DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just in case the gravity of the situation hasn't sunk in.

Never before in history have nuclear powers openly threatened unprovoked nuclear attacks on one another.

A false alarm could bring on the End, by mistake.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I lived as a civilian in Saigon...

Fern, my brother pretty much did the same thing. He was in logistics in the Army then went back as a civilian. I have benefited greatly over the years from his experiences.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never before in history have nuclear powers openly threatened unprovoked nuclear attacks on one another.

While somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and if one is looking for a silver lining, the coasts would be the most likely targets.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He didn’t try this shyt while Trump was in office.
Too little too late.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

While somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and if one is looking for a silver lining, the coasts would be the most likely targets.

I don't see it as attacking me, you speaking Truth. That would be kiddie table logic.

I'm 20 miles from Central Command at MacDill AFB.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
One thing is for sure oil producers and retailers will be seeing record profits. This will effect everyone except the 1% at the top , just more profit for them. But I’m stocked with plenty of supplies like Chris, going to work on my wife’s road warrior vehicle to keep my mind busy!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I don’t worry about things I can’t control.

We’re here for a good time, not a long time, make the best of your time, your life. We all die.

I plan to start the 2022 season in 50 days and the price of gas/diesel nor a war in Ukraine will stop me.

^^^^^^^ X2
x3

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Racing is just a hobby for most. You will live with out it. But what concerns me is innocent women and children loosing there lives. It is sick that many people are just selfish and care only about them selves. I would rather gas be $20 a gallon then people die.Some people WOW.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firstly, 1320 is an idiot

First, you're a hater! Loser Canted Valve

Second

Third...

quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I don’t worry about things I can’t control.

We’re here for a good time, not a long time, make the best of your time, your life. We all die.

I plan to start the 2022 season in 50 days and the price of gas/diesel nor a war in Ukraine will stop me.

^^^^^^^ X2
x3

quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Gotta agree with 1320 on this one. I pay attention, I control what I can control, and I position myself as best I can to navigate potential hard times. Having done all that, I then go do what I do - racing, good times with my family, etc. Pearl-clutching gets you nowhere.

quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I lived as a civilian in Saigon during the middle 60s and can tell you as war was all around life went on--people didn't pay attention unless it touched them. Much as I hate it I will go on with my life. Hate it but to old to worry about it.

Last, this a bracket racing forum and you ain't got shyt nor done shyt worth talking about, hence why most of your replies are in the Politics and more Politics forum where this thread should be.

Again, I couldn't care any less! Spitting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Chicken Little and tin foil hats . Worry over what is for supper and not things far exceeding your abilities.Drag race forum lololol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
The fallacy of thinking you have no control is some (not all) of the problem. Someone once said all politics is local. Have any of you become involved in your local community politics? Doubt it. TRUE change starts at the bottom with us. In todays climate most if not all want the government to do something. Well who the h-e-l-l is the government, it's us, the voting public. If that right is infringed upon then you take to the streets. Who among us is willing to put EVERYTHING on the line to protect our God given rights, our constitutional right to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Our founders did just that. Will you? I know I will.

Exactly. And yes I have, and probably will again in the near future.

Fern, I appreciate your sentiment on those fleeing their country. But let's be realistic here. Those folks that their President offered a gun to, have no training, and no other equipment, and have no real way to fight tanks and aircraft with the zero preparation they have done. And that last part is the part that is perhaps the part we should take note of.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And I see, ignorance is indeed.....bliss for some.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ZERO shyts given!

There is exactly NOTHING you can do about it!!

What happens in Ukraine in no way effects my "God given rights, our constitutional right to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

I will pursue my happiness in 49 days regardless of what Putin does in Ukraine.

That's the FACTS and the TRUTH!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bucky,
Got to agree. 95% of my friends actually have no idea about the truth around the so-called Jan 6th "insurrection" scam being a protest that some people became stupid at. Take over our government with a few flagpoles and signs they were provided? Where were the Capital Police and Nat guard? Leaders knew the Protest march was coming but did nothing, they (the libs) needed it to happen at whatever cost to always have that to use against Trump. Seemed to have worked as they are still dealing with it.

