DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cant trust anyone!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cant trust anyone!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Can we stop calling him Mikey? I find it offensive to those of us that are named Mikey.

Laughing Hard

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lifters
gaskets
balancer freshen
valve springs
valve job
polish crank
resize rods
hone block
rings & bearings
might of stepped up to shaft rockers
pushrods
new camshaft
Labor assemble engine $1,000 - $1500
machine work $1000

Could easily be $7000 to freshen. sbc is no less than a BBC.

If this is a Lunati Pro Mod rod, it's more evidence it got rev'd to the moon.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could easily be $7000 to freshen. sbc is no less than a

its a feaking small block chevy!!! are they that rare that an engine builder would have to use parts from 15 years and older??? its a small block chevy for the lords sake..the most common motor on earth

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted June 01, 2021 09:03 AM Hide Post
Jena Vet had the engine been dynoed anywhere" How much HP?

he has the dyno sheet dated july 2016...700hp

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Could easily be $7000 to freshen. sbc is no less than a

its a feaking small block chevy!!! are they that rare that an engine builder would have to use parts from 15 years and older??? its a small block chevy for the lords sake..the most common motor on earth

When you're talking aftermarket blocks, Lunati Pro cranks and Pro mod rods, they're nearly the same cost to build as a BBC.

Couple thousand difference from a 434 sbc and a 632 BBC.

You're just inexperienced, it's why you come to piss poor conclusions on everything drag race related.

Call someone who knows drag racing, before coming to ill conclusions.

This is not a subjective (opinion) topic, anyone who knows drag racing will tell you the same.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lol, 7k to freshen a SBC..

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
Lol, 7k to freshen a SBC..

Where's the evidence the guy said he spent $7000 to freshen it?

You could spend $7000 freshening it easily, but it's just heresay without the list of upgrades, freshening it.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A quick Internet search shows you can buy a 421-434 short block for around that much money.

Sweet time slips without dates on them by the way.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
A quick Internet search shows you can buy a 421-434 short block for around that much money.

Sweet time slips without dates on them by the way.

There's no reason to lie about anything.

It be nice if everyone could grasp this concept.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Those time slips are old enough to be in 3rd grade.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those time slips are old enough to be in 3rd grade.

So much for seat time being needed to win Eh?

3 finals in the last 5 times I entered a drag strip.

Would've been 4 of 5, if I hadn't put the cross in backwards at 4 cars.

Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nowadays I only race when it's a full moon. Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Factory condition 69 Nova, still starts with a key, factory wiring harness on a 10" tire.

I'm a hack, what can I say, engine & trans built in house Laughing Hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what does the guy want for the blowed up small block bullet?

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
posted June 01, 2021 09:03 AM Hide Post
Jena Vet had the engine been dynoed anywhere" How much HP?

he has the dyno sheet dated july 2016...700hp

I'd sell ya real one 750hp plus, but I don't think you could afford a real one. Plus I think you'd most likely rev it to the moon, blow it up, then blame it on me, on the inter webs.

So I'll keep it.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Racing at a track 18 years ago against below average racers. Yup FxxxtwXt, you're such a winner. Lemme guess, they made sure no cones were on the track just in case.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
And I'm actually at work, making money so I can enjoy doing the things I do. Don't need to do anything to my ride, that I built, wired, tune, and drive. It's ready to go now, just needs fuel and tire pressures checked. You coming to play on the mountain? Your car would BARELY run fast enough to run super pro here, but it wouldn't matter anyway, our worst drivers would trailer you first round anyway.

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Racing at a track 18 years ago against below average racers. Yup FxxxtwXt, you're such a winner. Lemme guess, they made sure no cones were on the track just in case.....

The only dream you're living, is the delusional one in your head, which keeps telling you week after week, year after year, the turd you built is ready for anything other than burning 55 gallons of methanol between the time you make a couple time runs, and get loaded up first round LMAO.

Same as you did in Florida, for the three years you were here racing against the same racers, you
now claim to be below average racers.

Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Three years there? Wow, new one to me. Might want to recheck that number snowflake.

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Three years there? Wow, new one to me. Might want to recheck that number snowflake.

Did you pick up your 55 gallon drum of methanol ,for your next three trips down the track with the HOG, yet? LMAO

Maybe it'll use less fuel, if you just leave it running the entire time you're at the track, with the leanout valve wide open LMAO.