DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Go drink a pop with the cap on, no-picture boy! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats Russ on being track champion. Now would you take it easy on T Type someday?!?! And yes, I really did eat Mexican and kept a spotless shirt. Just a shame it wasn't a Margarita. Big Grin

Congrats to Kerry Balaska for the win in Mod, and Joey Devola for the Street win. Kerry was pounding the tree all day. He and Scotty were battling all day with good lights and tight MOV's.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good job Russ. Congrats to all the class champions as well.

Wish I could have been there to see it. I was at Norwalk though but kept calling home to see who won.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! It was an awesome final with Zemrose (.0018 margin of victory)! I was pretty pumped to get the win. Chuck, I just think that T Type likes me and lets me win Smile

Congrats to Josh, Kerry and Joey for their wins! AJ had a pretty good weekend at Norwalk too...a couple rounds shy of the big loot!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
if you guys wanted to see a kid pumped up, you should have seen ryan yesterday at the beaver blast. and it wasnt from racing Wink
a guy and his daughter was there watching jrs race and after we were done, he came up and asked about buying ryans car. so we talked and since ryan is moving up to the 8.90 class next season, i figured it was a good time to get another car. so we made a deal and went looking around the track at cars that were for sale. ended up making a deal on a 2003 halfscale topfuel jr that ran 7.90 sunday. got it complete less motor and clutch.( all the goodies comes with it)
the girl that had the car cleaned and polished it constantly.
ryan was so hyper that he acted like he just chugged a 3 liter of mountain dew.
we have our car for another 2 weeks and take delivery on the new car the end of nov. she needs it for a big race in GA over thanksgiving.
so it looks like he wont be racing on halloween weekend, but will be there as a spectatorand he wants to present the bar's leaks reaction time trophy to the winning jr.
he made the race but the like he told me when i asked him about the race. he said" but dad.... its a halfscale!!!!!!" Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff that is nice. Halfscales are nice cars. Look forward to seeing the car next year.

Thank you Russ. Only a couple short but that happens. I was happy with how I did there, it was a tough race. Almost everyone was knocking the tree over. .00's were heard all day long all 3 days.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
here is a pic of it, its the "pink " car lol
needless to say, its getting painted

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Nice job AJ, wish I coulda made the trip out to Norwalk for that race.

Thats definately a nice Jr, Jeff. How fast will you have it going next year?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. It is a good race you definitly plan on going next year. Had a .001 package in the 5th rd to the guys .029 package it was awesome. That is the closest to a perfect run I have ever had.

Jeff, Jr looks good, I figured there would be paint.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ryan can run 8.90 next year. so im building a BZ3 motor 3" bore x stock stroke. from what i have read, it should go 8.60-8.70's so a little weight and he is good to go.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Real nice AJ. Looking at the other posts, that was one tough race. I would have been one of those guys with the .100 lights though.

Jeff, nice deal on the Jr. I'd be hyper too! Big Grin

Just a reminder, Sunday the 15th & 22nd, gates open at 9, tt at 10. The no-box/box on the 21st, gates open at 10, tt at 11.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's up prp guys? Mark do anything to that car yet? I sure miss it, but dragster is coming along. American race cars sure build a sweet car. Good luck to all you guys at the 2500.00 race.
ray

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Ray, I think the motor is coming along pretty well. I know he has all the parts and the block was sent out for machine work a while ago. As far as the car goes it is just sitting in the garage covered up, and once in a while I just uncover it to look at it, definately a beautiful car. When are you going to be picking up the dragster?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray!!! I miss you. What have you been up to??

Chuck thankyou, it was tough but fun. I think I match my rd win total that weekend for the entire month of September and August for that matter.

Jeff, Ryan will be flyin now.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I haven't forgot about your wireless either. I have been traveling a lot for work lately actually in AL right now. When I do get some time off from work I will be over to set it up. It does not take much to set up.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Alright, sounds good, no hurry.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
he wants to go fast now, but his age is holding him back.
you should have seen the look on his face when he sat down in the new car. it was priceless Big Grin
he wanted to take a pass in a car at beaver this past weekend, they did a 330 time run and the track never turned off the 1/8th timer.
first pass was a 7.34 and backed it up with a 7.35 on the next pass. that 12 year old was defintly flying

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

<Bill Turk>
posted
Jeff,

How did Beaver let a JR go 7.34, IHRA and NHRA caps the et at 7.90 at a max of 85mph.

Just wondering...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ray, I miss picking on you. You could take it, unlike some of the other nancy's who were fine with a pat on the head, and everyone getting they're little trophy to put on the shelf. But I'm over that night. Really. No, seriously. Can't you tell? Big Grin Is the dragster coming out this year, or are you waiting for next?

AJ, you doing a rent a racer at Montgomery, or something?? Smile I'm thinking you're way overdue for a class win. I can feel it coming before the season is over.

I'm wondering that too. I believe IHRA suspended a junior driver early this year for running too quick?

Pics are on the PRP site from King of Street, some cool stuff.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was ready to CHuck let me tell you, I looked all around bama and there was no track running during the week. I am going to get run one of the rent-a-wrecks sonner or later. I hope I get one here soon, I have been doing alot of things right just there is always a guy in my way that does it better. Oh well.

Yeah Jrs are only allowed to run 7.90 I think you get one warning if its between 7.75 and 7.90 but any quiker than 7.75 your gone. Then again it is a call for the track owner to make.....

If the sanctioning codies get wind of this going on their may be questions coming the track owners way.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