They are not aware of how severe the summer riots were, mainly as a pretext to what they can get by with.

The uninformed think a memorial for George Floyd is Ok but not one for the Police who are murdered sitting in their cars. What a ridiculous thing Minneapolis allowed to happen.

The media controls a lot more of their thoughts and what they think is knowledge that they can imagine.

My wife thought I was a bit of "prepper" for the last few years but I have her full support now. No debt, no mortgage, a plan for us and family members to get through a tough short stretch.

I will go on with my daily life and business and plan on entering over 35 races this summer, just in Iowa, that all pay over $5000 and are within 100 miles. With fuel prices likely to climb over $5.00-$7.00 this summer I think travel will be limited for a lot of guys that must put family first.

I pray our currently very weak Administration will get rid of military leaders that were political appointees and get the "real generals and admirals" in place that will make decisions based on protecting US Citizens and not "political correctness" we see them working on today. When military will pay for sex change operations it is safe to say, protecting Americans has slipped down the "important list" for our politicized military leadership.

Current times didn't just happen, it has been a plan for years and the social media censorship of the President of the United States but not other political leaders is the biggest sign of what can happen as well as the Canada govt being able to lock down personal bank accounts because those people didn't fall in line with Trudeaus politics.

Scary times, stay alert and keep enough cash and supplies for a couple weeks to cover you and yours when the bank infrastructure takes a hit.

Until then, see ya at the stripe!!

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chicken Little and tin foil hats

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
One great thing about living in country around age old friends. Pretty good network on food items that you can survive on. Maybe not what you want but far from going hungry. Also 99% of group I deal with are hunters and gun nuts. Most see the potential for really bad shyt happening. Most go on life as normal and just complain about it. Few are not preppers but also not unprepared in case of. Lots of various skills amongst group also.

1st rule around here in crisis the 3 F's. Family, friends or f-ck you. I didn't buy all these loud toys to protect others. I don't have small storage of long life foods for other either.

While I try to keep hope of major change for the good. I do not really see it coming. I see change coming , but not for the good. If you don't see the potential for it you are either blind or just in denial. Heck I hope I am wrong as can be. Be nice to see how others feel when wrong.LOL

I do not expect to have wreck this morning or next month , but I have insurance on all vehicles anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I moved $455k dollars of cash today and will be doing more very soon. Those that don't feel a since of urgency and take action will be the proverbial duck.

I try to keep a diversified portfolio of dividend paying stocks.
Who knows how long this Ukraine/Russia conflict could last?
It's probably fake news,but there is currently a report that Ukraine/Russia are ready to "negotiate".

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I moved $455k dollars of cash today and will be doing more very soon. Those that don't feel a since of urgency and take action will be the proverbial duck.

This is the moron using words he can't spell that thinks he knows. Didn't think of that

This thread is full of scared old men and rednecks that think they are rambo.

Meanwhile...markemark, SS427IMP, SlyFox, ferndaleflyer, 67TSCHEVY2 ain't scare nor talking nonsense about "survival", supplies and guns Roll Eyes and we KNOW that what putin does in Ukraine, in no way effects our "God given rights, our constitutional right to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" as we plan for the start of the 2022 racing season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And back to the original post: I have had a really bad feeling since the State Of The Union speech that Trump gave in early 2020.
At that time,I really thought the country was on the right track.To me,things were heading in the right direction.
And even if you didn't agree with this,to have the Speaker of The House rip the speech up behind him was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.
Shortly after,a virus starts spreading that cripples the US economy.
Videos appear on You Tube of a guy named Anthony Fauci who GUARANTEED that a pandemic would arrive some time during the Trump administration.He said this in 2017.How did he have so much confidence?

Not much any of us can do about all of this.Try to vote and race as much as your budget allows.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post