $200 to win, $100 runner up. Spectator entry $10. Gates open at 5pm, racing starts at 6:30pm.

DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
I just kind of stumbled in here because I saw my good friend Chuck was the last post and I wanted to see what he was saying (love that guy Big Grin). A J Casini told me about the unfortunate challenges that Greg and the PRP staff were facing and it sounded like a mountain that most would not want to climb. I'm excited to see that Greg and all of people involved decided to make the necessary repairs and move forward with the improvements quickly. The racers at PRP are lucky to have those kind of people running their facility. It takes someone with passion and vision to stay the course and invest in race tracks with the difficulties facing them these days. Way to go Greg Miller, Michael Tedesco and all involved. Keep up the great work!

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Brother, you're the best. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks.

Well said. The whole crew at PRP deserves a huge standing ovation. I am not exaggerating when I say they have been working from sun up to sun down, and more, every day for the last 3 weeks. I was up there last night, and the track is ready for action. We had some hard showers and storms this week, and the new drainage is working just as planned - the surface is bone dry. Thanks to Greg, Michael, Gene Nagy, and all of the PRP crew and those who helped get things done so we can go race. I can't wait to be back HOME!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me identify what vehicle this center cap belongs to? Thanks!!

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Try this again
[IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/2x10/imagejpg1_zps0f153465.jpg"> [/IMG]

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post