DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leadhead15717:
OK interesting question , My Trailer has a GVW of 7k The unladen weight is 1980 lbs The truck GVW is 7k If I am not loaded to the hilt in the trailer am I ok??????

The trooper pulling you over won't know what your real weight is. And won't care. All he knows is what your tags and registration say. And any two different troopers will usually have two different interpritations of the law! I guess they could have portable scales but I've never seen that myself!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They do have portable scales.The whole impression I got was as long as the trailer was rated under 10,000 then it didn't really matter what the truck was rated.Once you hit the 10,000 mark then everything changes but didn't ask about that because I am only rated 9,990.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
So with the 1st Pittsburgh Pro Mod race coming up on May 14th, what is the buzz with all the Pro Mod/ Top Sportsman guys? Who will be coming? Any new faces or cars? Might as well shoot for the 3s the first time out to snag that bonus money!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
The bonus money is still up for grabs, but I'm only paying for a part of it. Not sure who's putting up the rest.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Talked to Greg and he say the "First in the 3's" bounty is still set at $1000. It is also on the Pittsburgh Pro Mods flyer above the PRP symbol

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Tony:
How far along is Geno on the 860 in Ford Hemi?
Will it be ready for the first race?

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
well not sure where the money is coming from but should be interesting to see who takes it home! Hopefully we can get some heavy hitters interested and involved in this program! Would be insane to see Greg have to bump the qualifying from 8 to 16!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

FOREVER 53

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
oh and by the way the Cobalt turned out great....

Obviously!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550

FOREVER 53

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
thanks we will be there. That is our testing time. Obviously.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just a confirming phone call from a car that plans to run with us in the PPM series as long as our dates and the dates with the circuit he normally runs with don't conflict. He feels if the track is warm enough, the $1000 bounty will be his. And it's not a idle boast either, he's been in the 3.90's with it. So maybe Teddy, Jimmy and John need to add a 5th system to keep pace.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark D.
posted Hide Post
Like Bill Said ,safety checks will be big this year .I was stopped by dot last mth comming off the turnpike at new stanton, and they checked my breakaway swith and chains. Battery for breakaway was dead made me park it and fix it before I could move it. Dot cop wrote me up a 119 dollor citation And told me they would be cracking down on trailors this year.

Posts: 32 | Location: somewhere on the starting line | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thinking of Mark and the Brewer clan today
Praying Angel hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
coming to race tonight at the PGH!! Hope to get a good car count for the money with all this rainy weekend crap!!

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Maybe give your Orange nova buddy a call and see if he is off!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Lou! I'll see you up there. I'll just be hanging out after I take care of my pits. With the weather looking as spectacular as it is, car count should be real good. I'll check with him, but between the family, and he's now night shift, chances are slim.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Lou can you sqeeze a second car in your trailer or the back of your truck? Mines in the shop and I ain't taking my gas guzzling motorhouse down there for tnt.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are the Memorial Day weekend races 1/4 or 1/8?

Posts: 44 | Location: @ the shop | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
1/4 mile

At this point, I believe the only races scheduled to be 1/8th mile are the Pro Am races, the box/no box races on the Pro Am weekends, and the Bracket Finals

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm working on some new music for the Pittsburgh Pro Mod shows. Instead of using one song and making everybody sick of it, I'd like to start each round off with a different song. I've got quite a few on my list. Matter of fact I have 49 songs on my list and including qualifying there are only 30 rounds scheduled. I'd like some ideas from everybody else. What songs would you like to hear?
THIS IS NOT A VOTE. Just asking for suggestions.
Can't be too off the wall, remember, we're trying to play to the whole crowd.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
They do have portable scales.The whole impression I got was as long as the trailer was rated under 10,000 then it didn't really matter what the truck was rated.Once you hit the 10,000 mark then everything changes but didn't ask about that because I am only rated 9,990.

The Green One is correct (sort of).

There are 3 different "numbers" involved in all of this.
1. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) - this is set by the manufacturer and can be found on the "tag" or "plate" usually in the door jam on trucks.

2. The Registered Gross Weight (RGW) - this is the weight at which you choose to register your truck / trailer. You can register for less than the GVWR, but not for more. However, you can not register it for less than it actually weighs (see number 3).

3. The actual weight of the vehicle. If this number is more than what you are registered at (see number 2)then you are overweight and can be fined. Pick up trucks filled with a heavy load in the bed often fall into this category.

If you want to know if you need a CDL license, follow this simple formula:

1. If your truck has a GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds, then you need a CDL.

2. If your truck and trailer combined have a GVWR of more than 26,000 pounds AND your tailer has a GVWR in excess of 10,000 pounds, then you need a CDL.

A one ton truck with a GVWR of 11,000 towing a trailer with a GVWR of 15,001 would require a CDL.

However, a truck with a GVWR of 20,000 towing a trailer with a GVWR of 9,999 would NOT require a CDL.

Hope this helps. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Posts: 5 | Location: PA | Registered: April 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post