DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cant trust anyone!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cant trust anyone!!!
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a brand new set of rod bearing sitting on the shelf that I bought 20 years ago for a motor I no longer have. They are .010 under so they won’t work for any of my current motors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: green1,

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I ain’t restoring an old muscle car, don’t need or want nos bearings/parts in my engines.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OMG ... freshness dates on race parts ... what’s next?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Really but claiming a motor was just freshened and in great shape and explodes in 7 passes is all good.......... Wow!

Nothing to see here Folks, Move along.

Democrats doing what Democrats Do.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

What next? You have to send in you engine every two years to get it re-certed and a new SFI sticker.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I want my new bearings to be "fresh" when they go in my engine....Old ones might be spoiled and smelly.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

I've never looked at a date code on a bearing. All I care about is if it's the right bearing for the application. If it measures out to what I'm looking for, it gets ran....

Slicks on the other hand......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Really but claiming a motor was just freshened and in great shape and explodes in 7 passes is all good.......... Wow!

I never said anything like that jaacka$$. I don't give a shyt about the one side of a story about some used engine posted here. I'm just laughing at the kneejerk reactions calling for carbon dating race car parts.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I'm re-building a 400 SB Chev from what's left of a major blown up engine

Doing some preassembly checks..

Found some nice Clevite P bearings new in the box dated from .....1986....!

Perfect for this use....

I once worked in a Classic car restoration facility.....
We'd get New Old Stock parts in the original boxes and they might be in worse shape than what was being replaced.
Rust from sitting on the shelf for many years.....

My shelves are dry.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These plastic racers have some funny idea's

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

I never said anything like that jaacka$$. I don't give a shyt about the one side of a story about some used engine posted here. I'm just laughing at the kneejerk reactions calling for carbon dating race car parts.

Hello! Duh! I was agreeing with you. Little testy Eh?

I was saying I do not care about the Date of the bearings and surprised that nobody cares the motor blew up in 7 passes. That is the real issue not the date. But look at the date on the bearings... Look! Squirrel!

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry Curly, I had just walked in from a 12 hour round trip to Arizona and back. Misread your post, reacted, took a shower and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and read your post and thought “hummm, I’m kind of a bonehead huh?” Apologies

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I want my new bearings to be "fresh" when they go in my engine....Old ones might be spoiled and smelly.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

I've never looked at a date code on a bearing. All I care about is if it's the right bearing for the application. If it measures out to what I'm looking for, it gets ran....

Slicks on the other hand......

Makes perfect sense to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry Curly, I had just walked in from a 12 hour round trip to Arizona and back. Misread your post, reacted, took a shower and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and read your post and thought “hummm, I’m kind of a bonehead huh?” Apologies

Lol, all good we know who the real problems are.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want my new bearings to be "fresh" when they go in my engine....Old ones might be spoiled and smelly.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAH

you sound like a straight up d bag...every night before i go to bed,im going to say a prayer to the big guy in the sky that your **** blows the **** up Praying

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
For what its worth I checked the date on some rod and main bearings I just got a couple of weeks ago, both stamped 6/20 so they are 1 year old

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
For what its worth I checked the date on some rod and main bearings I just got a couple of weeks ago, both stamped 6/20 so they are 1 year old

I get the whole bearing date thing...these phuctards are just acting arrogant...my point is only that if this really was an alleged new freshen to the tune of 7g you would expect dates similar to what you encountered steve...thats all im saying....this isnt even my engine..the poor guy has moved on just like these arrogant ****s should

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Old chit Made in USA by Americans

New garbage made in china by wing wong ching chong

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
New garbage made in china - wing wong ching chong

but im sure you have no problem taking some chinese dyck

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Oh now don’t get yer shorts all in a wad!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
you sound like a straight up d bag...every night before i go to bed,im going to say a prayer to the big guy in the sky that your **** blows the **** up Praying

Dang dude, lighten up! If you can't deal with a little levity after all the bs on this page you got some serious issues......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post