DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cant trust anyone!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cant trust anyone!!!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back on topic Tall Tales from the crypt, looking for free handouts.

No accountability.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You didn't answer my question Tard, or read the link, your grammar ain't any better than your drag racing.

Wow Mikey, that's the best you can do? Actually, my grammar will smoke your grammar any day of the week, but no sense in arguing with a fool....They only bring you down to their level....

As to racing, when was the last time you drove a car Mikey? Huh?? When????? For me, last weekend was the date. No races this weekend for my class, and all others cancelled due to rain. Nothing I can do anything about...But again, I digress....When was the last time you actually raced??? Plenty of tracks there, Immokalee, West Palm, Orlando, Gainesville.....Had the Nova out to one of those lately? Bet not.....

Might want to let up off the bottle too.....Late night drinking will catch up to you eventually and you'll take out another cone....wait, no you won't... Because YOU DON'T RACE! But hey, I'm game, anytime you want to come play on the mountain bring your best. I'll trailer you first round just for fun. You talk a big game but can't back up ****. 99.9% of the people on this forum have forgotten more than you'll ever know about anything, and your insistence on having to be "always right" just makes you look like a bigger fool than you already are. How about you post some time slips from something recent that you've raced??? Like within the last year? Damnit, forgot, you can't...

You remind me of the now passed on Butch from YB. He knew everything about everything, yet never heard of or seen anything of his running. He did manage to scam some cylinder head companies of some heads for a shootout he was supposed to do, but never did....Guess you'd fall right in line. You keep posting the same old engine pics, same old time slip pics, and keep claiming to be an expert on engines, transmissions, converters, you name it. Mr. Know it all.....

Say what you will to me or about me, I could care less what the hell you think. I don't claim to know everything and never will. I ask for help when I need it, and take advice the same. I help when I can and give advice when I can. Maybe if you spent less time in mama's basement being a keyboard warrior and more time actually doing some racing you'd be more respected. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I'm willing to bet that everybody on this board has raced more than you in the last 5 years or more....

I know what would be fun though, and I'd love to see it happen. You against Ed. I know Ed would clean your clock without even breaking a sweat....He'd put that little nova of yours that's sitting gathering rust from not running on the trailer by the 60' mark.

Rant over, pretty much done with you. You're quite the piece of work Mikey, but your head is swollen from your own ego. Eventually someone will knock you off your little pedestal, and they won't be gentle about it.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I can beat you anytime Mikey, easily.....come play on the mountain.....You're a hack, nothing more.....

I race, do you? Nope.....I went more rounds last weekend than you've gone in more than 10 years.....and I didn't hit any cones in the process either.....

Either race and back up your sxxx talk or shut the hell up.

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hit the block because you say I did.

Irregardless isn't a word because you say it isn't.

I'm a hack because you say I am.

None of the evidence is in your favor, Lib-Tard.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You didn't answer my question Tard, or read the link, your grammar ain't any better than your drag racing.

Wow Mikey, that's the best you can do? Actually, my grammar will smoke your grammar any day of the week, but no sense in arguing with a fool....They only bring you down to their level....

As to racing, when was the last time you drove a car Mikey? Huh?? When????? For me, last weekend was the date. No races this weekend for my class, and all others cancelled due to rain. Nothing I can do anything about...But again, I digress....When was the last time you actually raced??? Plenty of tracks there, Immokalee, West Palm, Orlando, Gainesville.....Had the Nova out to one of those lately? Bet not.....

Might want to let up off the bottle too.....Late night drinking will catch up to you eventually and you'll take out another cone....wait, no you won't... Because YOU DON'T RACE! But hey, I'm game, anytime you want to come play on the mountain bring your best. I'll trailer you first round just for fun. You talk a big game but can't back up ****. 99.9% of the people on this forum have forgotten more than you'll ever know about anything, and your insistence on having to be "always right" just makes you look like a bigger fool than you already are. How about you post some time slips from something recent that you've raced??? Like within the last year? Damnit, forgot, you can't...

