DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Releases New Rules ahead of SFG 1.1 Million - Cheating Penalties Outlined
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by hangonrcer:
No one has the capabilities to plug into a grid and find out if it has been "jail broken" to hide the ARC module detection feature

Needs to be a inspector at the end of the track at the turn off with laptop in hand ready to plug into every single grid on property along with someone else who can check for driveshaft sensors are unhooked or completely taken off the car.

I’ve never heard of this about Grid, and perhaps you could be more specific on exactly what you have written.

Just because a vehicle has a driveshaft sensor, doesn’t make them suspicious. Driveshaft data acquisition is perfectly legal in box / no-box N/Ihra competition.

Not to mention that some cars were built with Racepak dashes to cut down on the wiring redundancy. You take out the computer, the dash no longer works. All for a product that to my knowledge has no ability to alter the way a car runs. Not sure what that fixes.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
"A polygraph test may also be utilized as part of the
inspection."

Yeah right hahaha. I'm willing to bet whoever added this snippet never took one. The rest sounds plausible but not a chance someone employs this tactic.

Probably going to be a qualified polygraph machine and operator there and a big light over a chair.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably going to be a qualified polygraph machine and operator there and a big
light over a chair.

Inspections are needed but most likely the inspector will have friends that will need inspected and you know how that will go. Adding the line about the polygraph just seems silly.
I'm sure they are going to have this machine and operator there all weekend on stand by so he can give a random test at 1:00am between the semis and the finals lol Wink Razz Roll Eyes

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
You can inspect all the car you want. If Bob the tech guy doesn't know what hes looking for its pointless. Even the most seasoned tech inspector will have issues looking for cheater.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
agree. there is no safety check, no credential checks at any of these events and now sfg wants their customers to believe they are serious about weeding out the cheaters. These new rules are just words on paper and btw, where's the commitment to end house cars too?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
It's hard to enforce the rules when there aren't any rules.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
House cars? Is it safe to say if it has a BIG SFG sticker on the cars it's a house car?

As the time passes the BIG money races will dwindle due to the fact it could cost $5,000.00 a weekend per racer to race double entered in every race with buy backs included.

Then some will look at racing house cars as a REAL issue? The combined cost vs reality of winning against stacked decks will become a problem as well or it already is.

Kyle is reading and certainly can clear the air on House cars IF he chooses to do so...Kyle's call.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
and btw, where's the commitment to end house cars too?

All the talk about catching cheaters is to divert attention away from the house cars? Smile

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no

agree

already is

why would he. He's the best at what he does, the PT Barnum of gambler's races.

The house never loses!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
These new rules are just words on paper and btw, where's the commitment to end house cars too?

I agree and the house car thing is probably as big an issue as people cheating. We know for sure there are house cars but we don't know for sure there is any cheating going on.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
agree. there is no safety check, no credential checks at any of these events and now sfg wants their customers to believe they are serious about weeding out the cheaters. These new rules are just words on paper and btw, where's the commitment to end house cars too?

EXACTLY....well put question Ed

Posts: 470 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Can someone please explain a "house car" and how it can affect the outcome of the race for me.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
House cars? Is it safe to say if it has a BIG SFG sticker on the cars it's a house car?

As the time passes the BIG money races will dwindle due to the fact it could cost $5,000.00 a weekend per racer to race double entered in every race with buy backs included.

Then some will look at racing house cars as a REAL issue? The combined cost vs reality of winning against stacked decks will become a problem as well or it already is.

Kyle is reading and certainly can clear the air on House cars IF he chooses to do so...Kyle's call.

It may be my lack of experience with house cars, or my perspective. But it just seems if it is only house cars (no lack of rules enforcement) then what is the problem? Same pot. Same number of cars to race to get to the final. What the other guys do with their money is not my concern, even it they are giving it to the promoter. I'm betting there is more to this considering the folks who are speaking up against it.

Now out of the other side of my mouth: When you are promoting a race, just the image of something not being on the up and up is enough to turn people off. Seems like playing a game that will eventually turn sour.

As far as this being lip service: Well, I don't see any teeth in this that there wasn't before. Polygraph? Please. Even if it were used who would trust the results? I'm to think that there have been devices engineered to detect cheating and evil thoughts and keep it from happening that will be employed here too. Don't get me wrong. It's a good thing to put measures into place that make for a level playing field. These things didn't strike me as being effective. Guess we will see if all the cheating stops? Maybe we need to know how much cheating was going on in the first place. How much was it anyhow?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
and btw, where's the commitment to end house cars too?

All the talk about catching cheaters is to divert attention away from the house cars? Smile

What's a house car?

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know I am stupid, but could someone please show me the rules and what specifically is illegal?

I see that slew rate controller are illegal, one MSD box is along with stutter boxes. Nothing about manipulating the tree in SFG's flyer or website that I can find?

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of kilroy
posted Hide Post
The bottom line is you don't have to go..

Old Age and Treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

Posts: 325 | Location: bottoms bridge,va | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:
I know I am stupid, but could someone please show me the rules and what specifically is illegal?

I see that slew rate controller are illegal, one MSD box is along with stutter boxes. Nothing about manipulating the tree in SFG's flyer or website that I can find?

See that's the problem. Everyone knows right from wrong.

If you have a device sensing the tree, it's wrong.

If you have a device speeding up or slowing down the car, it's wrong.

It's real simple, everyone knows right from wrong.

Everyone is on the honor system.

Playing dumb doesn't erase the fact, everyone knows right from wrong.

I know what you mean about right and wrong,but the sport of drag racing is very innovative. If you were to apply your logic,even a delay box was once considered cheating.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
People know right from wrong, lol. That why we have time clocks and HR departments and state regulations regarding employment laws. Because people are honest.

Can you imagine if Nascar used the honor system? Formula 1? N/IHRA? Etc.

People will always try to get a competitive advantage. If you don't list the rules, there are no rules. Sanctioning body rules should always apply even if it is "just a track rental" Each one has its own rule book and the promoter can add whatever he likes to it.

The whole premise of, "we are going to check for illegal devices" is BS. Without a list of said illegal devices, who's to say what is legal and what is not? Its a matter of opinion or do the racers get to vote on the findings during the tear down?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:

See that's the problem. Everyone knows right from wrong.

If you have a device sensing the tree, it's wrong.

If you have a device speeding up or slowing down the car, it's wrong.

It's real simple, everyone knows right from wrong.

Everyone is on the honor system.

Playing dumb doesn't erase the fact, everyone knows right from wrong.

I know what you mean about right and wrong,but the sport of drag racing is very innovative. If you were to apply your logic,even a delay box was once considered cheating.

A delay box is a timer allows YOU to let go of a button on the first light you see. All it is.

It doesn't speed up the car or slow it down.

YOU still have to produce something.

It is legal for YOU to hang your leg out the door, to speed or slow up the car LoL.

See that's what I'm talking about, that's a wildly unreasonable explanation which clouds the issue at hand.

In competition the laws of the universe say YOU have to produce victory, not a gizmo that speeds up or slows down the car.

Let's say someone has figured out a way for the driver to get an electric shock when the top bulb goes on.The electric shock causes them to release the button at virtually the same time each time.They are still releasing the button.Legal or Illegal?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any outside influence in which YOU don't produce victory, is wrong.

Help from a track official or gizmo is wrong.

Everyone already knows this.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post