Find
Notify
Tools

carb spacers
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the credit Ed but it was mostly you that made it happen.

The Chevelle was a show car and a wheelie machine....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ok Ed, if you wanna play the absurdity game and pretend I haven't evidenced my entire run including YouTube video, that's fine.

You might find some overly emotional fem to not find your story wildly unreasonable but no rational thinking man will care or take you seriously, if you can't show the time slip as yours, not someone else's.

I surely don't care or believe you so there's no reason to discuss it further, your history for absurdity shows it's not like you're gonna come around, grow up and be rational.

Have a fine day Ed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
mickey, the more you post, the more you make it so blatantly clear that you aren't remotely the expert on everything you try to be and don't have nearly the drag racing knowledge and experience that I and others here do.

FYI, Joe Abbazzi's former 71 B/SA Chevelle and Kevin Borgstrom's '69 B/SA Chevelle both 60 footed 1.29 over a decade ago on 9" tires at over 3800 lbs. NahNahTounge

As Rich stated, his former F Body and many other stock eliminator cars have 60 footed sub 1.30 on 9" tires. So again, your 1.278 60 foot with your cut upped, ladder bar, shyt box launched off the trans brake was never anything special to anyone with a clue, only to you who is clueless.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I could say honestly without any evidence, I went 1.36 60ft 10.52 121mph with a steel headed (Merlin sq)flat tappet cam 427 BBC on a set of Monroe Matics shocks, a 10" tire and a 2 speed powerglide at 3550 - 3600 lbs, in 1993 at the Snowbird Nationals.

But what is that gonna do for you with someone else's timeslip you put your car number on, you can't show for fear everyone will see it's not your timeslip?

Absurdity is the new normal Ed, so you'll do alright with all the overly emotional fems the TV brainwashing has produced in this society.

Us old school Americans still use Evidence to come to rational conclusions.

I wouldn't worry about it Ed, if no one with any sense about them takes you serious.

Have a fine day Ed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Cant believe I just read through all that crap Roll Eyes

Your dead wrong Mike ………

Ed has been pounding his oval port chest for 20 yrs about how good that car 60'and it did !!! I used to go 10.0's at 5 mph faster with my iron squareports with a 1.65 60' Big Grin

Ed's car performed like a stocker, it flat out worked and was show quality to boot.

He ain't lyin

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
30 years and counting Razz Big Grin as both the Firebird and dragster engines have oval port heads as will my next engine making 1300+ HP.

HS professor...KNOWS!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Cant believe I just read through all that crap Roll Eyes

Your dead wrong Mike ………

Ed has been pounding his oval port chest for 20 yrs about how good that car 60'and it did !!! I used to go 10.0's at 5 mph faster with my iron squareports with a 1.65 60' Big Grin

Ed's car performed like a stocker, it flat out worked and was show quality to boot.

He ain't lyin

Who cares if he can't even evidence the 330. Nobody with any sense takes it serious.

We started out on topic with evidenced Reher Morrison spacer performance on sbc's with 845 starting line ratio's, next thing you know Ed is spamming the thread with BBC 1200 starting line ratio's.

What does it have to do with the carb spacer topic ?

Who cares, how hard could that be BBC 1200 SLR taking the approach Ed does, it just comes down to how much money ya wanna spend.

I do all my own powerplant and transmission, always have. I don't see it being difficult at all.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong again mikey and you stil haven't posted the complete time slip with the 1.278 60 foot alleged from your trans brake launched 3150 lb. ladder bar, cut up shyt box with triple chrome plated bumpers

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who cares if he can't even evidence the 330. Nobody with any sense takes it serious.

He can and he will, he's just asking you go first Tip PC

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

He can and he will, he's just asking you go first Tip PC

Ed won't or he already would have.

To be honest I could care less.

The car looks like a POS to me and we know it's a dud. So I could care less if ed shows the 330 on the timeslip or not.

The 330 is already shown on my timeslip 3.83 indicating the Nova is on a 5 second n/a pass if I'm not on the brakes.

I could care less about Eds car, he's already admitted it's a 700hp 10.0 BBC. My sb makes 50hp more than that and I built it, using some sbc junk I had laying around.

Ed's trying to give me his engine builders phone number LoL.

Who cares what you're doing Ed? I don't, you don't even build your own powerplant.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well SL, the counts up so you must be happy.... clapping

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike you never answered if you bring that beast out so the rest of us can see it tare up the pavement

Posts: 123 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

They don't run these this time of the year, soon as it cools down a little Sept. Just finished it up.

How about you Jonesz, care to share your racing plans?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

They don't run these this time of the year, soon as it cools down a little Sept. Just finished it up.

How about you Jonesz, care to share your racing
plans?

Anyone that’s knows me, knows I get around the south East. I have a 67 camaro with a 422 and out of the box AFR heads. I would gladly race you heads up somewhere and add weight to mine to equal yours since it’s a tad lighter. Also have dragster that runs 4.30’s. Don’t think the Nova can handle it...

Posts: 123 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

How about you Jonesz, care to share your racing
plans?

Anyone that’s knows me, knows I get around the south East. I have a 67 camaro with a 422 and out of the box AFR heads. I would gladly race you heads up somewhere and add weight to mine to equal yours since it’s a tad lighter. Also have dragster that runs 4.30’s. Don’t think the Nova can handle it...

I'm a little out gunned if you have AFR. Everyone know's AFR is faster than Brodix right? If I'm 50 to a 100 heavier it might be a decent race, or would you prefer to be heavier? We can't weigh the same, that wouldn't be any fun. How about if I carry an extra 50 lbs?

Post a picture of the car when you have time, at your convenience please if you would sir.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
We've seen some improvements in the dyno cell with a 1 1/2" Wilson 4 hole tapered spacer. But, we ain't racing dynos so who knows if there is an actual gain to be had on the track. My own piece did 10 HP better without a spacer

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
some will need evidence that you made 10hp more without a spacer Nomad.

ep-Nomad has thrown a wrench in the cog. good job Nomad

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
so now the RM shear spacer is only good for idle quality and not et gain. is this what we can assume from the statement at hand?

we don't go down the track at idle, therefore I am not concerned with idle quality.

ep-picking up .3 with the RM shear spacer

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Performance is relative at idle or down track according to given peak cylinder pressure at the right degree after TDC.

The spacer obviously performs well, idle as well as down track, relative its user. The same as any part with the potential for increasing power.

Unless you have Evidence to indicate otherwise to introduce, I'm not sure why you're trolling the thread off topic.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Mikey, according to you, you don't need a racepak because you know the math. You can spec a converter right every time. you can build the fastest small blocks around and tune with the best of them. My question to you is this: If you're so good, then why aren't you a pro tuner on a FAST car, such as outlaw pro mod? I'm sure with your advanced knowledge and superior skills, any team would hire you at any wage in a heartbeat, and that they would immediately turn the fastest times recorded for the track they are on...

Seems reasonable to me to let such talent go to waste being a keyboard warrior....I'd even bet they don't know the RM spacer trick you do....That alone should put them in record territory....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post