DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running Wiseco Pro True Street pistons??
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is getting a hydraulic roller pump gas 496 as well. We're putting this back on the street.

This thing went 6.20 flat 113mph twenty years ago on a 10x28 with my old steel headed 468 @3400 lbs 4.30 gear.

Nice car BMR torque arm, fab 9 factory condition 84 Camaro, clean all the factory interior in it, power windows.

The 468 has a set of Lunati 6.385 pro mod rods, GM 4.00 stroke black crank, we're gonna use rods in the new engine. Weld Magnum beadlocks.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To make installing the front coil springs on second gen Camaro's look easy, buy this cheap spring tool off Amazon.

Take the hooks off the threaded shaft, that don't thread on the shaft. Drop the threaded shaft through the shock tower, attach the hooks on the spring, and start turning nut on the top side of the shock tower. it'll shorten the spring to make it a cake walk getting the spring in the bottom spring cup, on the lower A-arm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Down to brake lines and a Mopar master cyliner.

Strung it off the rear rotor, so the alignment is not perfect yet, but decent.

I nee to find a nice stainless brake line kit or I'll just do em up myself.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the adapter to mount the mopar master onto the firewall? I’m changing my 77 camaro to Manuel 4wheel disc from the power disc/drum original.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Where did you get the adapter to mount the mopar master onto the firewall? I’m changing my 77 camaro to Manuel 4wheel disc from the power disc/drum original.

Aerospace brakes sells a Mopar master cylinder kit that'll bolt in for you Sir.

Talk to Scott. He'll hook you up.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's a beauty.

Polished 8620 billet steel cam core. Hydraulic roller profile. This one is getting solid roller lifters, tight lash, and hydraulic roller spring pressures. EverWear distributor gear.

Street / Strip Life.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Mike.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Thanks for the info Mike.

Yes Sir, anytime.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trimming the button. I got no problem with this Speedmaster timing chain cover.

This cover will save you money on Amazon but be prepared to trim a button.

I plan on a couple thousandths cam endplay, plus the .006 or so of cover flex oughta be perfect.

The seal went in a little easy for my tastes, so I bolstered it with Right Stuff.

Loving this crank engine stand. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you use this Speedmaster cover, start with a .800-.850 button and you won't have to trim much. I ended up with a .730 cam button.

This cover flex's a hair more than the Cloyes I used previously, so I ended up .0015 enplay plus the flex.

I think these Speedmaster covers look nice. Saved $100 dollars or so too, Amazon.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Vollrath cookie sheet

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
She getting there, slowly but surely.

This wasn't a restore, it was a rescue.