DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
I won't answer or return your calls like Ray does with you, when you call him LoL!!

hahaha
hello id like to spend 80,000 dollars...hello?? hello??

Try him from a throw away phone, he might answer on accident. LoL

My x gets me once every few years with that.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Old Mike has you guys & gals panties in a twist, chasing your tales in circles; some more than others. He's definitely pulling the strings & adding extra pull on them Twisted Granny Panties. You suckers are swallowing hook line & sinker, but then again...you swallow, but no spit; not that matters! Wink

2BKING, enjoying the cheap entertainment! Big Grin Full Moon

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2563 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like this combo a lot personally.

I'd rather a 1800 lb dragster going 4.60 - 4.70's, than a 2000 plus lb dragster going 4.60 - 4.70's.

Common sense, a lighter car is more reliable, less maintenance and easier on the tire-more consistent.

Somehow lightweight is a bad thing in this thread.

Upside down world.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like the 6,800 peaky power torque converter the car calls for, and everything about it.

This is exactly what I'd want if I owned a dragster.

Long rod ratio easy on cylinder wear.

Plenty fast, it'll go low 4.60's in good conditions.

It's basically a BBC 427 with a 6.385 long rod.

Kills et excellent as well.

Perfect IMO

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The last aluminum tall deck 4.25 stroke crank, long rod ratio BBC I did for these people in 2011 ran 4.70-4.80, lasted 9 seasons, leaked down good and didn't smoke, on methanol too.

548, they took it to someone else to freshen it out of guilt, it still ran perfect when it was taken out of the car and taken apart.

It blew up 50 runs after it was freshened, broke the block.

Perfect combo for Super Pro bracket racing IMO, long rod ratio, easy on cylinders.

Things will get good for them now with this combo, they finally got a long rod ratio peaky power torque converter behind it.

It ain't a chip off the old block combo. I'm glad they left the converter up to me because things will now get good for them.

This custom one off PTC torque converter is absolutely perfect for this combo, they did a helluva job with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Will this be the first misty lava trans?

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i am still trying to figure out the math on how you claim to have out run the nesbert motor. nesbert went 4.693 @ 145
retow went 4.725 @ 142
difference in air is .015 at best which makes retow 4.710 @ maybe 143

how does this math add up to you out performing the nesbert

ep-i am pulling for you so please help me understand.

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
so you went the same to the 330 as nesbert and 1 mph slower than nesbert but some how you are winning.

ep-i like it

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
so you went the same to the 330 as nesbert and 1 mph slower than nesbert but some how you are winning.

ep-i like it

In a handful of runs, in worse conditions.

Right lane is tighter and slower (mph).

Won the dyno competition too. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, FYI, Cory Gulitti won the $50K SFG race at Brandenton last night, you know, the track that's 40 minutes from your trailer park that you don't run because you'll get your azz handed to you on a regular points day no mind an SFG big $ event. Meanwhile, he did it with a "crate" engine, trans and rear just like thousands of bracket racers all across the country including your customer Costello who came up way short of your 4.50s promise, while Cory was dialing as quick as 4.38! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is the finish line in semifinal round last time I raced Bradenton.

It's self evident the winner. Somehow the wagon was anointed winner.

This is why I don't race Bradenton.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
Will this be the first misty lava trans?

Yes, the man who owns the transmission requested misty lava powdercoating.

I may start doing my intakes misty lava, I like it as well, after seeing it. Clean

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Penske inline monotube lightweight damper.

We went with the higher technology reb/bump clickers.

Black springs

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
while Cory was dialing as quick as 4.38! :

Cory must've had a "longer rod ratio " ..

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
while Cory was dialing as quick as 4.38! :

Cory must've had a "longer rod ratio " ..

Not what ya want with a blower, long rod ratio.

If you're thinking of switching to a blower, a long rod ratio isn't the hot ticket.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Retard, FYI, Cory Gulitti won the $50K SFG race at Brandenton last night, you know, the track that's 40 minutes from your trailer park that you don't run because you'll get your azz handed to you on a regular points day no mind an SFG big $ event. Meanwhile, he did it with a "crate" engine, trans and rear just like thousands of bracket racers all across the country including your customer Costello who came up way short of your 4.50s promise, while Cory was dialing as quick as 4.38! Laughing very hard

If it offended you I pointed out you don't even have the drag racing moxie to fix park on your own 2 speed powerglide.

Too bad, it's a fact.

If fact offends you, too bad.

You dragging everyone else in because *you* are clueless and naive, won't change the fact you're nothing more than the wanna be crew chief in your avatar, and never will be. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the fact is you're an internet forum hack.

the fact is you assemble nothing special and subpar junk with chinese parts for the clueless and naive.

the fact is the engine you assembled for Costello is a turd.

the fact is you don't bracket race.

the fact is you're a wannabe heads up racer.

the fact is your pos nova is a cutup shyt box and far from factory original condition.

the fact is you hit the cone!

the fact is no one here with a clue cares what you do, what you post in your many threads.

the fact is that after 4 1 /2 years posting here no one with a clue has contracted you to assemble an engine, trans or rear for them.

If these facts offend you, too bad.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lets pretend it's bad I can do everything because you are clueless, naive, inexperienced, and can't do anything.

As you've proven year in and year out, for forty years drag racing.