DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
He was asking what e.t. A car like that would have run? I was wondering the same...I was thinking low 11's or high 10's but that was just a guess.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the PID site, a buddy was asking what cars like Jack McDonough's ran back then. Anyone know?

If I remember correctly those cars ran in the mid to high elevens.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
BTW....USTREAM.COM if you cant get through your day without alil live racing action!!! help

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Anyone back from getting car cert. yet? Curious how turn out is and maybe able to get car up now rather than 8:30 tonite

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave - I'd call first. just came through there and the power is out in New Alex. Looks like the track was still working....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
anyone interested in a complete racing operation?30 ft clas a rv,26 ft haulmark,235 4 link diamond dragster roller,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
just got back. power was out when i got there but came back on while i was still there.
there was a line and passed 4 more trailers heading that way on the way home.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nick, I don't know where you're seeing a forecast for good weather tomorrow - all I see is cloudy and windy, neither of which are good for a safe race track. Comparison to a national event, with sponsors, tv, points, ticket money, etc, isn't fair. I'm frustrated by the weather... I'm ready to race on opening day for the first time in years, but the track's call is the right one for this weekend, in my opinion.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Just a little blower motor build to pass some time. Got rotating assembly done and I really don't want to look at or file another ring for a long time. Steel top rings with chrome nitride coating on face, iron seconds, standard tension oil. Bi-Metal bearings, Kellog crank, Manley H beam rods, DSS -18cc dished pistons, aluminum Teksid block. Not sure on using the SOHC heads or the DOHC set I have. Should be 9.6:1 with SOHC heads or 8.6:1 with the DOHC heads. Should have blower speed maxed out or be slightly over spun at 7,000rpm Big Grin So much more to do to car yet.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that the racing tomorrow will be all out full blown high speed ,,,

BOAT RACING !!!!!!!

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looks real good Ed. Why were the rings so hard to file? Were you rubbing them on the concrete?? Laughing I offered the ring filer just so you wouldn't have to do that. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:

Im not waiting till may to go down the track!

Oh come on Nick...

You already raced once this year (and went to the semi-finals as best I remember). Wink Big Grin

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Looks real good Ed. Why were the rings so hard to file? Were you rubbing them on the concrete?? Laughing I offered the ring filer just so you wouldn't have to do that. Big Grin

I have a ring file. Just the stainless steel rings suck compared to the iron rings Banging Head Never messed with steel rings before this.

Rubbing on concrete...oh my, I laughed and I hope he was kidding Eyes

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Never know with you F*** people Big Grin

Just getting this in under the wire...

Happy birthday to Jordan, what's up what's up?

Happy birthday to Crazy Joe Devola!

Happy birthday to Kassie Collins!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Gino Fagnilli Best Engineered

The dog gets in the picture again.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Has anyone signed up for the RainedOut text service yet?
I'm interested but I'm a poor guy that doesn't have unlimited texting and was wondering if you get a bunch of useless texts from this service?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I signed up and have ONLY received texts from PRP status changes.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Here let me help.... everytime I come to PGH it usually rains!! lol

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of hemi2011
posted Hide Post
Is PRP still planning on a test and tune and gamblers race this saturday? If so is the gamblers race after or during the t'n't, i have a new motor to test but if i make the drive i'd like to race if everything works ok

Quaker City Raceway: Street Class

Posts: 11 | Location: East Palestine Ohio | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Normally during, you get thru first two rounds of TnT for time runs then Gamblers get call for first round of Elims.