DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Exactly there is to much gray area in the rules. I'd like to know what happened at the derby city 50k race. Where in the middle of the race everyone had to disconnect their driveshaft sensors.[/QUOTE]

I would be pissed if this happened at any race I was at. Just proves they don’t have a clue what to look for so they do something like this! I would demand all my entry back plus tow money and or demand my car be inspected with a $10,000.00 wager that they won’t find anything. If your going to make rule changes during a race, post it in LARGE print on the flyer so I know not to attend.
And for what the SFG is doing, good for them. Take charge of the situation and find what’s out there.
BB just makes my blood boil when I read something like this. Sorry, rant over.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Barney, I was there and they literally announced for over an hour to take them off. We took ours off of all of our cars, everyone I know of took theirs off.

Should they have changed during the race? In my opinion...No! But they did an I’d assume 99 percent of the people on the property knew about it. They had 3 rules and with this one that made literally 4 things you couldn’t have on your car.

If you were there you would have gotten the memo like everyone else and undone you drive shaft sensor.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
Barney, I was there and they literally announced for over an hour to take them off. We took ours off of all of our cars, everyone I know of took theirs off.

Should they have changed during the race? In my opinion...No! But they did an I’d assume 99 percent of the people on the property knew about it. They had 3 rules and with this one that made literally 4 things you couldn’t have on your car.

If you were there you would have gotten the memo like everyone else and undone you drive shaft sensor.

I don’t agree with rule changes like that because they don’t check EVERY car to make sure 100% of them unhooked theirs. So that’s why I’m saying what I’m saying. I raced at a track that made a lot of rules but really never in forced them. They either knew someone was cheating but didn’t want to confront them or they had no idea so they just took the easy way out. You are correct, I was not there so I probably should have keep my thoughts to myself.

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how do I have to ask? I’m gonna go spend $4,200 to double enter the Million and is tricks on the tree legal or not!?!?!

I’m not worried about house cars, polygraphs or anything else, literally just want to know what the damn rules are!!!

And no I don’t care what your interpretation of the rules are! SHOW ME THE RULES!!! Is that too much to ask?

The rules are listed at the bottom of this flier

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks to me from what Scott said, there are no rules. Run whatever you want. If you read SFG website, they're gonna be pouring over the run sheets.

To me that sounds like a fair warning, they have something they feel confident about in policing the digital boxes at the least.

All they need is one good customer to set the tone.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
The rules are listed at the bottom of this flier

[/QUOTE]

So, they are going to make up rules as the race goes? Why don’t they just list rules and stick to them?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
quote:

I don’t agree with rule changes like that because they don’t check EVERY car to make sure 100% of them unhooked theirs. So that’s why I’m saying what I’m saying. I raced at a track that made a lot of rules but really never in forced them. They either knew someone was cheating but didn’t want to confront them or they had no idea so they just took the easy way out. You are correct, I was not there so I probably should have keep my thoughts to myself.

First you have to make sure every single car going down the track knows this rule change. And every car is checked prior to eliminations. Secondly I want to know exactly what is the basis for this rule in the first place. And I want a straight answer or I'm loading up and leaving. If you want to make some rules for your race put it in the flyer. Give yourself a paper trail and stand behind your decision.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
quote:

When driveshaft sensors are outlawed, only outlaws will have driveshaft sensors.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
The Pirate is 100% correct!

As I have said twice now (and more before).... they are going to be policing rules that they don't have. If I fail a polygraph test for having one of the famous “tree readers”, then I haven’t broken any rules. There are very few rules....

Skinny Tires in the front, big tires out back.... pay at the gate, and race on the track.

Except... now you can do a layaway for your entry as long as the tires are in the right spot and you have a diaper.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ike Hamma told me in 1987 it would come to this

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Cmar:
Ike Hamma told me in 1987 it would come to this

And he was a wise man, always looked up to m
him.

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

When driveshaft sensors are outlawed, only outlaws will have driveshaft sensors.[/QUOTE]

Really? So Racepaks should be eliminated right? IMHO Racepak is a tool, it helps you find a problem you might not find without it. A drive shaft sensor is a part of the Racepak, it lets you see tire spin/slip throughout the run. Gives you a chance to make a change to improve on it. If you think a drive shaft sensor is aiding you in a run, let me look at the data and I’ll help you understand

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sure glad I don't run Top, except when I do. Smile And even more glad that I still have a great time, even when I get eliminated in the first round. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mark Cmar... Ike was right and he would be laughing about thinking cheaters will be caught. Actually, they should just allow "anything", then you can't cheat or be cheated, right?

A local stock car track had an answer for "Traction Control" issues. When you enter they had you a serial numbered MSD-6 box. Don't like those boxes or that rule, go somewhere else. Ended the issue with modified MSD boxes at that track.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
they should just allow "anything", then you can't cheat or be cheated, right?

that's what most fail to comprehend, they do with the exception of stutter boxes and slew rate controllers.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
they should just allow "anything", then you can't cheat or be cheated, right?

that's what most fail to comprehend, they do with the exception of stutter boxes and slew rate controllers.

Dead on! LOL i think i can make my car a pretty good footbrake car ...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my firebird already is and for the record, I don't support any SFG races nor most other big $ bracket races and have no plans to for all the reasons in my posts here but Kyle Riley is the PT Barnum of bracket racing and he's now a wealthy man due to his genius.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Almost 24 hours later and I feel like the old guy yelling “get off my lawn you dang kids!!!”

Almost 60 responses and not 1, repeat NO ONE said tricks on the tree are illegal!!!

I understand the rules just fine now. Run whatcha bring and hope ya brung enuff!!! I dig it!

Sorry to bother y’all and thanks for the info.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I did Lynn, 4 posts up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320...pretty sure we are 100% on the same page on the rules.

Thanks, as usual you speak the truth even when most people don’t want to hear it.

Lynn Ellison