You remind me of the now passed on Butch from YB. He knew everything about everything, yet never heard of or seen anything of his running. He did manage to scam some cylinder head companies of some heads for a shootout he was supposed to do, but never did....Guess you'd fall right in line. You keep posting the same old engine pics, same old time slip pics, and keep claiming to be an expert on engines, transmissions, converters, you name it. Mr. Know it all.....

Say what you will to me or about me, I could care less what the hell you think. I don't claim to know everything and never will. I ask for help when I need it, and take advice the same. I help when I can and give advice when I can. Maybe if you spent less time in mama's basement being a keyboard warrior and more time actually doing some racing you'd be more respected. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I'm willing to bet that everybody on this board has raced more than you in the last 5 years or more....

I know what would be fun though, and I'd love to see it happen. You against Ed. I know Ed would clean your clock without even breaking a sweat....He'd put that little nova of yours that's sitting gathering rust from not running on the trailer by the 60' mark.

Rant over, pretty much done with you. You're quite the piece of work Mikey, but your head is swollen from your own ego. Eventually someone will knock you off your little pedestal, and they won't be gentle about it.

You and I are opposites, you've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a dragster which wins nothing. You call that racing?

I race my street car Nova I build the engine and transmission and it wins at a high percentage per entry as anyone in drag racing, every penny I make is profit. It's the same car I drove to work 34 years ago.

The tech I give here is based on automobile performance fundamentals which aren't subjective (opinion), no matter I do or don't race, they won't change. They're the same fundamentals I used in approach to any change I made on my car, which won races at a high rate per entry.

You and I are opposites, you got a high dollar car you claim to do the work on, which never wins, and you'retelling me to shut up? LoL you shut the hell up, with your poor tech.

As far as your call out, I ain't driving to Colorado to race a dork who can't beat anyone, why would I?

As far as Ed's call out, I ain't driving to him either, he's not even the best in his neighborhood. You two dorks should know already, any time you call someone out, you drive to them, that's the rule. Neither one of you dorks are on my list of people I'd be interested in racing,but somehow I'm on the top of yours. Instead of these internet fantasy tall tales of how easily you can beat someone a couple thousand miles away, why not spend these overly emotional outbursts on the people in your neck of the woods? Is it because you can't? Yes. If you could beat someone regularly, you wouldn't so worried about me. But ya can't, as history has shown.

Do yourself a favor Libtard, next time you make claims of any kind, bring some Evidence. But you Libtards can't function outside of make believe, can ya?

That's why you rely on make believe. It's also why you're a Libtard.

Irregardless is a word Libtard as the evidence has shown.

Nobody hit the block as the Evidence shows.

I'm not a hack as 7 Super Pro championships in 10 seasons evidences.

Bring some evidence of anything you claim Lib-tard. You can't.

Bring some Evidence you've ever won a drag race in your life dork.

I forgot about winning more races and championships than you and Ed have won combined. And guess what? I build my own power and transmission.

You do to supposedly, difference being you don't win. Ya, didn't win a single race in Florida, maybe it's best you went back home Eh? Let us know when you finally live the dream I've forgotten more about, than you'll ever know K? I'll be waiting. So far you haven't won a single race since I've been a member here. I don't see that changing at all. But let us know, we're still waiting.

LMAO

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I remember when this site had good information.

Now it's a sh1t show because of 1320,Mike R and the people that want to argue with them.
Sinking ship.
Facebook was probably going to kill it anyway.
Best of luck Scott!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Libtard? Shouldn't describe yourself like that Mikey.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU RACED??? WHEN?????

Hundreds of thousands of dollars huh? I didn't realize I had that much money.

I've won more rounds of racing in the last two weeks than you have in the last ten years....prove me wrong.

You're nothing more than a basement hack. Won't come here because you're not only scared, you KNOW you'll lose.

Enjoy soy boy.

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

No accountability.

the seller told him he had the motor freshened to the tune of 7000.00 in 2016...he put 12 passes on it and parked it..
the rods according to lunati have not been produced since 2008...the bearings are 2006...the mains are 2008..the block is 2005...you cant tell me this thing is a new freshen with all old parts for 7k

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Libtard? Shouldn't describe yourself like that Mikey.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU RACED??? WHEN?????

