New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 years since
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All steel 3200 lbs. This is the standard all others are measured 10x28 bias, Brodix T1 23 n/a or AFR sbc.

Driver builds transmission & Engine.

I told ya this is the fastest / quickest.

Nobody showed up to say otherwise.

I can say it, because it's Truth.

Not bragging, it's reality

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe nobody showed up because nobody cares.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

BINGO

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
All steel 3200 lbs. This is the standard all others are measured 10x28 bias, Brodix T1 23 n/a or AFR sbc.

Driver builds transmission & Engine.

I told ya this is the fastest / quickest.

Nobody showed up to say otherwise.

I can say it, because it's Truth.

Not bragging, it's reality

Mike, what’s your best pass? And how much does it weight?

Dave

Posts: 23 | Location: Ny | Registered: April 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

You care, you've had a 23 sbc hot rod on a small tire, 99% of the hot rod world has.

You didn't come close to dipping in the 5's n/a at 3200 pds, only 1% did, you weren't one of them.

This Nova on the other hand did dip in the 5's 3200 lbs, Brodix 23 T1 n/a. 0% have done that.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Scotty Dugginz PAR, drop shipped the Brodix T1's to me from Brodix in Texas.

Too bad he didn't drop ship me a Elite 20 too.

We'd have a new standard there as well.

Common sense.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If everyone kept adding parameters to the requirement, everyone would have the fastest of something.

"It's the fastest Yugo with a small block Chevy and Turbo 350 with 4.88 gears and a Hurst shifter and a vacuum secondary holley on 28 x 9 tires that has a scratch on the hood and a green paint job."

See. No one cares.

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Factory condition car 10 x 28 bias slick, n/a 23 sbc, 3200 lbs..

99% of the hot rod world has fit the parameters at one time or another, owning one.

0% has dipped in the 5's n/a.

0% is the collective unconscious parameter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Common sense.

At lest do your homework and realize Brodix is in Arkansas, not Texas

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by td232:
At lest do your homework and realize Brodix is in Arkansas, not Texas

Common sense.

Damn, really? I always pictured Texas, when I thought of Brodix.

As long as they're made in USA, I could give two chitz, ultimately.

Not sure what it has to do with drag racing performance either, although at this point, I'm sure you'd prefer to change the topic. Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, I’ve been 5.98 in my 86 camaro. 427, afr220s. 9” tire, full interior. 3200lbs and change. No triple chrom on her but it’s a t top car. That’s also geared for 1/4mi. I think it’s pretty decent for a broke dyck!

Posts: 23 | Location: Ny | Registered: April 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dparker1610:
Mike, I’ve been 5.98 in my 86 camaro. 427, afr220s. 9” tire, full interior. 3200lbs and change. No triple chrom on her but it’s a t top car. That’s also geared for 1/4mi. I think it’s pretty decent for a broke dyck!

Dayum, Awesome! What was the 60ft? Mph?

We have a third Gen with a sbc, T tops 10 x 28 bias, Ford 9" weighs 3050 w/ 160 lb driver, factory condition.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We have a third Gen with a sbc, T tops 10 x 28 bias, Ford 9" weighs 3050 w/ 160 lb driver, factory condition.

I’ll have to look thru my time slips next times this weekend. Iirc it was 1.29 60. Mph I can’t remember. Since then I put mt bias slicks on the car. Work much better at my track. Now it runs 9.5-9.6s

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I’ll have to look thru my time slips next times this weekend. Iirc it was 1.29 60. Mph I can’t remember. Since then I put mt bias slicks on the car. Work much better at my track. Now it runs 9.5-9.6s

These cars are light, I called my friend with the third gen, his weighed 2950 lbs with a sbc, with 160 driver and T tops. It has my old steel headed BBC 468 in it now. It now weighs 3300 lbs with him in the seat. His car is 100% factory condition front and back seat delete only. Moser 9", BMR torque arm, trailing arms and sway bar.

Third gen Firebird same as third gen Camaro, this guy says his "race weight is 2860 lbs" at the bottom, in the description.

Do you run 200-250 lbs of ballast? Confused

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

These cars are light, I called my friend with the third gen, his weighed 2950 lbs with a sbc, with 160 driver and T tops. It has my old steel headed BBC 468 in it now. It now weighs 3300 lbs with him in the seat. His car is 100% factory condition front and back seat delete only. Moser 9", BMR torque arm, trailing arms and sway bar.

Third gen Firebird same as third gen Camaro, this guy says his "race weight is 2860 lbs" at the bottom, in the description.

I could make mine lighter, but I don’t want to cut it up. I like the look of the full interior too. I’m running a s&w torque arm that’s been modified. I think it’s been said by somebody in the past, that these cars will run 9s with a nothing special small block.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I could make mine lighter, but I don’t want to cut it up. I like the look of the full interior too. I’m running a s&w torque arm that’s been modified. I think it’s been said by somebody in the past, that these cars will run 9s with a nothing special small block.

Do you run 200-250 lbs of ballast? It's impossible you're 3200 if my buddies third gen is 3300, with a steel headed BBC, isn't it?

How could that happen? Confused

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2715 lbs, you know he's talking no driver in the seat.

These cars are light weights, not GM steel muscle cars.

You must run 200-250 lbs ballast to make it 50% / 50% ??

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This thread ain’t about cut up shyt boxes and they’re nothing special small blocks!

This thread is about the “game changer” as stated by the late Tracy Dennis of Sunset Racecraft, 20 degree conventional bbc heads, thanks to Rick McConathy and Brodix, developed by Tracy Dennis and Scott Duggins for bolt on use. Now 10 years later we see the latest, greatest engines running these heads, with many builders using the BRX casting and their own port design to achieve HP rivaling the latest spread port engines and at least one making north of 1400 HP!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fastest n/a 23 sbc in America 3200 lbs 10 x 28 bias, out of the box Brodix or AFR.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Per G.M. a factory small block auto base package equipped 1969 Nova weighed 2820 pounds leaving the factory too... Chrome bumpers and all

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post