DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Floyd, I spoke with Brian and Ryan Friday and right after this pic was taken. What a team they are. Told them u said ; good luck!! Quite an accomplishment !!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I don't know how it was for you guys but I watched some great coverage of the Div 7 finl race of the year on D3TV. They could teach NHRA a lot as far as coverage goes.
It was a great race with a lot of championships decided.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Brian McClanahan is the new champion in stock eliminator. The McClanahan family becomes the first ever e generation world champs in NHRA history.

This is so cool, Congrats to Brain and his family for this first.... Sure glad I could watch this weekends event .....I was working on the car and had this streaming on the garage flat screen. A few times I had to rush to get out form under the car and watch.... what a gas...hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I gotta figure how you do that. I had my nose in the laptop all weekend.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all!! Sorry it's been so long. Still a bit busy, but slowing down now. I went to Vegas for the national event, so awesome to see the planes taking off from and landing at Nellis. I got to climb Turtlehead at Red Rock Canyon, and check out Hoover Dam. Season is over for me, couldn't get anything going, not enough seat time because it was so wet. Bed time for me now, yinz be good.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,

Those boys over at Nellis put on quite a show for the folks at the Strip.I was in the pits once when it suddenly went dark. I looked up and it was one of those B-1 bombers in stealth mode. I couldn't hear a thing. I swear he was so low I thought I could touch him. When he got out a few miles he opened up the headers and it was loouud!
Glad you had a good time and I hope you had some good food. Vegas is a great place to eat.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Greta weekend.Weather was perfect and there was a lot of racing on the tube. Woody got a little bored but he was okay with it. Well, kinda okay.

Watched the Nascrap race and enjoyed the hell out of it. Don't agree with how they figure the championship but that's just me.

Got me that new Dish satelite with the hopper and I guess I haven't figured out how to work it right. I was watching the nascrap race and recording the NHRA finals. When I flipped over to watch the recorded finals the damn thing quit before the top fuel final. Got all the rest of it though. Congrats to all the new champs and the winners.

Y'all have a gooden. Myaybe Woody and I will get some work done today. Or, maybe not.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That hopper thing is great. Just record everything without the commercials and now a 30 min program can be seen in 15 min. Love it. It is cold and raining here in NC. Had to cancel Thanksgiving - hunting trip to WV working my way to getting knee fixed. Can't do much today everyone is celebrating us Vets. Guess I am supposed to go get a free meal somewhere. You all have a great day and thank a Vet.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

I put it off as long as I could. Gotta get the garage cleaned up and make some room. Marty is moving to a new warehouse and doesn't have room for the 2 racks he has. He's going to keep the 2 post and wants to put the 4 post in my garage. And the race truck will be coming back home. I don't care as long as he pays for moving and installation. My floor has a slope to one side so it's gotta be leveled.
I kinda liked him keeping the hay hauler at his place. He has detailers come to his place every couple of weeks so the hay hauler stayed sparkly clean.
My neighbors are looking forward to me getting a lift in the garage.
Okay, gotta throw some more **** away.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern fly out to Vegas I'll buy you dinner on thanksgiving.... LVMS has a great 5 day race over that weekend, you can see how the west coast guys do it..... hahaha

So Floyd I can come out once every 6 weeks and do a sweet detail on that old truck if you like. But in return I'll be drinking some of your whiskey and you will have to cook up some of that prime rib you been posting up.... LOL

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, funny you should say that Albertsons has ribeye roasts on sale right now. Gotta make some room in the freezer.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick remember I started on the west coast. Got a good $5,20, $5,000 race weekend after Thanksgiving 50mi from my door. And eat turkey at home Big Grin But I normally go to WV hunting that week, have for years but can't make it this year.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Long time no talk. MY kids are keeping me busy. MY oldest turned 4 a few weeks ago and my youngest is 6 months. Just chugging along with life.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Thanks guys for the responses...hahah

Floyd , Making room in the freezer is no easy task.....LOL

Fern, You east coast guys have so much to choose from.... I'm just a desert dweller waiting for the next big thing to come along....

You All Have A Great Day !!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey at least AZ isn't on fire like CA. Floyd is any of that close to you? Here still raining, still flooding, but rain stops tonight and then its supposed to be dry for awhile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The race I mentioned above is actually $10,000--$20,000--$10,000 and he sun is shining and they are bout ready to start time trials as I type this. Door cars only

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
No, Fern, it's on the other side of LA. send some of that rain our way if you can.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Got a early start on Thanksgiving. I just couldn't walkby 47 cent a lb turkeys without getting one. The neighbors are loving it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You missed your calling Floyd---should have been a Chef!!!!!!