Hundreds of thousands of dollars huh? I didn't realize I had that much money.

I've won more rounds of racing in the last two weeks than you have in the last ten years....prove me wrong.

You're nothing more than a basement hack. Won't come here because you're not only scared, you KNOW you'll lose.

Enjoy soy boy.

The last time I raced, I was in the final round, this is the semifinal rd.

Where are you coming up with 10 years? Or is that your Lib-Tard make believe stripes showing again?

When was the last time you won a drag race? Never?

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'd be wringing someone's neck if it were me. That's a lot of cash for that... Can't see spending $7k on a "freshen"....especially a small block.

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
So you haven't raced. Good. Just
Proved my point. Go back in your mamas basement now, it's time to change your diaper.

Soy boy.

Mark Goulette

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you haven't raced. Good. Just
Proved my point. Go back in your mamas basement now, it's time to change your diaper.

Soy boy.

I've been in 3 final rounds of the last four times I've entered a drag strip.

That's more final rounds than you've been in your entire life.

So much for needing seat time to win eh? Seat time is kinda out the window now to.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not my circus, not my monkeys but the one thing you are all discounting without knowing for sure is maybe the guy who had the engine freshened got screwed by the builder? It does happen, I have seen it many times. He paid the 7 grand and thought he was good to go. Ran it a couple of times and parked it thinking it was fine.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

No accountability.

the seller told him he had the motor freshened to the tune of 7000.00 in 2016...he put 12 passes on it and parked it..
the rods according to lunati have not been produced since 2008...the bearings are 2006...the mains are 2008..the block is 2005...you cant tell me this thing is a new freshen with all old parts for 7k

I'm curious if you understand just exactly how inxperienced you sound, when you talk dates and years specific parts are built.

We're not talking milk, with an expiration date.

Dates don't matter, I'm looking at the bearing, it's fresh.

Do you know how much it costs to freshen a sbc? the same as it does BBC, as much as your willing to pay the person to do it, with the knowledge and expertise you don't have. That's how much.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Not my circus, not my monkeys but the one thing you are all discounting without knowing for sure is maybe the guy who had the engine freshened got screwed by the builder? It does happen, I have seen it many times. He paid the 7 grand and thought he was good to go. Ran it a couple of times and parked it thinking it was fine.

Well, the guy who bought the car was slipped the Weenie. The question is did the guy who sold the car know it or was he ripped off by a builder for %7,000?

Really like to know more about what parts were in there and why it blew up before we say exactly what happened and who is at fault.

As for the rest of the bull we do not care what a guy who last won a round 10 years or more ago has to say. Seems the ones who brag the most on themselves and their junk have done nothing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm hacking up some high end rearend parts today for The Ripper, Coloradoracer, in preparation for keeping my winning streak alive.

What are you doing today, kicking your tires, trying to figure out what to do next, in order to win for the first time in your life? Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Who's bragging? Coloradoracer asked when was the last time I entered a drag strip. I figured it was only fair, he knew I was in the final round 3 of the last 4 times I entered a drag strip.

If ya wanna count the last 5 times I entered a drag strip, I'd have been in the final round here too, if I hadn't put the crossover in backwards at 4 cars.

So much for seat time being needed to win drag races eh?

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Jena Vet had the engine been dynoed anywhere" How much HP?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Jena Vet had the engine been dynoed anywhere" How much HP?

700 to 800 hp depending 23 or 18 degree heads. It's a 434 at least.

He's being stingy with photo's so far

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd be wringing someone's neck if it were me. That's a lot of cash for that... Can't see spending $7k on a "freshen"....especially a small block.

It seems excessive to me too.
Looking at what was stated above, there are new rods and bearings. I have to imagine new rings and hone, unless new pistons went in then there is more. New valve springs and valve job. New gaskets and assembly/cleaning labor. Seems kinda steep if all was done. Maybe crack checking too. Of course parts fail. But the more we hear, the more it sounds like the pan and heads came off, it looked good, and the builder rolled the dice that it would survive till the next freshen interval.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post