DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Inspection and Cheating:

SFG Promotions, Inc., in an effort to combat cheating and the use of methods or devices that are against the rules or the intent of fair competition, retains the ability to review and/or inspect any competition vehicle and all of its components (including hardware and software), items/articles on or about the drivers person, and/or supporting equipment or persons associated with the competitor. SFG Promotions, Inc. may also employ or use devices to detect or affect systems that may be used in an illegal manner. Random checks and impounding of equipment may be done at any time through the course of an event. If a vehicle or other equipment is impounded, two individuals (i.e. driver and/or owner) will be allowed to stay with the vehicle to observe the inspection but must not interfere with the
inspection. If requested by an SFG Official, the vehicle/equipment/etc. must be provided immediately and no alteration/removal/etc. may be completed. A polygraph test may also be utilized as part of the
inspection.

If a competitor or owner refuses to allow SFG Promotions and its officials/staff to inspect or review the above mentioned or additional items at the time it is requested, it can be determined to be equivalent to a failed inspection.

If a competitor is determined to have violated the rules and spirit of fair competition, or refused to allow for the inspection/review, that competitor/owner will forfeit all entries, re-entries, and earnings associated with that competitor and vehicles affected and be barred from competition at any future SFG sanctioned event. Example: 1 car, 2 drivers – both drivers are considered in violation and will not be granted refund or earnings.

Forfeited earnings will be distributed in the following manner and only applicable at the event in which the violation is identified but will be applied to all races that constitute the event.:

If the competitor earned money in a race only prior to the SFG Promotions identified “split round”, earnings will be split equally between any competitor who was eliminated by the
violating competitor/entry.

If the competitor earned money after the SFG Promotions identified “split round”, earnings will be equally distributed between all remaining competitors of the “split round” and any competitor who was eliminated by the violating competitor/entry prior to the split round.

If the violation is identified after one or more of the races at an event is completed, those races will have the forfeited earnings distributed in the same manner for that event.

LINK to Complete Rules Guide

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Now we’re getting somewhere. It’s time to put everything out in the open and end all of this speculation he said she said bullcrap. These races are paying more money than the top fuel,funnycar and prostock titles combined. There needs to be cut and dry tech from every big money race promoter. Eliminate the gray areas so there’s no doubt. There use to be a rule in NHRA that you were only allowed to use data recorders during time runs and qualifying. And had to be disconnected in eliminations. NASCAR has a rule that you are only allowed to have any data recordings during testing only. All equipment must be removed from the car prior to race weekends.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We’re nowhere until they are impounding the cars, helmets, fire suits on the return road of those who are regularly in the late rounds and winning these big $ races on a regular basis.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

in the 2020 america, criminals are praised as superstars, heroes and on par with brave men and women that died defending our flag.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So that sounds like a good start and approach. But having gone through a tear down at the 5 Day race at Moroso years ago I will say this and I am not picking on anyone either! But the inspectors had no chance of finding anything illegal! NONE, ZERO! They were not trained to look for anything illegal so how could they find anything? That was about 15 years ago! I can't even imagine what can be done now! Unless SFG or any other race promoter hires a specially trained inspector who knows his stuff and how it can be used for our racing purposes, it's going to yield little if anything but positive PR for the race promoter...

But I will say the polygraph test sound interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if anyone knows of what is out there now and how its being used, maybe they should be supplying the details, and hoping the inspectors are paying attention!! LOL

Just a thought - With regards to controlling the release of the transbarake devices discussed in the other tread, why wouldn't the tracks/promoters dumb things down a bit and assume they don't have the tech to catch this stuff (cuz they dont')but change the time between the yellows to green light on a random basis, both lanes the same so it has an equal impact to both racers. It wouldn't take long to catch someone doing something like this.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
They don't appear to have any rules to enforce with this new approach. It just says they can do inspections etc. Nothing about what is legal or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: head gamez,

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the devil is in the details.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My hat is off for Kyle and AJ, great start.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No one is going to be caught doing anything at any of these races because there isn't an tech inspector out there that knows what they are looking as was just proven by a co promoter of this race at Dragway 42. No one has the capabilities to plug into a grid and find out if it has been "jail broken" to hide the ARC module detection feature nor have I seen or heard of anyone pulling off a front wheel, spindle or lower control arm to search for wiring or a sensor. Lots of old school technology still be used out there and still no one knows how to detect it or make it stop and I don't think that is going to change by SFG putting out a rule revision post a week before the race.

