DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cant trust anyone!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cant trust anyone!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lunati Pro Mod Rod folded in half and the OP starts a thread blaming the engine builder, while questioning his integrity as well!

This is some funny chit!!

The milk is out of date! LMAO!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
F'in look at that another post ruined. Good job guys

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only thing F'd up about this threads is dorks looking at manufacturing dates of bearings, as if it's milk that has expired. Geez!

I can imagine the keystone cops disassembling this engine, look look look look boss, we got em now, we caught em red handed LMAO!

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anytime I buy an engine, I take it apart and measure everything. If everything checks out,I admire the work of the man who bolted it together. If it don't check out, if nothing else, you learn of what a hack the builder was.

What you're told don't matter, the engine is completely broken down and reassembled. If you can't do it, you'll have to pay someone I suppose. If you don't take it apart and measure everything, you have only yourself to blame, if something goes to chit.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
So you haven't raced. Good. Just
Proved my point. Go back in your mamas basement now, it's time to change your diaper.

Soy boy.

I've been in 3 final rounds of the last four times I've entered a drag strip.

That's more final rounds than you've been in your entire life.

So much for needing seat time to win eh? Seat time is kinda out the window now to.

Only time slips we ever see out of this beast is 6.50's.... And if all this races you won are only 5 round races like the two above, that's a max of 32 cars first rd. not a lot of competition there...

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:

Only time slips we ever see out of this beast is 6.50's.... And if all this races you won are only 5 round races like the two above, that's a max of 32 cars first rd. not a lot of competition there...

I basically ignore everything he says but you have a very valid point.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Like always Sunshine or Bradenton, the competition is always good.

I've seen it all at Sunshine, when there wasn't enough room to park everyone and no buybacks. Won my first two championships with no buybacks and seven rounds every Friday night 41 race championship season, to now after the economy was offshored to china and low local turnouts, with buybacks.

The competition though, has always been good. This is Sunshine renamed by its new owner who obtained the facility for its round track, he's a roundy round racer.

He had three guaranteed $1000 to win Super pro races in 2013, called me and asked I show up for the guaranteed money, so I did.

If you must know, in the middle of a funny thread.

Now that you know, stay on topic dorks.

I'm waiting on the rest of the outdated milk photo's LMAO!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
'm waiting on the rest of the outdated milk photo's LMAO!

I got nothing...my freind had a conversation with the seller today and was told to ***** off...lesson learned i guess

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

I got nothing...my freind had a conversation with the seller today and was told to ***** off...lesson learned i guess

The seller is probably looking at this new bearing, you're treating as outdated expired milk due to your inexperience, while eluding to the fact the seller is a crook.

That's not very nice of you, especially since ya don't really know what you're looking at.

This is a undersized specialty bearing. I have a set of halves around here, this old or older.

Builders use these "upper" when they know what they're doing FYI.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I would of expected nothing else from the seller. Lots of risk buying used race cars/engines. You took a huge chance with the engine you bought....

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I realize that risk is taken buying a used or even new motor. We all know even on a new motor they will not do anything if you blow it up.

Still it appears the motor was not as the seller said it was so I see no need to protect his identity and reputation any longer.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
quote:

I realize that risk is taken buying a used or even new motor. We all know even on a new motor they will not do anything if you blow it up.

Still it appears the motor was not as the seller said it was, so I see no need to protect his identity and reputation any longer.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess im going to re phrase this as my freinds recently purchased,12 pass old,7000.00 rebuild that looks like it hasnt been apart in a decade

LMAO!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
jenavet came across this post this morning. Saw the bearing and some of the comments. This afternoon out in my shop I went to the cabinet where I have collected many sets of bbc bearings std., -.001 ,+ .001, H series, P series, V series. So the bearings have been bought over the last 25 years or so. When I do an engine I mic each and every bearing and If I have to go through 2 or 30 I want what size I want and thats it. Now it may only be .0001 less or plus but I want what I want. Then I put the bearings I did not select back in their boxes and save for another time. The bearings are not bad but I just did not use for that particular build at the time. I have a full 2ft x 2ft cabinet full. So the date on the bearing may not be a tell tail as much as you may believe. It still sucks to lose a motor as badly as your pics indicate.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Consider the source, the OP has thrown numerous credible long time respected drag racing sources, under the bus on the interwebs.

Even Coan, no fault of their's either.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I prefer no one to blame but myself.

Blaming others is a waste of good energy, I can use for doing my own.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
So this 1999 purchased Lunati rotating assembly I'm getting ready to use has spoiled????? Damnit man!! Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess im going to re phrase this as my freinds recently purchased,12 pass old,7000.00 rebuild that looks like it hasnt been apart in a decade

Maybe it’s buried in the other pages, but was your friend told this was “recently” rebuilt? Also, depending on the shop size doing the work, it may be perfectly ok to see older bearings. Just my 2 cents. I sold my 555 BBC and it was fresh less a few runs as a backup. I’m sure it had older bearings as it was rebuilt well over 10 years before selling. The new owner received my build sheets with all the details including date of work, but not bearing date codes.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lesson learned here...tell the shop rebuilding your engine that you want bearings date coded the year of your rebuild.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Cone killer having a revelation finally

posted June 04, 2021 11:18 AM Hide Post
I prefer no one to blame but myself.

Blaming others is a waste of good energy, I can use for doing my own

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post