Needs to be a inspector at the end of the track at the turn off with laptop in hand ready to plug into every single grid on property along with someone else who can check for driveshaft sensors are unhooked or completely taken off the car. Needs to be randoms throughout the event along with everyone in the "split" torn down and everything looked at. 95% of the people there will be within the rules and playing fair but if you think the other 5% aren't trying to cheat others out of this life changing money you are simply foolish!!

Posts: 45 | Location: behind you | Registered: July 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Trip zip and dead on zero!

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
still no one knows how to detect it or make it stop

wrong... just say'n Wink

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Scott, any details yet?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Scott, any details yet?

Don't hold your breath! This deal has turned into a political soap opera. Put up or shut up.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Let me say it in a different way.... ask it a different way.

What equipment or actions are they looking for or that they deem against the "rules of fair competition?" They have no real rules outlining any of this. I noticed a similar question on their FB post about this that is no longer there.

I no longer race, nor have I raced an SFG event. I also dont believe that there is rampant cheating taking place at theirs or other events. Im just curious... if you are going to tear down a car and throw someone out, you aught to at least outline (even vaguely) what it is you deem illegal. Luke had a good idea when he said a simple rule saying that the driver has to be in control of the cars actions (im paraphrasing it). That is at least a good starting point.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
IF the race promoter would put on the flyer that everybody is subject to having three GoPro cameras mounted in the car with them to check for cheating. This way you would not need a trained tech official or any expense on technical equipment to detect something. And if anybody was cheating they'd be too scared to show up at the track.

Thoughts anyone?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
They just implemented this at this track..Hmm

Wanted to get this info out. It technically goes without saying. But. Needs to be said. First.—At no point do I Believe we have this issue, but it’s better to address this now as it’s been asked.

NO BOX cars. You MUST remove any delay box/button delay timers from your vehicle if you compete in no box class. Period. (Other than final rd race we’re no box and box run off)

With our updated payouts. We expect a higher car count with new entries and multiple double entries. You may place the box back in for Box class if your doubled. But must remove it before No Box round. Adjustable buttons are allowed as long as they meet IHRA RULES.

We will be completing spot checks at various times. Please do not be offended if your asked for an inspection. We must keep this fair. You may choose to refuse an inspection as that is your right, but you will be disqualified and all entry fees forfeited. You will also not be allowed back into a bracket race at US41 until an inspection on said vehicle is completed.

Again. I believe we have honest racers and this is in no way intended to accuse or offend anyone. Just needed to clear up any questions before our big race July 4th weekend and going forward at our new $2500 to win bracket races. See ya all at bracket mania 2020 in 2 weeks.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
IF the race promoter would put on the flyer that everybody is subject to having three GoPro cameras mounted in the car with them to check for cheating. This way you would not need a trained tech official or any expense on technical equipment to detect something. And if anybody was cheating they'd be too scared to show up at the track.

Thoughts anyone?

Exactly there is to much gray area in the rules. I'd like to know what happened at the derby city 50k race. Where in the middle of the race everyone had to disconnect their driveshaft sensors.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hangonrcer:
No one has the capabilities to plug into a grid and find out if it has been "jail broken" to hide the ARC module detection feature

Needs to be a inspector at the end of the track at the turn off with laptop in hand ready to plug into every single grid on property along with someone else who can check for driveshaft sensors are unhooked or completely taken off the car.

I’ve never heard of this about Grid, and perhaps you could be more specific on exactly what you have written.

Just because a vehicle has a driveshaft sensor, doesn’t make them suspicious. Driveshaft data acquisition is perfectly legal in box / no-box N/Ihra competition.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"A polygraph test may also be utilized as part of the
inspection."

Yeah right hahaha. I'm willing to bet whoever added this snippet never took one. The rest sounds plausible but not a chance someone employs this tactic.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
If there were tech savy inspectors out there actually doing reputable inspections someone would have already been busted lol ... a little envelope with a lot of cash in it dumbs a lot of people down .

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post